What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
I can't see buderus coming to parra. The knights would find room for him if he wanted a return to the NRL. It's got to be orford and to make room for him would mean we let go of either Inu or Mateo early. The most likely being Inu because he has been playing like crap and anderson is no longer a fan of him and has made it clear he will only play if there is injury or suspension to other players.

TheRam

Coach
This rumored Buderus signing maybe happening due to Joey Johns. Un-fu*kin real if it ever happens and he can stay fit and on the field. The whole dynamic of the team will change.

Watch someone like Mateo come into his own, not to mention Hayne.

The $64 000 question is how banged up is his body now, is it right enough to standup to week in week out NRL punishment?

But if it is possible to get him, we must, otherwise we are just making up the numbers and I believe our season is gone.

Gronk

Staff member
I can't see buderus coming to parra. The knights would find room for him if he wanted a return to the NRL. It's got to be orford and to make room for him would mean we let go of either Inu or Mateo early. The most likely being Inu because he has been playing like crap and anderson is no longer a fan of him and has made it clear he will only play if there is injury or suspension to other players.

Not going back to Knights ILP.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=6646002&postcount=1720

Eelementary

Post Whore
The other thing nobody has mentioned about Bedsy is the fact he is like Hindy mark II - Bedsy is a freaking inspirational player. He never stops, is always out there giving 100%...Having him AND Hindy out there would be great for morale IMO.

IF it happens.

Just quietly, now, the whispers I have heard about Tony Williams are starting to turn into lullabies.

pedge

Juniors
The other thing nobody has mentioned about Bedsy is the fact he is like Hindy mark II - Bedsy is a freaking inspirational player. He never stops, is always out there giving 100%...Having him AND Hindy out there would be great for morale IMO.

IF it happens.

Just quietly, now, the whispers I have heard about Tony Williams are starting to turn into lullabies.

t-rex would be a good singing IMO
grothe, as great as he is, is starting to get on
and t-rex has started to find his feet out on the right wing and will only get better…with a good defensive centre inside of him (reddy, like lyon now) I think he will be fine…will probably also cost less then what grothe is on…was reported he went to manly on roughly $150k I believe….also, I think he may have less handling errors in his game, although he really needs to learn to put the foot down when bringing the ball back

Eelementary

Post Whore
and t-rex has started to find his feet out on the right wing and will only get better…with a good defensive centre inside of him (reddy, like lyon now) I think he will be fine…will probably also cost less then what grothe is on…was reported he went to manly on roughly $150k I believe….also, I think he may have less handling errors in his game, although he really needs to learn to put the foot down when bringing the ball back

Very true. But he's being looked at as a back-rower...

And I'd have to be honest. Lose Mateo, gain Williams...I'd be happy with that tbh.

84 Baby

Referee
Very true. But he's being looked at as a back-rower...

And I'd have to be honest. Lose Mateo, gain Williams...I'd be happy with that tbh.
Only if Hasler has kicked Tony's issue which saw him languishing in our reserves for as long as he did

eel01s

Bench
Tony Williams has shown bugger-all at Manly to warrant Parra picking him up again. Surely there are better options available?

Yes he is big, but he is also lazy and slow. Would he make our top 17 at the moment? I think not.

Stagger eel

Staff member
unlike Eele, I'm definitely not privy to the T-Rex information but having thought about it, it does make sense.

Manly want to free up some money and for a winger he's taking up a fair chunk of the cap, he was recently caught DUI in Smithfield where he was apparently living and I think has now had to board up with someone close to Manly to get to training, we need wide running backrowers and he potentially fits the bill and is still friends with several players at our club.

seems like a marriage made in heavon if it comes off.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Considering the form of Farrar, Whare, Stewart to come back to fullback, William Hoopate waiting in NYC, they certainly have the backline covered so T-Rex wouldnt be a huge loss for them.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Only if Hasler has kicked Tony's issue which saw him languishing in our reserves for as long as he did

That could be a factor, but from what I have been told it kind of went like this:

* Tony was lazy at Parra and thought he'd make Grade just on size and natural ability
* He got let go to Manly (well, not really, but you know what I mean) and he suddenly realised it wouldn't be a foregone conclusion to play Grade - especially for Parra, which is what he wanted
* He started to put in and get better and better, started to enjoy playing at Manly and there were some "problems" developing
* We came asking around about him and were reportedly told that although he is still under contract something could be worked out

Now I put it here because at this stage it is still a rumour. I have been led to believe it is a chance of happening, but like everything else it's never done until it's done.

parra pete

Referee

Is he a better singer than footballer though?

84 Baby

Referee
That could be a factor, but from what I have been told it kind of went like this:

* Tony was lazy at Parra and thought he'd make Grade just on size and natural ability
* He got let go to Manly (well, not really, but you know what I mean) and he suddenly realised it wouldn't be a foregone conclusion to play Grade - especially for Parra, which is what he wanted
* He started to put in and get better and better, started to enjoy playing at Manly and there were some "problems" developing
* We came asking around about him and were reportedly told that although he is still under contract something could be worked out

Now I put it here because at this stage it is still a rumour. I have been led to believe it is a chance of happening, but like everything else it's never done until it's done.
Sounds good. My issue with him being lazy was if we see him as a backrower. Can't be lazy if you're playing there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts