What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borat.

Juniors
Panthers chasing Inglis-

Acc..Matt Eliot on NRL Tactics.. Andy Raymond also made mention of Mick Leary wanting to go after him.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yeah you would of thought the Raiders would do EVERYTHING possible to keep this kid. Hes a superstar in the making. I'm thinking that if this is true its because Dugan wants to leave so their releasing him from the final year of his contract.

Yeah that's what I assume about them releasing him early. Better to cut their losses if he isn't in it for the long term.

What I want to know is, why would he want to leave? I know there's been talk of him being friends with Carney, but you'd think he's also friends with most of the Canberra team seeing as they all came through NYC together.

Either it's a sh*tload of money the Roosters are throwing at him or there's something more to it.

Assuming this rumour is true of course.

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah you would of thought the Raiders would do EVERYTHING possible to keep this kid. Hes a superstar in the making. I'm thinking that if this is true its because Dugan wants to leave so their releasing him from the final year of his contract.

We offered a 19 year old a $400,000 upgrade and extension which he turned down - exactly what else where we supposed to do?

I will go on a killing spree if this turns out to be true. Stay at home with the doors locked the day it's announced and you'll be fine.

maple_69

Bench
Absolute disgrace if true.
Easts are a f*cking parasite. They bring nothing to the game and could now be dealing a serious blow to rugby league in Canberra and the country.

Piss the merkins off. I'd far rather Cronulla.

Big Mick

Referee
We offered a 19 year old a $400,000 upgrade and extension which he turned down - exactly what else where we supposed to do?

I will go on a killing spree if this turns out to be true. Stay at home with the doors locked the day it's announced and you'll be fine.

I've seen Tim's rage.

It aint pretty. All beware.

BTW. I agree...its a freaking joke if true and just another reason to hate em.

Broncos ups ante in bid to keep Israel Folau

THE NRL's good news week could be about to get a whole lot better with Brisbane poised to offer centre Israel Folau a beefed-up new deal which they hope will prevent the Broncos superstar heading to rugby union.

On the back of Johnathan Thurston's decision to stay in rugby league, and news Mark Gasnier is reportedly keen to once again don St George Illawarra's 'red v' comes revelations out of Red Hill that the Broncos are back in the race to keep Folau.
The six-time premiers have also denied holding any discussions with Melbourne's Test hooker Cameron Smith.

This follows speculation Storm players are being forced out as a result of the club's salary cap rorting.
However, the Broncos are on the verge of signing off on a multi-year deal to entice representative prop Ben Hannant back to the club.
"I think it's pretty widely acknowledged that we're in negotiations with Ben Hannant and hopefully we will have an answer soon with that," the club's newly appointed general manager of football operations Andrew Gee told AAP on Thursday.

Folau failed to take up a two year option last for the next two season 10 days ago amid reports he was the target of massive rugby union and AFL offers.
"We haven't (made him a new offer) as of yet, but we're working on it," Gee said.
"I think, any rugby league club, or for that matter any football code in the world would love to have him."
It is believed Brisbane's upset win over Melbourne last weekend with so many young Broncos players involved, and Thurston's decision this week to stay loyal to rugby league has caused Folau to rethink his future.
Add to that the fact the Broncos now have a bit more space under the cap following Petero Civoniceva's decision to stay with Penrith, and the outlook is much brighter in regard to Folau's future a week ago than it seemed to be a week ago.
"We're not giving up yet," said Broncos coach Ivan Henjak when asked if Folau's continued silence was a good thing.

"There's still some hope that he'll make a decision in our favour."
Gee said while the club was locked into negotiations with Hannant, who wants a release from the Bulldogs to return home to his family, and working on a new Folau deal, they would not be in the ball park for anyone else.
"Our talks with Ben are progressing well and we've been talking with him for a while so we're just waiting for an answer," Gee said.
With Melbourne now talking up legal action against the NRL it could be months before its players know their fate, with the club likely to ultimately be forced to release players to get them back under the salary cap for 2011.
Gee said Brisbane weren't prepared to play the waiting game.
"Until something does come out of it about them (Melbourne) I think we should all sit back on our heels and let it play out.
"However that could take months, and you can't wait months at this stage, you need to have your roster sorted for the upcoming season and that's what we're doing as a club."
AAP

Source: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...eep-israel-folau/story-e6frg7mf-1225866206221

Stagger eel

Staff member
Has that stopped anyone in the past?

it has been known to happen, yes, but on this occasion given the profile of the player I highly doubt it would happen..if it does than Canberra are worst run club in the league and I would be the first to compliment and appologize to Mortz.

Charlie124

First Grade
So after paying Folau (a winger) $400k a season, they're now offering him a beefed up deal to keep him longer??

Im a big fan of Folau but he was never worth that coin to begin with, i certainly wouldnt be throwing even more at him just to stop him leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts