What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

soc123_au

Staff member
From today's Sunday Telegraph Quote " Which NRL star is having second thoughts about joining a clib in 2019 with which he has signed" Any suggestions?
Knowing how loosely the term "NRL Star" gets used its probably Christian Crichton regretting signing for the Dogs.

mxlegend99

Referee
Knowing how loosely the term "NRL Star" gets used its probably Christian Crichton regretting signing for the Dogs.
Nah he actually plays in the NRL. That's atleast a somewhat accurate description.

I hope its not referring to Peachey. I dont see us being able to keep Cleary if we kept him. It's a shame we have to work our roster around the hope he stays and we could potentially be sacrificing guys for nothing.

soc123_au

Staff member
Id love it if we could keep Peach along with everyone else we want to keep. He has impressed me so much this year. With a fat contract waiting at the Titans next year he could have easily cruised through the year. He has shown his measure as a player and a man for us this season.

mxlegend99

Referee
2019 NRL signings so far (from Zero Tackle).

Raiders
Ryan Sutton (Wigan Warriors)

Bulldogs
Jack Cogger (Knights)
Christian Crichton (Panthers)

Titans
Shannon Boyd (Raiders)
Tyrone Peachey (Panthers)

Knights
Tim Glasby (Storm)
Jesse Ramien (Sharks)

Eels
Junior Paulo (Raiders)

Roosters
Angus Crichton (Souths)

Tigers
Moses Mbye (Bulldogs)

Thats the list of likely possibilities. The worse the teams are performing the more likely players are to regret the move.

Which doesnt help much when most of those clubs are terrible and outside of the ridiculous pay there's not much upside to signing with them.

tripster

Juniors
Id love it if we could keep Peach along with everyone else we want to keep. He has impressed me so much this year. With a fat contract waiting at the Titans next year he could have easily cruised through the year. He has shown his measure as a player and a man for us this season.

100%. He is having his best season ever for us. The number of key plays he has come up for us at key times has been remarkable. He could have just switched off and not given a damn given he is leaving, but he has shown himself more focused than ever on the task. I just hope we win the premiership this year with him before he leaves.

100%. He is having his best season ever for us. The number of key plays he has come up for us at key times has been remarkable. He could have just switched off and not given a damn given he is leaving, but he has shown himself more focused than ever on the task. I just hope we win the premiership this year with him before he leaves.
Because at his age and where he is going this is probably his last year to win a comp.

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s highly unlikely to be Tyrone Peachey.

No doubt his preferred option would have been to stay with us but can’t knock back an extra $150K per season over three years. We simply have no funds available for him regardless.

Gould needs to get the Nathan Cleary deal sorted one way or the other. The longer it drags on the greater risk we may lose emerging talents we could otherwise retain.

OldPanther

Coach
It won't be Peachey. He's only starting due to injuries. He'll want a permanent starting spot along with $$$.

It’s highly unlikely to be Tyrone Peachey.

No doubt his preferred option would have been to stay with us but can’t knock back an extra $150K per season over three years. We simply have no funds available for him regardless.

Gould needs to get the Nathan Cleary deal sorted one way or the other. The longer it drags on the greater risk we may lose emerging talents we could otherwise retain.

Gus said he'll wait for Nathan to be ready to discuss it.

Kilkenny

Coach
It won't be Peachey. He's only starting due to injuries. He'll want a permanent starting spot along with $$$.

Gus said he'll wait for Nathan to be ready to discuss it.

That's all very well and good Old Panther but at the end of the day there are other players at our club other than Nathan Cleary.

Once November 2018 is upon us, in addition to Nathan Cleary we have RCG, Blake, JFH, Kikau, Hethrington, Egan, Katoa and Leota who will all be in a position to negotiate with other clubs.

The longer the Nathan Cleary contract situation drags on the greater the risk we could lose one or more of the abovementioned players.

If there is a chance Nathan may move on to the West Tigers, Brisbane Broncos or Sydney Roosters well from my perspective it would be better is that occurred tomorrow so Gould can get on with the business of locking up most if not all of the abovementioned players.

That's all very well and good Old Panther but at the end of the day there are other players at our club other than Nathan Cleary.

Once November 2018 is upon us, in addition to Nathan Cleary we have RCG, Blake, JFH, Kikau, Hethrington, Egan, Katoa and Leota who will all be in a position to negotiate with other clubs.

The longer the Nathan Cleary contract situation drags on the greater the risk we could lose one or more of the abovementioned players.

If there is a chance Nathan may move on to the West Tigers, Brisbane Broncos or Sydney Roosters well from my perspective it would be better is that occurred tomorrow so Gould can get on with the business of locking up most if not all of the abovementioned players.
Can't lose a 7 as talented as Nathan they are too hard to find. In our history we have only had 2 good halfbacks in Brandy and Gower

OldPanther

Coach

I agree with you but the spine is oh so important and as umina said:

Can't lose a 7 as talented as Nathan they are too hard to find. In our history we have only had 2 good halfbacks in Brandy and Gower

Nathan is probably our most important signing.

mxlegend99

Referee

I agree that we need to know as soon as possible

I think it's worth doing and paying whatever it takes to keep him. But if we lose him. The sooner we know the better.

We could be shedding players for no reason at the end of the day. I think based on his age, current skoll level, experience etc. He is easily the most valuable player in the game. A club would do anything to have had Cronk or Thurston the past decade. He will be as important to whatever team he is at for the next 10 years.

unKwn

Juniors
lol does Cleary really want to leave for either of the two clubs that played today? they both looked pretty bad.

Kilkenny

Coach
Here's my call.

The uncertainty around Nathan Cleary is unhealthy for our overall good going forward given we have so many critical players off contract in 2019.

If we retain Nathan Cleary it is going to cost us $1.3M minimum per season for four years and will also cost us at least three of the players off contract at the same time. Take your pick from Kikau, RCG, JFH, Egan, Katoa, Blake & Hethrington. They are the current top 30 contracted players but who knows how many other juniors may have to be sacrificed in the process.

It's just me, my personal opinion, but if you give me a choice I would rather keep all of the above & have faith in the likes of Luai, Blore and whoever else me emerge in the next year or two.

Nathan Cleary is not going to win us a premiership.

We have the nucleus of a really good team and I don't want to see that destroyed by undoing all the good work by putting all our eggs in the one basket with Nathan Cleary.

mxlegend99

Referee
Here's my call.

The uncertainty around Nathan Cleary is unhealthy for our overall good going forward given we have so many critical players off contract in 2019.

If we retain Nathan Cleary it is going to cost us $1.3M minimum per season for four years and will also cost us at least three of the players off contract at the same time. Take your pick from Kikau, RCG, JFH, Egan, Katoa, Blake & Hethrington. They are the current top 30 contracted players but who knows how many other juniors may have to be sacrificed in the process.

It's just me, my personal opinion, but if you give me a choice I would rather keep all of the above & have faith in the likes of Luai, Blore and whoever else me emerge in the next year or two.

Nathan Cleary is not going to win us a premiership.

We have the nucleus of a really good team and I don't want to see that destroyed by undoing all the good work by putting all our eggs in the one basket with Nathan Cleary.
No. Hes going to win us 5. Future immortal. You can lock it in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.