What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek999

First Grade
Are there any players Joey doesn't have massive wraps on? Talks almost every player up llike they are a future immortal

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
He doesn't just wrap his horses though.

I'm pretty happy with that lot. Most are off contract or being payed partially by other clubs. (Like Mateo, maybe Burgess) Ballin is a bit odd. He has slowed up a lot this year. A change may be good form him. Can we offload Hiku please????

Packy

Bench
There is a rumour that Wayne Bennett will only release Ash Taylor to Manly, and refuses to allow him to go to the Titans. Anyone know anything more on that? Bit of a dick move by Bennett if true.

Bennett is a ruthless merkin. He's not some f**king sparkling beacon on humanity. He's completely selfish and as a coach you wouldn't want him any other way.

Kiwi

First Grade
Apparently the list is as follows:

Burgess
Ballin
Mason
Mateo
Williams
Horo
Starling
Lui
Hasson
Blair
Hodges
Littlejohn
Vave
Andrews
Didn't they just sign Balin to a new deal, that is a massive clean out if true. They're leaving it pretty late in the season for a clean out, could backfire epically or they could have pretty much written off 2016 as the start of a long term rebuild.

POPEYE

Coach
Manly may return to showing wankers the difference between poaching and signing . . . at least the good old days is a fall back point

Incorrect

Coach
When are Manly going to man up and announce Toovey will no longer be coach of the club after this season? It's a bit of an insult to a bloke who hasn't done a whole lot wrong in the role that they are going around signing the likes of Lewis Brown and Koroisau (no doubt part of the Barrett package) and releasing a dozen others yet Toovey, who is still contracted until the end of 2016, seemingly has no input in to anything regarding recruiting and retention there.

Maybe Manly are hoping he resigns if/when they are mathematically out of finals contention or something, but it has been obvious for a few months that Barrett will be in charge there next year. Toovey probably deserves to have been treated with a bit more dignity than what's been happening there so far.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Didn't they just sign Balin to a new deal, that is a massive clean out if true. They're leaving it pretty late in the season for a clean out, could backfire epically or they could have pretty much written off 2016 as the start of a long term rebuild.

9 out of the 14 on the list are off contract this year so it's not that big a deal really. 3 of them have not pulled on a first grade jersey all year and a few others certainly should not have.

Of the other 5, four have 1 year left on their contract (2016) and Ballin has 2 more years.

I feel for Ballin as the bloke is a great clubman but I guess when he re-signed it was pre-Barrett. I hope he either finds a good spot at a new club or stays on as the back up hooker for us and then moves into an off field role.

A few from the NYC will move up into the top 25. Players like Addison Demetriou, Will Pearsall and Liam Knight.

Good to see some dead wood being moved on.

Kiwi

First Grade
9 out of the 14 on the list are off contract this year so it's not that big a deal really. 3 of them have not pulled on a first grade jersey all year and a few others certainly should not have.

Of the other 5, four have 1 year left on their contract (2016) and Ballin has 2 more years.

I feel for Ballin as the bloke is a great clubman but I guess when he re-signed it was pre-Barrett. I hope he either finds a good spot at a new club or stays on as the back up hooker for us and then moves into an off field role.

A few from the NYC will move up into the top 25. Players like Addison Demetriou, Will Pearsall and Liam Knight.

Good to see some dead wood being moved on.
Do you think they will play Lyon in the 6, an under 20's player or make a really big play for Taylor and beat the Titans to the punch again? If you guys land Taylor who is an exceptional talent it will go a long way to setting the club back on track.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Do you think they will play Lyon in the 6, an under 20's player or make a really big play for Taylor and beat the Titans to the punch again? If you guys land Taylor who is an exceptional talent it will go a long way to setting the club back on track.

I heard that Manly had dropped off on the chase for Taylor? All media speculation though. I don't believe anything a "journalist" maggot types until a player or club announce it....

I think they should go with Pearsall from NYC. Not sure if he's ready but personally, I'd give him 2 or 3 games at the back end of this season (even off the bench) to see how the kid goes. Not like he could do worse than Foran. Then Lyon can drift in and out of the 6 as required next year to give the kid a break when needed.

What do I know though!

legend

Coach
Surely the Eels will be circling for someone like Ballin given Peats injury history and the fact Watmough and Foran are already there.

typicalfan

Coach
Bunnies would be an option for Ballin. Losing Luke and the back up isn't quite ready yet imo. Plus G Stewart is there.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
ballin offers nothing as a utility, he's either a starter or not at all. would suit titans doesn't have a lot of options really

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
so based on the fact he's old, past his best, and offers no tangible value to the eels, I'd expect him involved in a player swap with Hopoate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts