What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Parramatta Eels sign Nathan Peats

Tuesday 23 July 2013 1:30 PM

00088340-leadimage.jpg

Today the Pirtek Parramatta Eels are pleased to announce the signing of Nathan Peats on a 3-year deal commencing in 2014.
Peats has been granted an early release from his contract with the South Sydney Rabbitohs to join the club next season.
Nathan Peats is a 2-time Indigenous All Star and this year made his debut in City Origin. He brings strong leadership qualities having captained the Rabbitohs NYC team to a Grand Final in 2010.
Pirtek Parramatta Eels Head Coach Ricky Stuart is confident the 22-year old can play a key role in restoring success at the club.
“Nathan is a wonderful talent and will bring a real competitiveness to our squad next season," Stuart said.
"He will play a massive part in what we are building towards here at the Eels and his signature ensures our recruitment and retention plans remain on track and in a good position to secure long-term success at the club.”
Peats has played 53 NRL games since making his first grade debut in 2011.
Interim CEO Matt Phelan believes Parramatta will enable the utility to reach his full potential as a footballer.
“Nathan has achieved some great things in his 3 seasons in the NRL, representing the Indigenous Allstars, playing for City and playing in a final series which is a credit to him," Phelan said.
"We truly believe Parramatta can provide a great opportunity for him to further his career and are confident he will fit perfectly into the culture we are building here as a club.”

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/80042

boxhead

First Grade
Our recruitment is now starting to shape up nicely. Hopoate, Peats, a pair of good English forwards, Norman, etc. We are getting a top class back, a good hooker (finally), some much needed forwards, and a better half than anyone we have now. By the sounds of it, we aren't done either; Groat and Prior would really round out our forward pack. That is a team I can see making the eight, but it is still a lot of work.

Eels Dude

Coach
I like this signing. He's better than Keating already and with youth on his side he can only improve too, especially with a lot more game time he'll get than at Souths.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Our recruitment is now starting to shape up nicely. Hopoate, Peats, a pair of good English forwards, Norman, etc. We are getting a top class back, a good hooker (finally), some much needed forwards, and a better half than anyone we have now. By the sounds of it, we aren't done either; Groat and Prior would really round out our forward pack. That is a team I can see making the eight, but it is still a lot of work.

The Groat rumour just won't go away. I'd be happy if we signed him, though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can't believe we would let someone like Frazer go without good reason :?

The good news with Peats signing has now turned to shit with us losing one of our most promising players. He will go to somewhere like Melbourne or Manly and be a star.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We do have plenty of tight forwards contracted for the next couple of years though, and I was starting to wonder how we'd fit them all in.

I suspect Masinamua was released to create some salary cap space.

Can't believe we would let someone like Frazer go without good reason :?

The good news with Peats signing has now turned to shit with us losing one of our most promising players. He will go to somewhere like Melbourne or Manly and be a star.

One step forward ten steps back

Delboy

First Grade
So Jake, you rate Fraser 10 times better than Peats, gee we do stretch the envelope. I like Fraser, and he may come good, not as sure as I was before

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just strange that the kid was talked up as the second coming now he is gone without a chance to prove himself after an injury. Watch him be a star somewhere else and we will see the old Parra let another one go line trotted out.

Stagger eel

Staff member
All I could say in the matter is you don't get rid of a kid like him unless its a good reason, it took Albert Kelly 3 clubs to finally find his feet... I'm not sure how long or if ever he will get there but there's no doubting his talent..

Status
Not open for further replies.