What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason taylor

Bench
We might have paid overs to Hunt to get him to break his contract...

Wasn't that the last signing we made this year so far?

it just shows that he is selfish and not a team player. for the better of the team, f**king retire for good sakes.

spoon 2014!

What, so the club offers him a deal and he accepts it, and he somehow should forgo what was agreed? Players have a limited earning capacity in their career, and many are going to take a very big pay cut when they retire.

Let's say Benny had miraculously turned superstar this year, and somebody suggested that the club should release him despite him being contracted to us for 2014 to let him pursue his career at a better club.....how happy would you be?

He has every right to stand his ground. He's never dogged us in the past....it's not his fault if some goose offered him a generous contract.

Someone

Bench
What, so the club offers him a deal and he accepts it, and he somehow should forgo what was agreed? Players have a limited earning capacity in their career, and many are going to take a very big pay cut when they retire.

Let's say Benny had miraculously turned superstar this year, and somebody suggested that the club should release him despite him being contracted to us for 2014 to let him pursue his career at a better club.....how happy would you be?

He has every right to stand his ground. He's never dogged us in the past....it's not his fault if some goose offered him a generous contract.

i understand all of that completely, its the parramatta way. look out for yourself and yourself only. i guess his on field performance will do the talking come next year...lol.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Also he doesn't even turn 30 until the end of this contract. He might be injury prone but he's not too old.

Anyway, he's no more injury prone than Willie Tonga, and that merkin got an extension.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i understand all of that completely, its the parramatta way. look out for yourself and yourself only. i guess his on field performance will do the talking come next year...lol.

His last full season (2011), he actually went pretty well. It's just that he's been injured ever since off season 2011/2012, and only managed 16 games in that time.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...e-as-nines-take-cash-cake-20130928-2ul4v.html

Father-son Eels

Former Parramatta premiership winger Neil Hunt is confident his son will follow in his footsteps despite having an escape clause in his deal with the blue and golds. South Sydney utility Justin Hunt signed a three-year deal with the Eels but could use a get-out clause now Ricky Stuart has left the embattled club. However, Neil, who was on the end of the great premiership-winning Parramatta back lines of the 1980s, reckons his boy will be an Eel. ''To the best of my knowledge, he is,'' Neil Hunt said. ''I haven't heard anything to the contrary. It's always a nice thing to play where your dad played. I want him to be happy and if that's where he wants to play, that's great. [Chairman] Steve Sharp is a mate of mine and he's trying to make things the best he can, he's doing a great job.''

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-lea...sop-wants-to-end-spell-with-grand-final-glory

Wigan star Lee Mossop wants to end spell with Grand Final glory at Old Trafford

Last Updated: September 28, 2013 1:23pm

Wigan star Lee Mossop is determined to end his time with the Warriors on a high note by beating Warrington in the Super League Grand Final.

The 24-year-old forward has agreed to join Parramatta Eels as one of three Wigan stars - along with Sam Tomkins and Pat Richards - heading for the NRL next season.

Before that, the trio will try and help Wigan complete a glorious double at Old Trafford on October 5 by adding the Super League title to the Challenge Cup they won in late August.

Mossop said: "It would be a fairytale ending to do the double with my best mates and leave Wigan on the back of two finals wins.

"I don't want to get too far ahead and jinx myself but I can't help stop thinking how good a send-off that would be.

"We know how hard that's going to be but, if we can complete our sets a bit better and defend anything like we did against Leeds, we will give ourselves a great chance."

After Wigan had overpowered Leeds 22-12 in Friday's semi-final, Mossop added: "Luckily we got that win and we're through to the final now. We've one week's more preparation and hopefully we can get that fairytale ending.

"It was really tight in the first 20 minutes, then two quick tries gave them a bit of breathing space but Huddersfield stuck with them and it was a proper arm-wrestle semi-final which you expect. They're going to be battle-hardened for next week, like we are."

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If the Sunday Mail is saying he will go to Parra then we are f**ked.

I wouldn't use that paper to pick up my dog's nuggets.

Pazza

First Grade
Wenty should have a good team next season! Sio, Morgan, kelly(maybe), Allgood, Joseph Paulo, foran, Pritchard, Harrison, Ryan, smith, Ualesi etc

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Wenty should have a good team next season! Sio, Morgan, kelly(maybe), Allgood, Joseph Paulo, foran, Pritchard, Harrison, Ryan, smith, Ualesi etc

Yep - as much as we bag out Kearney , this was his plan. Our nsw cup side next year will be filled with 21-22 year olds with potential rather then 25 year olds with no real chance of having nrl careers. We can now spend our money on top 20 players rather then depth players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts