What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

That might be the weirdest era in our clubs strange history. Dugan, Johnson, Woods etc big names on big money who where all signed for no real reason or fit but as a nice to have/"had cap room*". We weren't linked with Dugan but it happened quickly after Bird signed to the Broncos. We weren't linked to SJ but that happened when Val didn't turn up for pre season and Woods we were never linked with and picked up randomly mid season. Value for money the worst deals we have ever done. Plus throw in Moylan in the same period who needed to grow up. Wow

*We didn't have cap room.

And the weirdest part is that all 3 were very clearly not ‘Sharks DNA’ type players. Certainly under Flanno we were a roll your sleeves up, make the game rough, messy and a battle, drag teams into our way of playing, a game of attrition, and then beat them with experience. Fight and scrap for every bit of loose change…..
Woods and Johnson are a million miles away from that type of player. Dugan kind of has it in him, but is far too weak mentally to do it consistently - he’s a ‘throw in the towel’ type.
And yet these players were all brought to the club, and signed by Flanno.
This was when he had full autonomy.
Putting the team together before 2016 had Mooney’s influence, the same as it has now.
There is no coincidence about this.

I don't know where Sifas best position is, but it has to be great strategic and psychological weapon against opposition to not know where he will play!

Special K

Coach
That because I'm an Everywhere Man!!!!
😝😝😝😝😝😝
The viral shire man. I’ll stalk the island and find ya so we can set up beers for next season. Can’t use DMs here even with ad blockers turned off months ago!

also for those unsure on Sifa - he has been super close for months now from some good sources. If the club and player wanna do the deal it’s pretty straight forward. Same people saying that are the ones who give the good oil.

I believe katoa is the one they are struggling to agree value on currently. No idea about WK

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The viral shire man. I’ll stalk the island and find ya so we can set up beers for next season. Can’t use DMs here even with ad blockers turned off months ago!

also for those unsure on Sifa - he has been super close for months now from some good sources. If the club and player wanna do the deal it’s pretty straight forward. Same people saying that are the ones who give the good oil.

I believe katoa is the one they are struggling to agree value on currently. No idea about WK
The two I wouldn’t be devastated about leaving, that’s a good outcome. I don’t see any clubs knocking out doors down for them. WK is at a turning point I reckon.

Tiger Shark

Bench
The two I wouldn’t be devastated about leaving, that’s a good outcome. I don’t see any clubs knocking out doors down for them. WK is at a turning point I reckon.
Yeah I like Katoa but you don’t break the bank for him.
WK the same , I actually wouldn’t be offering any deal till I had a better opinion on Dykes

R-15-3

Bench
Can’t see us spending decent money on both wings, typically you spend on 1 wing then a rookies, fringe and veterans on the other with depth.
Especially with Stonestreet coming through and should be ready in 2024.

WillyK I’m happy to lose as I don’t see him improving much more than what he offers.

Noodles should stay as our premier Center with Iro next drop or if impossible to leave out Sifa can move back into the forwards.

Inferno

Coach
I suppose the question is can we get by with a 500K fullback or do we need an 800K one to go to the next level?

WK at 400-500K is a bargain he regularly plays above that value. But with a player like that, they might help get you to the prelim or grand final but probably won't win you it.

It may be that fits in perfectly with our cap with more money spent on the rest of the spine. Whoever replaces Moyza in 2 years will probably be on more coin and Hynes will be in for a significant upgrade.

It's an interest position the club is in.

Who are the other fullbacks people would like us to see chasing or developing?

Latest posts