What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez

Coach
marshall stalin said:
pritchard - uk super league
priddis - st george - illawarra
wesser - uk super league
rooney - parramatta

is anyone who played for penrith his year going to be there next year :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
why?

Wouldn't mind Wesser leaving tbh...i'd rather Sammut.

Don't care that much about Rooney leaving...

Got better younger players waiting in the wings.

Priddis rumour is only cause Woolford is talking about retiring..that's all.

And Pritchard wont be going anywhere.

Spike

First Grade
According to some there are rumours that Priddis will go to Canberra to swap with Dobson. It would appear wishful thinking on Elliott's behalf though

D

Deleted member 10972

If its for cheap, us Roosters wouldn't mind Rooney. He'd add a bit of stability to our backline at least.

Bench
Spike said:
Joe Williams to Penrith if he can get out of his contract with French club Toulouse
Joe and Ritchie Williams in the halves,a few tries there,if true good signing,we needed him more than Penrith though.

Fibroman

First Grade
marshall stalin said:
pritchard - uk super league
priddis - st george - illawarra
wesser - uk super league
rooney - parramatta

Pritchard is going nowhere, and neigther is Priddis.

Wesser and Rooney are different prospects. Wesser may be heading off and I don't think Rooney will be able to get a place in the first grade side next year, so may well look to go elsewhere.

Pumba

First Grade
Joey Williams > Panthers still only a rumour however.

Revitalised Souths halfback Joe Williams might enter his first finals series with his NRL future secured, after Penrith officials yesterday made major strides towards securing his signature.

Penrith general manager Michael Leary yesterday held talks with Williams's manager, Wayne Beavis, and said he hoped a deal could be done within days.

While Williams is unlikely to make a decision before the Rabbitohs' final-round game against the Sydney Roosters, he may sign with Penrith shortly afterwards.

The 23-year-old had agreed to play with French club Toulouse next season but can escape the deal should he secure a contract with another NRL club.

Williams signed a one-year deal with second-tier Toulouse while he was languishing in premier league with North Sydney but he desperately wants to stay in Australia.

"As far as I know, I'm still going [to France]," Williams said last night. "I'm just worried about this weekend at the moment, but obviously I'd love to stay in the NRL."

Even though Williams would be free to return to the NRL when his contact with Toulouse expires midway through next season, Leary said he would want Williams for the full season. "If we do a deal, he'll be here starting pre-season training in November," he said.

Leary admitted the club would have to "scringe and scrounge" to find enough money under the salary cap to sign Williams, after spending a significant amount on Brisbane prop Petero Civoniceva and upgrading the contracts of several exciting youngsters.

"It'll basically come down to whether we've got enough for him to accept," Leary said. "[Halfback is] a position we're short on with the departure of Gowie [Craig Gower]. He'd be a great addition for us."

Williams was recalled to first grade by Rabbitohs coach Jason Taylor for the round-22 match against the Dragons, and the side has since won three straight and is on the brink of the finals.

Beavis was cautious when discussing a potential deal with the Panthers. "He's got a deal in France, so we've got to be fair to them," he said. "I'm not about to rattle any cages until such time as we've got some evidence of what they are offering."

There is no doubt the Panthers are keen, however. With Gower and Peter Wallace leaving the club, coach Matt Elliott has said he would be prepared to bank on the largely untried Maurice Blair, Richie Williams or their signing from Canberra, Josh McCrone, at halfback.

"We don't have an established half, so if there was an opportunity there, we'd be interested," Elliott said. "But it's a matter of what we can afford, which hopefully is attractive to him.

Revitalised Souths halfback Joe Williams might enter his first finals series with his NRL future secured, after Penrith officials yesterday made major strides towards securing his signature.

Penrith general manager Michael Leary yesterday held talks with Williams's manager, Wayne Beavis, and said he hoped a deal could be done within days.

While Williams is unlikely to make a decision before the Rabbitohs' final-round game against the Sydney Roosters, he may sign with Penrith shortly afterwards.

The 23-year-old had agreed to play with French club Toulouse next season but can escape the deal should he secure a contract with another NRL club.

Williams signed a one-year deal with second-tier Toulouse while he was languishing in premier league with North Sydney but he desperately wants to stay in Australia.

"As far as I know, I'm still going [to France]," Williams said last night. "I'm just worried about this weekend at the moment, but obviously I'd love to stay in the NRL."

Even though Williams would be free to return to the NRL when his contact with Toulouse expires midway through next season, Leary said he would want Williams for the full season. "If we do a deal, he'll be here starting pre-season training in November," he said.

Leary admitted the club would have to "scringe and scrounge" to find enough money under the salary cap to sign Williams, after spending a significant amount on Brisbane prop Petero Civoniceva and upgrading the contracts of several exciting youngsters.

"It'll basically come down to whether we've got enough for him to accept," Leary said. "[Halfback is] a position we're short on with the departure of Gowie [Craig Gower]. He'd be a great addition for us."

Williams was recalled to first grade by Rabbitohs coach Jason Taylor for the round-22 match against the Dragons, and the side has since won three straight and is on the brink of the finals.

Beavis was cautious when discussing a potential deal with the Panthers. "He's got a deal in France, so we've got to be fair to them," he said. "I'm not about to rattle any cages until such time as we've got some evidence of what they are offering."

There is no doubt the Panthers are keen, however. With Gower and Peter Wallace leaving the club, coach Matt Elliott has said he would be prepared to bank on the largely untried Maurice Blair, Richie Williams or their signing from Canberra, Josh McCrone, at halfback.

"We don't have an established half, so if there was an opportunity there, we'd be interested," Elliott said. "But it's a matter of what we can afford, which hopefully is attractive to him.

"We're down to the back end of what we've got available. If it's top-tier money, it would be the bottom of that, or the top of the second-tier stuff."

While Williams may not be Europe-bound next season, two more players yesterday joined the northern exodus. Gold Coast's New Zealand centre Jake Webster will take up a three-year deal with Hull KR, and Warriors hooker George Gatis will link with Huddersfield on a two-year deal.

Source: LeagueHQ

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Spike said:
Clint Newton is likely to go to Hull KR next year. Harlequins are also a chance

sheez if newton sign with Hull KR - then that both Ben Galea and Daniel Fitzhenry who have missed the bus.

They do no Hull KR are cellar dwellers - well at least Newton will be getting paid well to come last as opposed to his situation at newcastle.

Mong Chariot

Juniors
mean_maori_mean said:
sheez if newton sign with Hull KR - then that both Ben Galea and Daniel Fitzhenry who have missed the bus.

They do no Hull KR are cellar dwellers - well at least Newton will be getting paid well to come last as opposed to his situation at newcastle.

Ben Galea and Daniel Fitzhenry are done deals at Hull. Both won't be part of the clubs quota either due to there heritage.

Bench
Mong Chariot said:
Ben Galea and Daniel Fitzhenry are done deals at Hull. Both won't be part of the clubs quota either due to there heritage.
Mate I keep hearing it,but no one will confirm it,we just can't seem to get rid of Fitzy.

macavity

Referee
mean_maori_mean said:

:lol:

that dog was one of our highest paid players.

D

Deleted member 10972

NRL Deluxe - Freddy Fittler said Albert Hopoate has returned to the Roosters after a 3 year Mormon stint. I wonder if he will be half the player he was before he left.

Can anyone tell me if Frizzo was a good player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts