What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
My gut feeling is Segeyaro will be offloaded before Jun 30.

I don't think he should be but can't see him playing out the season with us given recent developments.

A real shame in my opinion because at his best he is so talented and Cameron Smith aside one the best number nines in the game.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
My gut feeling is Segeyaro will be offloaded before Jun 30.

I don't think he should be but can't see him playing out the season with us given recent developments.

A real shame in my opinion because at his best he is so talented and Cameron Smith aside one the best number nines in the game.

Problem is, he hasn't been at his best since 2014. On current form I put him at 4th best hooker at our club alone, that's not even comparing him to the rest of the NRL.

Kilkenny

Coach
Problem is, he hasn't been at his best since 2014. On current form I put him at 4th best hooker at our club alone, that's not even comparing him to the rest of the NRL.

He may be behind Wallace on form, but our other options are not quality NRL standard, certainly not to the level Segeyaro is capable of at his best.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's pretty funny hooker has been a strength for a while and going into 2017 we will be set back a few years to when we had Kingston. That's pretty much what Wallace will be for us. Solid. Will play hard. Play smart but not really be a huge threat and won't have any x-factor.

I'm not sold on any of our young hookers being ready for a full-time hooking role in 2017. Not sure they could even successfully be a benchie for us. It's a shame we released Korisau early. We would have known early this season that we would prefer him over Segeyaro and losing Segs would be fine. I knew it was a mistake to release him. But I thought we would need him through injury. Not through the circumstances we are in now.

Kilkenny

Coach
It's pretty funny hooker has been a strength for a while and going into 2017 we will be set back a few years to when we had Kingston. That's pretty much what Wallace will be for us. Solid. Will play hard. Play smart but not really be a huge threat and won't have any x-factor.

I'm not sold on any of our young hookers being ready for a full-time hooking role in 2017. Not sure they could even successfully be a benchie for us. It's a shame we released Korisau early. We would have known early this season that we would prefer him over Segeyaro and losing Segs would be fine. I knew it was a mistake to release him. But I thought we would need him through injury. Not through the circumstances we are in now.

In the club's defence they released Korisau to give him greater opportunities and an extended deal. Couldn't have foreshadowed Segeyaro's fall from grace. We all wish we could have kept Korisau but hindsight is a wonderful thing and at the time the club were probably doing the right thing by the player which is too there credit.

If Cleary works out then all we need from a hooker is to pass and tackle. Dont need much spark with Carty,Moylan and 2 halves

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He may be behind Wallace on form, but our other options are not quality NRL standard, certainly not to the level Segeyaro is capable of at his best.

He's not at his best, that's the point, right now, Wallace, Katoa and ZDC are all playing better than him.

At his best, he is obviously better than all of him.

betcats

Referee

I think Katoa could do well in a bench role, he is pretty versatile and has a handy kicking game, he's not a FG hooker though not yet

CCJohnC

Juniors

I thought the rumour was we had signed Cherrington from West Tigers for 2017.

GongPanther

Referee
In today's Sunday Tele-ar$ewipe,they "report" that Mansour is going to the Roosters.

Didn't find this article on the online news.com site,or the SMH site.

BxTom

Bench
In today's Sunday Tele-ar$ewipe,they "report" that Mansour is going to the Roosters.

Didn't find this article on the online news.com site,or the SMH site.

It's by Rothfield, so you may need a tonne or two of salt...

MANSOUR TO CASH IN ELSEWHERE

PENRITH are in danger of losing powerful State of Origin winger Josh Mansour, whose contract is up at the end of the season. The move to sign James Tamouand upgrade Bryce Cartwright, James Fisher-Harrisand Nathan Cleary has left little in the salary cap for wingers.

The Panthers’ first offer to Mansour is about half of what he can earn elsewhere and he is now being shopped around by his agent Sam Ayoub. It would be no surprise to see him step out for Sydney Roosters next season.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/d43902d2163c41d7622cdcedb53a6f33

Tom.

GongPanther

Referee
It's by Rothfield, so you may need a tonne or two of salt...

MANSOUR TO CASH IN ELSEWHERE

PENRITH are in danger of losing powerful State of Origin winger Josh Mansour, whose contract is up at the end of the season. The move to sign James Tamouand upgrade Bryce Cartwright, James Fisher-Harrisand Nathan Cleary has left little in the salary cap for wingers.

The Panthers? first offer to Mansour is about half of what he can earn elsewhere and he is now being shopped around by his agent Sam Ayoub. It would be no surprise to see him step out for Sydney Roosters next season.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/d43902d2163c41d7622cdcedb53a6f33

Tom.

Thankx for that Tom.

Someone mentioned that article to me this afternoon,and I have to constantly have to remind them if it's from Rothfield,ignore the prick.

GongPanther

Referee
Mansour will stay.

He has been quoted that he wants to stay.And why would he leave a club with so much future potential.

And he will know that if he hangs around for a few years,the salary cap increase,plus the fact that Mansour becomes a multi-year exempt player,will eventually see him duly rewarded.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He has been quoted that he wants to stay.And why would he leave a club with so much future potential.

And he will know that if he hangs around for a few years,the salary cap increase,plus the fact that Mansour becomes a multi-year exempt player,will eventually see him duly rewarded.

Its not all about the Money for Sauce, he loves the club and feels he owes a lot.

Its not all about the Money for Sauce, he loves the club and feels he owes a lot.

Unless we offer him a decent amount less or we don't have the money and have to let him go, I agree, I think he loves it here and he has been a very loyal outgoing guy. He wouldn't leave here unless he has to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts