What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
That's the thing I love about him most, his ambition, to be the best and work at it every week.

He's the one that breaks the typical Newcastle Knight who's happy to be here and live like a king without doing all that much.

Jono078

Referee
Apparently the Sharks want a player swap for Miller. Toohey thinks it'll be a young player.

Wonder who we've got in mind?

Mann's a fit young bloke.

macavity

Referee
Apparently the Sharks want a player swap for Miller. Toohey thinks it'll be a young player.

Wonder who we've got in mind?

Mann's a fit young bloke.

I reckon more likely a development player as there wouldn’t be many in our top 30 to interest them.

My pick would be Jack Johns, not what we need but probably plays a couple of games for them if injuries hit.

Yosh

Coach
Surely the club needs to keep Dom. When will be stop being the dumpster team? Everyone takes all our good players and we take all their trash.

Look at Gagai. We had him, he left us to become a star and only returned after his use by date had passed. We gonna do the same with Dom and sign him again when he is 30?

Dom's best mate is already at the club and 2 more are coming in 2024. He's not going anywhere, he's just looking for a deserved pay bump which he'll no doubt get

PhilGould

Bench
He has already moved away from his actual family and friends to the other side of the world for a better career opportunity. If the English kid connection is our big lure we're in trouble.

PhilGould

Bench
Dom also isn’t from Newcastle or the Knights originally and would have every interested club blowing smoke up his ass about how they’d use him better than the Knights, too. There were already reports months ago that other clubs view him as a centre which is what he grew up playing.

Think you’re grossly overestimating the power of friendship in professional sports. I’m sure he like to play with KPP. I’m also sure he’d like to play for a team with higher aspirations than maybe hopefully sneaking into the 8 if everything falls right, and a game plan that involves him actually touching the ball in attacking positions occasionally.

I’m already on the fence about renewing my membership after 20 odd years and Dom signing elsewhere would probably tip me over the edge. I hope he stays. History says he values making the most out of his career over staying “home” and comfortable with his mates.

Jono078

Referee
Other thing for me is yeah Newcastle is nice, but he probably wants to experience something "greater" as far as night life, food and beaches.. So these Sydney clubs would be appealing in that aspect.

Spot On

Coach
Watson came from the Roosters originally and wasnt in our starting side

Watson was also told by Robinson that he'd get him in the NSW side.

Veeeeerrryyy different scenarios to Dom Young mate

I laughed at the ‘NSW side’ bit… then thought of our team selections over the years. Actually not so funny.

macavity

Referee
Other thing for me is yeah Newcastle is nice, but he probably wants to experience something "greater" as far as night life, food and beaches.. So these Sydney clubs would be appealing in that aspect.

Sydney doesn’t have anything Newcastle doesn’t have.

He is also from a tiny town in northern England. Sydney might be a bit overwhelming.

We really need to change the narrative about our club. Aside from wins on the board, Wests need a change of mind set to make that happen - skimping on the COE wasn’t a good start.

slotmachine

First Grade
Sydney doesn’t have anything Newcastle doesn’t have.

Lol.
Everyone from across the world's first place they want to visit in Aus is the cosmopolitan international city of Newcastle right.

Back on topic, I'm ambivalent on the whole Dom situation. The way we use him doesn't really lend itself to him being a matchwinner (as much as any winger ever can be), and to keep him it sounds like we're going to have to splash the cash. I guess if we're going to be bad its nice to have an exciting player or two to enjoy though, a bit like the Aku years.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
Lol.
Everyone from across the world's first place they want to visit in Aus is the cosmopolitan international city of Newcastle right.

Back on topic, I'm ambivalent on the whole Dom situation. The way we use him doesn't really lend itself to him being a matchwinner (as much as any winger ever can be), and to keep him it sounds like we're going to have to splash the cash. I guess if we're going to be bad its nice to have an exciting player or two to enjoy though, a bit like the Aku years.
Visit ≠ live.

Sydney is a shit place to live.