What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

Coach
first of all, go away and have a look Barrets contract and then we'll compare notes, secondly what's Mateo and INU leaving got to do with Poore being there...all 3 play different roles, all 3 are different players but all 3 are (shock horror) are under this years cap..INU wasn't even offered a contract while we were outbidded by the Warriors by about 100K..both players weren't exactly in DA's plans anyway.
If Poore wasn't there you would have an extra 350k for wiggle room to help keep your gun young talent which the rest of the league keep stealing(mostly my sharks thanks to your mate Grima). We even out bidded the Warriors for Inu if you believe the word on the street.

Barrett 600/2 years isn't that bad for a young team given what he has done in the game and given he is our most experienced player. If he was our 4th string 5/8 then maybe I could see your point or if you were pointing out how ineffective Tupou has been this year on 350k...

Stagger eel

Staff member
If Poore wasn't there you would have an extra 350k for wiggle room to help keep your gun young talent which the rest of the league keep stealing(mostly my sharks thanks to your mate Grima). We even out bidded the Warriors for Inu if you believe the word on the street.

Barrett 600/2 years isn't that bad for a young team given what he has done in the game and given he is our most experienced player. If he was our 4th string 5/8 then maybe I could see your point or if you were pointing out how ineffective Tupou has been this year on 350k...

well as i said, INU was offered jack at our club..strange, yes!!..but that was DA's call and if you believe the word on our street, both of them weren't part of DA's plans anyway...DA isn't a big fan of Feleti...I'm actually surprised that Barret on on less than Tupou tbh.

Big Mick

Referee
by saying what you just said mick you agreeing saying our club isnt attractive to big name players

No I'm not.

I'm saying Pete's opinion of the club means jack.

Petero is here..not in Brisbane...and loving it.

We've attracted big names before, we will again.

PLUS...I can't believe I'm about to say this....but I'd rather play for Elliot than Henjak.

franklin2323

Immortal
Stagger true but we have rep players in: Coote, Jennings, Petero, Grant, Waterhouse, Leiws, Pritchard which we haven't had in the past no need to break up a team for 1 player

Bman26

Juniors
i think there needs to be a thread for where inglis is linked to.

Brisbane
GC
Cowboys
Newcastle
Canberra
Wests
AFL
Union

Next it'll be f**king lawn bowls or something. *rage*

Big Pete

Referee
No I'm not.

I'm saying Pete's opinion of the club means jack.

Petero is here..not in Brisbane...and loving it.

We've attracted big names before, we will again.

PLUS...I can't believe I'm about to say this....but I'd rather play for Elliot than Henjak.

Alright.

So I can't find the idea of the game's most talented player signing with a club that over the past couple of seasons has been known for signing rejects from other clubs for 50K?

A club that has gone onto lose a lot of promising juniors.

And hasn't made the finals since 2004.

I can't find that the least bit odd.

Factor that, and that it's a suburban Sydney club that I doubt said player has had much involvement with and I think I'm entitled to laugh at the thought of it.

I'm not saying it could happen. Hey, in a million years I didn't expect to see what I did happen to the Storm, I never expected Bird to play for the Titans, or Mason for the Cowboys (or any QLD team) but voila. I'm just saying, with every possible option available, the idea that Inglis is going to accept 50K from your club sounds extremely odd.

What big names have you attracted though? Which players have gone out of their way to become a Penrith Panther? Petero Civoniceva? The dude wasn't wanted by the Broncos after his manager stopped communicating with the club. He had no where else to go but to the highest bidder which just so happened to be your club, because lets face it, you were in shambles and needed a fresh start.

LESStar58

Referee
That Mateo/Inu double signing has got to be one of the single greatest recruitment coups in rugby league history. Right up there with Clyde and Stuart to Canterbury in 1999 and Smith, Pay, Dymock and McCracken to Parra in 1996. Let's overlook the fact that neither of those recruits enjoyed any success at the clubs they went to and appreciate they were pretty big moves at the time!

Warriors aren't done yet as they are after Adam Blair as well. Not long before the Warriors are a threat yet again.

Borat.

Juniors
That Mateo/Inu double signing has got to be one of the single greatest recruitment coups in rugby league history. Right up there with Clyde and Stuart to Canterbury in 1999 and Smith, Pay, Dymock and McCracken to Parra in 1996. Let's overlook the fact that neither of those recruits enjoyed any success at the clubs they went to and appreciate they were pretty big moves at the time!

Warriors aren't done yet as they are after Adam Blair as well. Not long before the Warriors are a threat yet again.

Good capture by the warriors but IMHO (AKA In my geniused opinion) nothing like the Dymock,pay, Smith, McCracken deal- all going to their arch enemies. plus Parra only wanted Mateo, Inu was always a backup player for them, and they had already told him that he wasn't needed at the club.....

Now why the Tigers never chased after INU I'll never know

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Just said on NRL Tactics that Josh Dugan is 99.9% going to be at the Roosters next year and that the deal may already be done.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
That is a disgrace if it's true.

Exactly what I thought mate. The Roosters offer absolutely nothing to the NRL. sh*t crowds, no members, no juniors. All they do is poach the players that other clubs develop.

Plus i'm pretty sure Dugan was still under contract with the Raiders for next year at least so if this is true i don't know whats happened.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Looks like the Roosters have changed their game plan. Instead of poaching experienced overhyped Bulldogs they're now poaching young potential stars from Canberra.

That's pretty sad if Duggan leaves. He's the sort of player the Raiders could build a club around and make it attractive for other players to join.

So what's the Roosters game plan? Carney and Dugan can't both play fullback. Do they move Anasta to lock?

As for Inglis going to the Panthers. I could see Inglis going there, but not for 50k, anyone who believes Inglis would go to the Panthers for a backended 50k deal is kidding themselves. The only way that would happen would be if Inglis signed away his remaining pay on his Storm contract and yeah as if that's going to happen.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
That's pretty sad if Duggan leaves. He's the sort of player the Raiders could build a club around and make it attractive for other players to join.

Yeah you would of thought the Raiders would do EVERYTHING possible to keep this kid. Hes a superstar in the making. I'm thinking that if this is true its because Dugan wants to leave so their releasing him from the final year of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts