What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few rumours around the place about Yileen Gordon. Sacked from the Bunnies and even sacked from the Bears at one point. Since coming back from that he's been carving it up for the Bears in the second row but I keep hearing that he has done his dash at South's. There are whispers about him spending the rest of the year with the Jets but I have also heard other rumours about him patching things up and promising to be a bit more committed from here on in. The way the Rabbits are going, I can't see him playing in the centres there again and we have a few good back rowers floating around the place as well. I guess its up to the club as to whether they throw him another life line or cut him loose. He has a stack of potential but loves a drink and doesn't like training.

theicemandanno

Juniors
There are a few rumours around the place about Yileen Gordon. Sacked from the Bunnies and even sacked from the Bears at one point. Since coming back from that he's been carving it up for the Bears in the second row but I keep hearing that he has done his dash at South's. There are whispers about him spending the rest of the year with the Jets but I have also heard other rumours about him patching things up and promising to be a bit more committed from here on in. The way the Rabbits are going, I can't see him playing in the centres there again and we have a few good back rowers floating around the place as well. I guess its up to the club as to whether they throw him another life line or cut him loose. He has a stack of potential but loves a drink and doesn't like training.

Yileen Gordon ------> Parra

Raaaaaaaay will rework the song 'Flash' by Queen to 'Yileen..........aaaaaah,,,saviour of the Emperor....." and then, when his form slumps, will rework the Buddy Holly classic "That'll be the day" to "For over 7 weeks, youve scored no more tries soo that'll be the daaaaay, you resign"

All the while, Raaaaaaaaay will toss off to the Fui Fui song.

"promising to be a bit more committed from here on in"

[-X

Why shame on me?

He is not pulling his weight at training and this is the major road block for him progressing atm. He was dropped from the Bears for failure to attend a training session.

The rumour is that if he hasn't already been sent packing, he is on his last warning. What I have been told about him is that he does 95% of what is expected but that last 5% is what lets him down.

Why shame on me?

He is not pulling his weight at training and this is the major road block for him progressing atm. He was dropped from the Bears for failure to attend a training session.

The rumour is that if he hasn't already been sent packing, he is on his last warning. What I have been told about him is that he does 95% of what is expected but that last 5% is what lets him down.

Not shame on you. Shame on him. for those very reasons you state. Thats why i bolded the "a bit more commitment" part.

Fair enough!

The bloke has potential plus but you can only say that for a couple of years and he is at the couple of years point. 2008 was his year to finally put up and he hasn't so he can p!ss off for all I care.

I can't understand some of these blokes. Perhaps they should be given a desk job for a year or two just to realise how lucky they are to play footy for a living.

Train and play footy with your mates 4 days a week - or - get strapped to a desk for 5 days a week.

I bet he'd never miss training again!

willvillain

Juniors

Considering the best NRL players, the ones driven to succeed, tend to do 25% MORE than what is expected of them....well, really there is no place in any club for a bloke not willing to do the bare bloody minimum.

dogz08

First Grade
i fought the bulldogs were after Antonio Kaufusi but he took are paycut to stay at the storm? i think it was him and Geoff Lima

If South Sydney cant keep or at least make the right decision to keep a player like Huihahau they might as well not be in the competition :?

I'm sure they want to keep him but where does he fit in? Our probable backline next year=

1. Capewell
2. Merritt
3. Champion
4. Best
5. Talanoa

and then you have Simpson, Hegarty, Gordon (if he re-signs) who have all played first grade. He is too old for NYC next year and can't play fullback. I would rate all the guys in the backline above as better than him and probably Simpson as well. He is better than Heg's but Hegarty still has a year to run. Sam will be a gun next year and the Dogs need a winger. There are a few with more runs than him on the board at South's.

Wicks

Juniors
I'm sure they want to keep him but where does he fit in? Our probable backline next year=

1. Capewell
2. Merritt
3. Champion
4. Best
5. Talanoa

and then you have Simpson, Hegarty, Gordon (if he re-signs) who have all played first grade. He is too old for NYC next year and can't play fullback. I would rate all the guys in the backline above as better than him and probably Simpson as well. He is better than Heg's but Hegarty still has a year to run. Sam will be a gun next year and the Dogs need a winger. There are a few with more runs than him on the board at South's.

Talanoa should be developed into a backrower for starters but you need depth even if Huihahau isnt starting right away

Gordon is a backrower too Thats where you need to make decisions about how you spend your money

Unless the Dogs are dumping a number of players they have more wingers and outside backs than Souths Dogs supporters are calling for everyone on and off the market but they have plenty of players under contract

You also have the option of playing Huihahau at the back of the scrum in a few years Even if Jason Clark has a mortgage on that spot Huihahaus utility value starting or off the bench will be invaluable

You have to keep your options open for example using Wing and Luke in tandem at hooker or having Capewell and Sandow in the halves You can do it if you lose your depth

You cant go chasing results with average experience and releasing local or developed talent who will be better for longer and especially not to the Dogs who have feed off you in the past You are only promoting that further and they will come back for more

Huihahau is the perfect left winger and runner to start your sets of six They have Utai injury plagued why would you want to give them that advantage for another series of years

Talanoa should be developed into a backrower for starters but you need depth even if Huihahau isnt starting right away

Gordon is a backrower too Thats where you need to make decisions about how you spend your money

Unless the Dogs are dumping a number of players they have more wingers and outside backs than Souths Dogs supporters are calling for everyone on and off the market but they have plenty of players under contract

You also have the option of playing Huihahau at the back of the scrum in a few years Even if Jason Clark has a mortgage on that spot Huihahaus utility value starting or off the bench will be invaluable

You have to keep your options open for example using Wing and Luke in tandem at hooker or having Capewell and Sandow in the halves You can do it if you lose your depth

You cant go chasing results with average experience and releasing local or developed talent who will be better for longer and especially not to the Dogs who have feed off you in the past You are only promoting that further and they will come back for more

Huihahau is the perfect left winger and runner to start your sets of six They have Utai injury plagued why would you want to give them that advantage for another series of years

I agree he has loads of potential but the other thing you need to look at is injury and he has been on the long term injured list twice in the last two years. He is out for 7 weeks atm. In the last two years I think we've gotten about 10 - 12 games out of him and most of those have been this year.

BILLYA-BULLDOG

Juniors
Kaufusi & Myers------->bulldogs

Armit, Holdsworth---->esl

Emelio,bott,warburton,willimas(joe),morrin------>released

Millard------>back To Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.