What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Smug Panther

First Grade
Did most say that though? Or just the few hardcore Burton fans.

They are different style of players, but that doesn’t mean that Burton is a better six than Luai.

I feel the last 3 seasons have shown the club made the right call in which of them would make a better halves parter with Nathan.
The "better partner" myth is very silly and needs to die. Luai is still a very good player and we'll do well with the combo moving forward but he won't be remembered as half the player Burton is when the careers end

Agree if the players were not good enough to hold down their own positions. But all three I mentioned are current SOS players.

Crichton cops a lot of negative comments on here, but I just don’t get why. Sure, he is not yet up to Manu level yet, but he is six years younger than him.

Crichton is a good player, he’s just not worth big money. It’s not that I want to see him go, it’s just that I don’t want to overpay and I want to prioritise a more important position.

The "better partner" myth is very silly and needs to die. Luai is still a very good player and we'll do well with the combo moving forward but he won't be remembered as half the player Burton is when the careers end

If Burton is the player you say he’ll be we wouldn’t have been able to keep him much longer anyway. Clubs will pay silly money for dominant halves, you wont see two of them on the same team.

age.s

First Grade
I dont know about that. Playing in a godly team can do a whole lot for how you're remembered.

Iamback

Coach
Agree if the players were not good enough to hold down their own positions. But all three I mentioned are current SOS players.

Crichton cops a lot of negative comments on here, but I just don’t get why. Sure, he is not yet up to Manu level yet, but he is six years younger than him.

Yeah I don't get the hate, numbers wise he is the clear number 2, In some areas he is better than him even.

Iamback

Coach
Did most say that though? Or just the few hardcore Burton fans.

They are different style of players, but that doesn’t mean that Burton is a better six than Luai.

I feel the last 3 seasons have shown the club made the right call in which of them would make a better halves parter with Nathan.

If Burton isn't number 1 kicker, Then his impact is far down on Luai

Crashtest

Juniors
How is it a myth? The cold hard facts to prove it is the last three seasons.

Crashtest

Juniors
Yeah I don't get the hate, numbers wise he is the clear number 2, In some areas he is better than him even.
Agree with you there.

I know stats aren’t everything, but I just compared their stats for this season.

Manu in 23 games has 11 tries, 12 try assists, averages 140 Metres per game and tackling at 84%.

Crichton in 20 games has 12 tries, 7 try assists, averages 139 metres a game, tackling at 85%. Plus is goal kicking at 82% as back up goal kicker.

betcats

Referee
People talking about Robson aren’t looking at this properly. Peachey doesn’t effect 2024 at all he will be off contract. If they decide to chase a hooker for 2024 peachey or staines on the books next year doesn’t make a difference, the only thing that could make a difference for 2024 is saving money by moving on staines next year and then front loading someone else’s contract to free up a bit of space in 2024.

As far as swapping staines for a hooker, be realistic, it’s not going to happen, not for any hooker that would make a difference.

betcats

Referee
At this stage I haven’t even seen a rumour of us going after any hooker so it seems it’s not going to happen anytime soon. Whether you agree with it or not you have you have to admit the talk about signing a hooker seems a bit played out for now. It will be Kenny and Luke next year, it’s possible they start chasing a hooker after November but seems pretty unlikely right now.

Munky

Coach
Cowboys have extended Drinkwater.

Given the Chad is on good money and Deardon is now an Origin player who'll want a big deal next contract.

Maybe Robson goes to market if the Cowboys don't want too much cap in the spine.

Let Crichton go, Jenkins will be ready to step up, use Crichton money to bring in Ben Hunt for 2 years at hooker and he can finish with a couple premierships as part of the best spine in the game. How’s that for a hooker option?

Murraymob1

Juniors
Hu
Let Crichton go, Jenkins will be ready to step up, use Crichton money to bring in Ben Hunt for 2 years at hooker and he can finish with a couple premierships as part of the best spine in the game. How’s that for a hooker option?
hunt will get 1 million a season we can’t match that .

Latest posts