What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellteam

First Grade
I think the Broncos would surely realise by now not to pay him too much. Especially when it's slightly possible we could sign other backs like Inglis or Slater.

mortz

it has been known to happen, yes, but on this occasion given the profile of the player I highly doubt it would happen..if it does than Canberra are worst run club in the league and I would be the first to compliment and appologize to Mortz.

your apology will be politely accepted

Shire Panther

Juniors
Absolute disgrace if true.
Easts are a f*cking parasite. They bring nothing to the game and could now be dealing a serious blow to rugby league in Canberra and the country.
Piss the merkins off. I'd far rather Cronulla.

Im with you f**k I hate the Roosters!!!! low life parasite scum!!! I hate them with a passion the only thing I hate more is that stupid twinkie sport afl.
Why are they even in the comp??? What do they bring to the game? at least Cronulla have juniors and develop players.

Cronulla -------> Roosters

The Crane

Juniors
If you were a star, and played for Canberra you would probably leave if given more money to go somewhere with a bigger market and a more interesting city

renouf

Juniors
Yeah I can't imagine why anyone would want to live in Canberra, it's a pretty boring place, weather ain't great either, Hot and dry in the summer and bloody freezing in the winter.

Big Mick

Referee
Adam Blair --> Dogs
Aiden Tolman --> Dogs

Tolman is pretty much guaranteed.

Ben Roberts --> Somewhere else.

schnitzel

Juniors
Reasons for and against Josh Dugan joining Roosters:

FOR

1. Play under Brian Smith
2. Big city lifestyle, lots of lattes and late nights in Coogee/Cross, or Oxford St if that's his thing
3. More media exposure, more sponsorship
4. Greater chance of playing for NSW
5. Much better chance of winning premiership
6. Lots of potential outside the cap benefits ;-) and I'm not talking cash in a brown paper bag...

AGAINST

1. Canberra junior, born and bred, country lifestyle might suit him
2. Family and mates close by, big fish in small pond
3. Much cheaper cost of living
4. Already picked for Country and NSW a chance this year
5. Good crop of juniors coming thru Canberra so a premiership is possible if they get a decent halfback and coach :?
6. Marquee player salary and third party sponsorship

Raider_69

Post Whore
been keeping my ears close to the ground and i've herd a rumour Josh Dugan might be off to the roosters, its only a whisper, anyone else herd that?

Raider_69

Post Whore
on a serious note, i am super impressed with the way the general RL community is getting behind Canberra over this dugan thing and putting club allegiances to the side for the betterment of the game
Dugan leaving the Raiders could potenitally be catasphoric for the game in the ACT and its surrounding areas.

Im not confident but very hopeful Dugan will sign on for the club before next year. The NRL needs to be investigating this Roosters thing though, he's contracted until the end of 2011, there is too much smoke for their to be no fire over them contacting him with an offer, which would be a breach of NRL guidelines.
If evidence is found, i hope the NRL tells them that they wont register a contract with Dugan and the Roosters

Bench
I totally agree with Raider 69,but Easts have a history with that type of thing,they even did it to our CEO(but that worked out alright for us),with Melbourne's recruitment officer,Willie Mason,they denied Carney had signed last year,they have done this for many years,so I think you will find that the story will be proven true.

Stagger eel

Staff member
No im just saying that its been known to happen where a player leaves when he is contracted. So people saying it couldnt possibly happen should realise that sadly it does.

I didn't say it wasn't possible i said it was highly unlikely given the profile that Josh Dugan carries at the Raiders.

fred92

Juniors
he's still under contract with the Raiders..Dickhead!
I don't know whether or not Dugan will still be playing with Canberra next year but the mere fact that he is contracted to the Raiders means nothing if the club finds it to their advantage for whatever reason to release him from the final yearof his contract. I never believe in contract rumors until the deal has been done.

fred92

Juniors
Im with you f**k I hate the Roosters!!!! low life parasite scum!!! I hate them with a passion the only thing I hate more is that stupid twinkie sport afl.
Why are they even in the comp??? What do they bring to the game? at least Cronulla have juniors and develop players.

Cronulla -------> Roosters
You've got a filthy mouth man. It's my pleasure to tell you your club has always been, perhaps the most disrespected teams in the competition. Imsure the vast majority of Panther fans must cringe when they read your foul mouthed comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts