What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestyLife

First Grade
Are Yeo and Luai done yet? All 3 finished their seasons at the same time. For that matter plenty of key players across the comp still not signed. Even some that weren't in Origin

You're cherry picking a similarity. Were The other players suppose to have been announced by now and delayed as well?

murraymob

Coach
Nope. I actually do contribute here. Unfortunately, you appear to be apart of the sheep production, and by that I mean that you follow the other negative people, who chose to bag me. Lol.
Tap your your head be interesting to hear the sound Sheep mentality do you even know what you type
Forums are for debate
Not just yes we will win
Yes our coach is the best
Yes our signings are the best
If you make comments on my posts at least debate the point .Franklin even when he does not agree at least make valid points and debates I enjoy that

Jane Murray

Bench
Tap your your head be interesting to hear the sound Sheep mentality do you even know what you type
Forums are for debate
Not just yes we will win
Yes our coach is the best
Yes our signings are the best
If you make comments on my posts at least debate the point .Franklin even when he does not agree at least make valid points and debates I enjoy that
News flash, I do not care for debates. It is pretty simple.

Are Yeo and Luai done yet? All 3 finished their seasons at the same time. For that matter plenty of key players across the comp still not signed. Even some that weren't in Origin

I believe Yeo and Luia are done. Blade has said so. If you believe reports they haven't gone to market and both are keen to stay.
Deals can be done quickly for keen parties. Flanagan to the Dogs took a matter of weeks.
In my opinion I think we have been caught short for funds to re-sign the kids. Hence the delay.
Tried to move Whare on. No takers. Mansour still here holding out for a third year elsewhere.
Tetevano then gets the tap.
We re-sign Leniu and next week Tetevano gets moved on and we pick up a budget buy in Salmon with another couple of cheapies coming.
It is all about moving the little pieces around to get the big ones in.

franklin2323

Immortal
I believe Yeo and Luia are done. Blade has said so. If you believe reports they haven't gone to market and both are keen to stay.
Deals can be done quickly for keen parties. Flanagan to the Dogs took a matter of weeks.
In my opinion I think we have been caught short for funds to re-sign the kids. Hence the delay.
Tried to move Whare on. No takers. Mansour still here holding out for a third year elsewhere.
Tetevano then gets the tap.
We re-sign Leniu and next week Tetevano gets moved on and we pick up a budget buy in Salmon with another couple of cheapies coming.
It is all about moving the little pieces around to get the big ones in.

They didn't talk elsewhere. Just Hooper wants to bang on about Crichton only
Yep the squad will be a strong one when done

Jane Murray

Bench
What did he do?

FORMER Newcastle Knights player Zane Tetevano has no intentions of returning to the ‘‘toxic environment’’ of the NRL after he was jailed for at least nine months on Thursday for a series of attacks on his former girlfriend.

Tetevano showed little emotion as he was led to the cells, but he returned in handcuffs later in the afternoon where he was granted bail pending an appeal to the district court against the severity of his sentence.

He was sentenced to 18 months’ imprisonment with a non-parole period of nine months after previously pleading guilty to eight charges, including two counts each of common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Magistrate Ian Cheetham detailed the attacks, including instances of grabbing the victim’s singlet around her neck and throwing her across a room, punching, kicking and verbal abuse.

Tetevano smashed the victim’s phone, damaged her car and smashed other objects.

On at least two occasions she locked herself in a room to keep a drunken Tetevano at bay.

His barrister, Julieanne Levick, said Tetevano was now working 60 hours a week and had no intentions of returning to the ‘‘limelight’’ of professional rugby league.

‘‘This man has turned his life around from a very dark place,’’ she said.

‘‘From an NRL star to the very humble man who is before the court today.

‘‘He has no desire to return to the toxic environment that the NRL invites.’’

Tetevano, 24, had a dysfunctional upbringing in New Zealand, including exposure to domestic violence and drug and alcohol abuse before he moved to Australia, the court heard.

He played 29 first grade games for the Knights before he was sacked in May last year.

He was later signed by Manly before they tore his contract up when he changed his pleas from not guilty to guilty for the assault charges.

Ms Levick initially tried to adjourn yesterday’s sentencing so Tetevano could finish a domestic violence program he has been completing through Relationships Australia, however Mr Cheetham said the case had already been delayed and needed to be completed. Ms Levick said Tetevano had a new partner who supported him and whom he intended starting a family with.

She said Tetevano had been diagnosed with major depression and was seeing a counsellor and a psychologist.

‘‘He wants to put his head down and work, have children and move on,’’ Ms Levick said.

‘‘It would be a travesty to send this man to jail.’’

Mr Cheetham said jail was the only appropriate sentence because of the repeated nature of the attacks.

‘‘He has expressed his anger towards [the victim] and she has suffered because of it,’’ he said.

The first attack was in November 2013 with three other episodes over the following five months.

Police obtained an apprehended violence order on the victim’s behalf in January 2014, but it was later revoked at the request of Tetevano and his then girlfriend.

The attacks continued, leaving the victim with bruising to various parts of her body.

Tetevano was sacked by the Knights when he was convicted and fined $440 for punching and breaking a taxi window.

After damaging the taxi he damaged his then girlfriend’s car before blaming her for the incident.

He then embarked on another violent rampage hours later forcing the victim to ‘‘lock herself’’ away for 15minutes until Tetevano settled, Mr Cheetham said.

Tetevano’s bail conditions include reporting to Gosford police station three days a week, surrendering his passport and lodging $2000.

The appeal will be heard later this year.

DISGRACED former Newcastle Knight Zane Tetevano has been jailed for at least nine months for four separate attacks on his former girlfriend.

Despite his lawyer arguing that Tetevano had transformed his life since leaving the ‘‘toxic environment’’ of the NRL, magistrate Ian Cheetham said the only suitable sentence for Tetevano’s offending was jail.

Tetevano was sentenced to a total of 18 months’ imprisonment with a non-parole period of nine months.

Tetevano previously pleaded guilty to eight charges including two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and two counts of common assault.

Mr Cheetham detailed the different occasions when Tetevano had punched, kicked, slapped and thrown his former girlfriend during drunken bouts of rage.

Tetevano had also smashed property and intimidated his former partner over several months forcing her to lock herself in rooms away from the former front-rower.

Newcastle Local Court heard that Tetevano had no intention of resuming his rugby league career and was now working 60 hours a week and planning to start a family with his new girlfriend.

Earlier, Tetevano had asked Mr Cheetham to delay his sentencing so he can complete a course on domestic violence.

Mr Cheetham was told that Tetevano was midway through a 20-week course with Relationships Australia and would like to finish the course before being sentenced.

BxTom

Bench
I don’t think many clubs are letting their coaches control recruitment and rentention completely like it has been in the past. Even very successful coaches like Bennett and Des have created serious salary cap headaches for their clubs in recent years when they had little oversight. No doubt the coaches will always get the biggest say but it’s been proven giving a coach complete control can end very badly. Matt Cameron has done very well in his time here, I think he has proven he has a great brain for player development with his work rebuilding that whole aspect of our club. Now that he is head of the football department I just don’t see Cameron letting cleary or any coach have complete control of recruitment and rentention.
I think that the coaches are naming their preferred selections with a ranking. I think management are in charge of negotiation and payments (salary cap) due to the complexity.

If the GF wasn't 3 weeks late. Followed by SOO then Yeo, Crichton and Luai are already offical. Sometimes things happen

Origin after the GF didn't stop the Roosters re-signing Tedesco to a multi million dollar deal. They also retained Verillis and Tupouniua before Christmas.

No. I believe the extra money needed is to retain Crichton, Luai, and Yeo. We needed to move a player on first.
Crichton was expected to be done 1st week of November until his greedy manager demanded more. That stuffed things up. Blade said it would cost us a key re-signing or a mid pricer. Case point is Tetevano’s departure.
Hence the delay on all the re-signings
It is clear we are feeling the squeeze.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
No. I believe the extra money needed is to retain them. We needed to move players on first.
Crichton was expected to be done 1st week of November until his greedy manager demanded more. That stuffed things up. Blade said it would cost us a key re-signing or a mid pricer. Case point is Tetevano’s departure.
Hence the delay on all the re-signings
It is clear we are feeling the squeeze.

Tetevano was off contract for 2022. So moving him doesn't help that

Is he being greedy though? We have yet see actual figures he is asking for

Handshake deal or not. The new manager starts in Oct.
He isn't going to talk to anyone while the finals are going on.
Then Crichton went into the SOO bubble. Again Crichton is out of action for 3 weeks

So even if the plan is to honour the original deal still would be dragging out. Tedesco had the same manager and is the best player in the comp easy to do.

Adam Reynolds still isn't re-signed and won't go anywhere

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts