What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
This is my favourite thread on the forum.

When the Raiders boys play in Sydney they like to mingle at Hotel Harrys in Surry Hills.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
When I was a kid we'd get little bags of Wiz Fiz at birthday parties.

You're in fantasy land if you don't think professional sports people aren't going through $300 bags of sherbet at parties and big game celebrations.
Why would they?

I think you have an overly inflated view of the current recreational drug culture in this country.

5 years ago, I’d agree, currently, my guess would be that most don’t, for varying reasons.

murraymob

Coach
You can’t just be given a boat by an organisation, particularly those that are public companies (are there many of those left?) or by memberships. The authorities might not worry about a salary cap, but they aren’t going to ignore others laws put in place to facilitate clubs breaking salary cap compliance.
The player get given cars by company’s .Melbourne player was given a boat would never have been found out if not for getting caught getting lent the boat is the difference the player never owns the boat

soc123_au

Staff member
Why would they?

I think you have an overly inflated view of the current recreational drug culture in this country.

5 years ago, I’d agree, currently, my guess would be that most don’t, for varying reasons.
Same reason anyone does it.

I'm well out of the age bracket for that kind of shit now, but back in the late 80's early 90's I used to party regularly with the players and it was an eye opener. Young dudes will be young dudes, especially when access to the fun stuff is so easy, they are just a bit smarter about it now. Like anything some would, some wouldn't, but to think it doesn't happen is next level ostrich stuff.

Iamback

Coach
Same reason anyone does it.

I'm well out of the age bracket for that kind of shit now, but back in the late 80's early 90's I used to party regularly with the players and it was an eye opener. Young dudes will be young dudes, especially when access to the fun stuff is so easy, they are just a bit smarter about it now. Like anything some would, some wouldn't, but to think it doesn't happen is next level ostrich stuff.

Tradies too. Anyone with cash in the 20-30 age brackets will get on it at any chance

Iamback

Coach
Tradies are a different kettle of fish.

A few things have changed in the last 3 or 4 years. An NRL player would be a complete moron to do it now. Very high chance of them being caught. They all know it.

X player has a party for those in the inner circle.

No phones are allowed.

Who finds out?

More and more players are doing such things, more so to keep dickheads away from harrassing them in pubs.

As for getting caught

Naden was done in 2020 GF
Munster, Brandon Smith
Reece Walsh.

Then of course remember Ponga and Mann caught in a cubicle. Why do you think they were in there?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
X player has a party for those in the inner circle.

No phones are allowed.

Who finds out?

More and more players are doing such things, more so to keep dickheads away from harrassing them in pubs.

As for getting caught

Naden was done in 2020 GF
Munster, Brandon Smith
Reece Walsh.

Then of course remember Ponga and Mann caught in a cubicle. Why do you think they were in there?
Nah nah nah it's impossible that I've done a few lines with some players lol. f**k me people fantasy land

Munky

Coach
Players even get a free positive test before they get a punishment.