What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

GowersDallyM

Juniors
How much was Tedesco tonight.. he is the most overrated player in the game!
He stat pads! He will run the ball looking to palm and run in circles! He has absolutely no ability to truck it up like Edwards does and the last season and those season he can't pass for shat.

I'd pick Edwards as origin fullback over Tedesco any day of the week.
How trash was Tedesco tonight*

martielang

Bench
Overs. JFH I don't feel worth that coin. Great defender but his hit ups are not put of this world. Either is his ball playing or offloads.

$850k is for sure overs if that’s the case, especially the way we play, but I wouldn’t think we’d be paying him that.

Hard to argue with anything else you’ve said. Leota has been far more damaging with ball the last 12 months.

Overs. JFH I don't feel worth that coin. Great defender but his hit ups are not put of this world. Either is his ball playing or offloads.
I feel the same way Hindy. Love Fish, but such a big, long contract for a prop strikes me as the contract (along with To’o’s) we are most likely to regret.

Original Name

Juniors
Cole will be in Critters spot.

Getting all the May brothers away from the club can only benefit us
If you really believe and want this to happen I wouldn't get your hopes up. They re-signed May for awhile for a reason.

Cole is a tough kid but he isn't a freak like May.

To a degree this is fair but Fish supports more than any other prop in the comp. While the height of his contact in defence isn't as big Leota's biggest hits or runs he's more consitently physical in defence and attack.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
$850k is for sure overs if that’s the case, especially the way we play, but I wouldn’t think we’d be paying him that.

Hard to argue with anything else you’ve said. Leota has been far more damaging with ball the last 12 months.

No way are we paying him that.
Also he is getting $700k from a $12.5m cap by the time his deal finishes. Not a crazy deal over all

maple_69

Bench
If you really believe and want this to happen I wouldn't get your hopes up. They re-signed May for awhile for a reason.

Cole is a tough kid but he isn't a freak like May.
When was the last time Penrith prioritised ‘freak’ over tough and smart? From the kids that we let walk (Katoa over Cole) through to the superstars (Critta/Kikau/Leniu over To’o/Martin/Fish) we prioritise attitude, work ethic and game smarts over raw athletic ability pretty much every time.

Exsilium

Coach
In the NRL era, winning teams have been decimated by departures and poaching. Our system allows us to continually build and have the "Next one up" mentality toward recruitment. It's a powerful tool and ensures our long term success.

The days of Penrith paying 'overs' looks to be mostly finished and that's a good thing.

Exsilium

Coach
When was the last time Penrith prioritised ‘freak’ over tough and smart? From the kids that we let walk (Katoa over Cole) through to the superstars (Critta/Kikau/Leniu over To’o/Martin/Fish) we prioritise attitude, work ethic and game smarts over raw athletic ability pretty much every time.

I feel like we will see a lot of former players come back to the club when the opportunity arises.

If we continue to be successful, former players will want back in and that will likely be in our favour when considering salary and requirements of the club.

I feel like we will see a lot of former players come back to the club when the opportunity arises.

If we continue to be successful, former players will want back in and that will likely be in our favour when considering salary and requirements of the club.
Like who? I love your avatar by the way

Exsilium

Coach
Like who? I love your avatar by the way

I feel players like Burton, Hopgood, DWZ and even Api may return in the latter years of their career.

Katoa likely could return if Luai is let go.

Maybe not an immediate thing but if we continue to be successful as a club, players we lose may come back to fill those depth and leadership roles. We may end up one of those clubs where we get player wanting to be in our system, rather than us looking to the market.

Just a thought I had.

Hooked

Juniors
I feel players like Burton, Hopgood, DWZ and even Api may return in the latter years of their career.

Katoa likely could return if Luai is let go.

Maybe not an immediate thing but if we continue to be successful as a club, players we lose may come back to fill those depth and leadership roles. We may end up one of those clubs where we get player wanting to be in our system, rather than us looking to the market.

Just a thought I had.

No way DWZ is returning under Ivan.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Abit random but how the fk does Fitzgibbon hit cleary that late (abit high aswell) after the fg attempt on 1. Stays on the field and 2. Doesn't give away a penalty right in front to give panthers a 2 point shot to win the game. All year players have been binned for any late hits on a passer? It was that late and he raised his arm like a clothes line from hell ? Nrl is so fkn inconsistent

Original Name

Juniors
May isn't tough? May comes off the back fence harder than any of our back 5 players. He's just both a freak and tough as.

And Katoa cleary works hard. You can see it in the way he plays on the field. You don't play to a decent level consitently as a teen in the NRL by not working hard. The same was clear for Cleary when he was a kid. Our CEO threw a fit over Katoa being poached. We didn't exactly choose between halves only to keep our chosen half playing centre in reserve grade. That would be strange.

Last edited:

Latest posts