What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Girds89

Bench
Everyone concerned about lenui not kixking on haha.

What is he? 21 or 22?

People need to realise payne haas is a freak and a one off..

Most props really dont kick on until their mid to late 20s.

Can anyone name another prop over the last 10 or 20 years that has come in like haas and basically killed it and been a freak from the get go?

For 99% of front rowers it takes time.

Spencer is a very good footy player.. he just needs to build his engine up and learn to understand the importance of marker and ruck defence at an nrl.

I think him playing 60 to 70mins a week in cup is really smart.

Lindsay smith is a different kind of player to spencer in that i dont see him struggling fitness wise. But the club has slowed his development as he has needed to build up his body and strength against the big boys. And he still has some filling out to do as well.

Props always take time. You generally get them in two categories. Spencers being the islanders who have the genetic size and power but need to build fitness over a fair period of time...
Or the lindsay smith type who have ability but need to build up there body and strength to the riggers of weekly nrl.

Everyone and all this talk of letting spencer go and why hasnt he kicked on lol... hes 21. Like cmon.

Do people remember tamou at 21....
Papali at 21?
Leota at 21
Fish at 21?

The modern game is harder than ever for props..theres less stoppages and it is faster than ever.

Lets judge spencer in another 3 or 4 years.hes never going to be a jfh that can play 65 or 70mins and get through a mountain of work. But he can be a josh papali or junior paulo and provide great impact but still solid defence.

Right now he has the impact bit down but hes fitness massivley lets down his defence and he doesnt look for work because he is fatigued.

Time people.

Smug Panther

First Grade

What is he? 21 or 22?

Can anyone name another prop over the last 10 or 20 years that has come in like haas and basically killed it and been a freak from the get go?

Spencer is a very good footy player.. he just needs to build his engine up and learn to understand the importance of marker and ruck defence at an nrl.

Lindsay smith is a different kind of player to spencer in that i dont see him struggling fitness wise. But the club has slowed his development as he has needed to build up his body and strength against the big boys. And he still has some filling out to do as well.

Props always take time. You generally get them in two categories. Spencers being the islanders who have the genetic size and power but need to build fitness over a fair period of time...
Or the lindsay smith type who have ability but need to build up there body and strength to the riggers of weekly nrl.

Everyone and all this talk of letting spencer go and why hasnt he kicked on lol... hes 21. Like cmon.

Papali at 21?
Leota at 21
Fish at 21?

The modern game is harder than ever for props..theres less stoppages and it is faster than ever.

Lets judge spencer in another 3 or 4 years.hes never going to be a jfh that can play 65 or 70mins and get through a mountain of work. But he can be a josh papali or junior paulo and provide great impact but still solid defence.

Right now he has the impact bit down but hes fitness massivley lets down his defence and he doesnt look for work because he is fatigued.

Time people.
Mark O'Meley was probably the last before Haas.
I know Spencer will kick on, I just don't agree with how he's been used so far

Kilkenny

Coach

What is he? 21 or 22?

Papali at 21?
Leota at 21
Fish at 21?

Time people.
I don’t think anyone doubts Spencer’s abilities I think the debate is around his development and in that respect I’m not sure our coaching staff are getting the best out of him.

Latest posts