What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He might be willing to come back on the cheap, making him a low risk option. He has plenty of good qualities, including strength, aggression and ability under the high ball.

Plus Hayne might've vouched for him.

emjaycee

Coach
Somehow with the faith BA has shown and been rewarded with from our juniors when promoted, I dont see us chasing INU unless we have a lack of depth for outside backs in Wenty and NYC. If he was to chase some more experience then there are probably better options than INU out there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hypothetically, what if signing Inu (let's day, for two years) helped to keep Jarryd Hayne, because he wants to play alongside his best mate again?

Like Pou said, it's a low risk move - if he's on, he's devastating, and if he sucks, he's cheap.

But the psychological effect it might have on Hayne would be invaluable IMO.

phantom eel

First Grade
Yeah, could be the Hayne influence at play.

Surely he's professional enough now to be striving to be at the top of his game regardless, whether or not he gets to play with his old mates... what's next, chasing Mateo too?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah, could be the Hayne influence at play.

Surely he's professional enough now to be striving to be at the top of his game regardless, whether or not he gets to play with his old mates... what's next, chasing Mateo too?

It was a hypothetical, and I'm sure if we do miss out on Inu, Hayne will still give 100% for us.

But if Tonga goes to ESL, we could do a lot worse than replacing him with Inu - especially because it would undoubtedly make Jarryd really happy to play in the same side as his best mate again.

And really, I trust Arthur - a fit and focussed Inu is a wonderful player.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And IMO if signing Inu keeps Hayne at the Eels, I'm all for it. Jarryd is already loyal, but a sweetener couldn't hurt.

phantom eel

First Grade
Yeah, at his best Inu is great... trouble is he has history (over three clubs now) of being a very up and down player. We've been trying to get rid of all our rocks and diamonds guys.

I'd take Inu on minimum NRL wage (is that $75K now?) or into a second tier contract for depth at best. He shouldn't be looked at as a first choice first grader, give some of our juniors a chance at it. Semi and Toutai have re-signed, then some of the kids can come through next? Goodall, Folau...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah, at his best Inu is great... trouble is he has history (over three clubs now) of being a very up and down player. We've been trying to get rid of all our rocks and diamonds guys.

I'd take Inu on minimum NRL wage (is that $75K now?) or into a second tier contract for depth at best. He shouldn't be looked at as a first choice first grader, give some of our juniors a chance at it. Semi and Toutai have re-signed, then some of the kids can come through next?

I agree. He's a risk.

But at a small price, he's a minimal risk.

And perhaps being back at Parramatta (which he never wanted to leave), playing with his mates, and on his last chance, it might make him focus. Who knows?

I'm in two minds about Inu's potential signing, but if it does eventuate, I know Jarryd will be stoked, and if that makes it easier to retain Hayne (and perhaps even at a reduced price), then it's a shrewd move IMO.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If Tonga/sio goes our backline will lack experience, no matter how good your juniors are, experience is very important. And if Inu was fairly cheap then I can't see it being a risk at all.

We now have a pretty decent squad, but to keep the majority of it together for a few years we need to do what manly/storm are so good at, getting experienced but no longer loved players on the cheap.

Arthur may be good enough to get the best out of his players like Bellamy has, just look a gower. He looks like a stained nrl player, yet before us he has been to several clubs with minimal games

Last edited:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
It's funny Inu and Sio are absolute polar opposites. Inu has all the talent in the world but is the epitome of a 'rocks and diamonds' player, he makes the hard things look easy and the easy things look difficult.

Sio isn't blessed with an abundance of talent, but he busts his a** every game and always does the little things well, catches bombs, runs hard and finishes well. For mine he has now become a really strong NRL level winger, probably doesn't have enough evasiveness to play fullback though we know you could put him there and he wouldn't let you down.

I'd take Sio everyday of the week now, though I'm sure there are plenty of other NRL clubs who have taken notice of his form

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It's funny Inu and Sio are absolute polar opposites. Inu has all the talent in the world but is the epitome of a 'rocks and diamonds' player, he makes the hard things look easy and the easy things look difficult.

Sio isn't blessed with an abundance of talent, but he busts his a** every game and always does the little things well, catches bombs, runs hard and finishes well. For mine he has now become a really strong NRL level winger, probably doesn't have enough evasiveness to play fullback though we know you could put him there and he wouldn't let you down.

I'd take Sio everyday of the week now, though I'm sure there are plenty of other NRL clubs who have taken notice of his form

Yes but it could come down to price, what if the dogs are offering Sio $250k and Inu can be picked up for around $110k. Also Inu can play centre.

If we lose Tonga then who do we have to replace him? Morgs is OK but no superstar and Loko could break down again after 5 minutes. Anyone else is even less experienced than those two, which is saying something.

So, picking Inu up on the cheap and having an experienced three-quarter thrown into the mix wouldn't exactly hurt us. If he has his heart set on coming back to Parra then we can probably get him a little cheaper than any other club, too.

So, while I won't be advocating his return, if he does come as a cheapie then there's not too much to complain about.

strider

Post Whore
the thing with INU is that he actually does the things you worry about a less experienced player doing - lol .... the reason you are reluctant to use inexperienced players is cos they are less likely to have learnt good immediate reactions .... unfortunately INU still makes alot of rookie style mistakes cos his mind seems to wander

and yes his name should be in capitals ... INU!!

Bigfella

Coach
And he could fill in every position in the backline other than 7 in a jam.

Mad long as it was on a fill in player's salary of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts