What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tell me where I said either of those were good contracts??? Barrett isn't even on that much either?

Far out you have some serious sand in your vagina if you can't admit that 350k/3 years(doesn't it have a option for 4?) for Poore is a stinker especially when he is the 4th best prop at your club. Has he got off the bench yet?

no! you said Poor's contract which is only 10 matches into a 3 year deal the worst in history, it's one of the dumbest statements I've ever read here...

do you honestly believe with a front row rotation of Moimoi, Mannah, Cayless and Poore that the 2 players that sit on the bench are regarded as mediocre?

I didn't know that people are still stupid to use a bench rotation of an NRL comp as an actual yardstick of how your performing, Tim Mannah made the city side coming off the bench at our club, Caylo and Moimoi played for NZ in the last 12 months and Poore played origin...unless you were forced you'd be a spastic to start all 4 at the same time as Manly would with Kite, Perry, King and Rose..capish??

griffo346

First Grade
stagger

as u know being a eels man we become protective of our clubs

however over the inception of the panthers we have had some very high profile players join our club and alot of them are still involved in some way

Special K

Coach
no! you said Poor's contract which is only 10 matches into a 3 year deal the worst in history, it's one of the dumbest statements I've ever read here...
I said history? I know I said in the league... Which would kinda refer to you know.. present day.. As in the league we are watching at the moment.... But whatever add in whatever words you like. I also added "I think" and i'm glad you value my opinion so highly..

do you honestly believe with a front row rotation of Moimoi, Mannah, Cayless and Poore that the 2 players that sit on the bench are regarded as mediocre?
No I don't think it is a mediocre rotation and again you are putting words in my mouth. I do however expect major off season signings to make an impact and not fall from starting origin prop to the bench of their new club.

I didn't know that people are still stupid to use a bench rotation of an NRL comp as an actual yardstick of how your performing, Tim Mannah made the city side coming off the bench at our club, Caylo and Moimoi played for NZ in the last 12 months and Poore played origin...unless you were forced you'd be a spastic to start all 4 at the same time as Manly would with Kite, Perry, King and Rose..capish??
Even if he does start his form does not justify the money spent.. Especially when you have 3 better props at the club already.

My original point was why would anyone take Poore off the Eels and help their salary cap problems which is causing talent like Inu and Mateo to leave... "capish"?

Go outside and shake that sand out

Stagger eel

Staff member
stagger

as u know being a eels man we become protective of our clubs

however over the inception of the panthers we have had some very high profile players join our club and alot of them are still involved in some way

since about 1988 , you had several gun players join your club, from Peter Tunks, Peter Kelly, Chris Mortimer, Mark McGaw, Gary Freeman, Ryan Girdler, Luke Priddis, you had favourite sons Geyer and Alexander..I don't think you've ever had an issue attractive high profile players.

Saint Jack

Juniors
Justin is meant to be unhappy at Parra I gather. It is to do with starting off the bench - but is also allegedly to do with the person who starts him off the bench.

I don't know how true this is - he may just be missing the 'Gong ... :)

griffo346

First Grade
mate so in saying what you just said i dont know what pete means by it not being attractive

also stagger cant forget preston campbell either :)

Stagger eel

Staff member
My original point was why would anyone take Poore off the Eels and help their salary cap problems which is causing talent like Inu and Mateo to leave... "capish"?

Go outside and shake that sand out

first of all, go away and have a look Barrets contract and then we'll compare notes, secondly what's Mateo and INU leaving got to do with Poore being there...all 3 play different roles, all 3 are different players but all 3 are (shock horror) are under this years cap..INU wasn't even offered a contract while we were outbidded by the Warriors by about 100K..both players weren't exactly in DA's plans anyway.

Big Pete

Referee
explain pete why u think its not attractive?

To a player like Greg Inglis, I doubt he'd find a suburban Sydney club with an average coach or average board attractive. Penrith are a very modest club, they don't really trouble anyone and I just find it very odd how out of left field this all is. Especially when you consider the contract is only 50K.

I'd say the best bet for Inglis is he either stays in Melbourne or he'll come to Brisbane on the money Folau was supposed to be on.

Noa

First Grade
Knights will come into play as well for GI if he leaves.However I think at the Start of next season he'll still be in Purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts