What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

nick87

Coach
Just lost Henderson, Flegg 5/8, to Raiders effective immediately
If you or anyone else don’t mind indulging an intruder, what’s the book on him? Good prospect? Running or ball playing half?

In return I offer a rumour that someone posted on theGH.com.au that Trey Mooney is headed to the knights next year
Which would be a bitter result for the raiders. Hoping it’s bullshit but he’s awesome and should have been given more opportunities in FG by now, so it wouldn’t shock me at all if he’s gotten sick and tired of waiting for a shot and leaves.

Woody90

Juniors
Not fussed either way with Lorax but why a swap, just get him, fixes goal kicking, move Gags to wing, 1-5 good and strong

Gags has been fantastic at setting up his winger (honestly he’s one of the main reasons for Young’s form) - he’d be wasted on the wing. I’d be more keen to try and find a cheap winger who just needs to stand next to Gagai and fall over the line and use the money on the forward pack.

If no decent wing options available I reckon maybe try Will Pryce on the wing to ease him into the NRL playing next to Gagai. It worked for Young…

perverse

Referee
If you or anyone else don’t mind indulging an intruder, what’s the book on him? Good prospect? Running or ball playing half?

In return I offer a rumour that someone posted on theGH.com.au that Trey Mooney is headed to the knights next year
Which would be a bitter result for the raiders. Hoping it’s bullshit but he’s awesome and should have been given more opportunities in FG by now, so it wouldn’t shock me at all if he’s gotten sick and tired of waiting for a shot and leaves.
Only the good ones leave, and don't worry - we'll ruin your bloke too.

perverse

Referee
Gags has been fantastic at setting up his winger (honestly he’s one of the main reasons for Young’s form) - he’d be wasted on the wing. I’d be more keen to try and find a cheap winger who just needs to stand next to Gagai and fall over the line and use the money on the forward pack.

If no decent wing options available I reckon maybe try Will Pryce on the wing to ease him into the NRL playing next to Gagai. It worked for Young…
You're a very fortunate winger to be playing outside Gags at the moment. Shades of Maddog and Aku on that wing. Still incredibly bitter that Dom is leaving. He could have at least been a ray of hope for us this year... but we can't even have that.

Old dog

Bench

Haven’t seen much of him, I’m not local and he has played mostly Flegg but has shown some promise at 6 or 7, someone obviously likes him as it happened quickly

macavity

Referee
I think we need to move Hastings to 9 and train him there all off-season.

Let him tackle and make distribution decisions, and the occasional dart up the middle.

He is too slow to challenge the line outside of the middle, and his kicking game now verges on woeful - does he have a kick other than a floating half bomb?

Gamble isn't it either. Bulk him up and play him at lock.

Frizell is the only off-contract player we should keep, and I would personally be moving on a number under contract - Elliott, Heatherington, Brailey and both Safs.

So f**king angry at this bunch right now.

Woody90

Juniors

Please tell us he can play hooker or prop lol.

perverse

Referee
I think we need to move Hastings to 9 and train him there all off-season.

Let him tackle and make distribution decisions, and the occasional dart up the middle.

He is too slow to challenge the line outside of the middle, and his kicking game now verges on woeful - does he have a kick other than a floating half bomb?

Gamble isn't it either. Bulk him up and play him at lock.

Frizell is the only off-contract player we should keep, and I would personally be moving on a number under contract - Elliott, Heatherington, Brailey and both Safs.

So f**king angry at this bunch right now.
I agree on everything for the most part. It's hard to gauge the halves at the moment, but I do think they're both showing why they were easy to move on from their respective old clubs. I think Hastings is doing a fine job directing traffic FOR THE MOST PART - but as you said his achilles right now is that he's not providing a running threat and not digging into the line deep enough and engaging defenders.

Gamble... I love a lot about him, and as our team stands right now i think he has to be there for his voice and enthusiasm as much as anything else. He's worth a shot in the 13 with a bit less responsibility.

Unfortunately, as you've sorta pointed out, it's all a bit of a moot point when your forwards are just letting everyone down. I don't think we really have a problem in our 1->5 at all, and if the forwards aimed up properly I actually think Hastings and Gamble could "do a job" in the halves and get us over the line too. The forwards are just pathetic right now and honestly should be ashamed of themselves. The 2 tries that the Roosters scored straight up the middle are the most unforgiveable tries you'll ever see. You can cope when a team finds a way around you with shape, or scores from a kick... but just strolling through the middle in slow motion - there is zero excuse, ever. It's not like fatigue was an issue at that point - they were fresh.

Woody90

Juniors
He’s a middle forward for sure. They’ve played him a lot this year in NSW cup as an edge but apparently that’s specifically to help develop his lateral mobility. He was the u19’s nsw captain last year

Hope it’s an accurate rumour. We’ll offer you 2 Saifitis in exchange.

nick87

Coach
Hope it’s an accurate rumour. We’ll offer you 2 Saifitis in exchange.
Haha! I remember I copped shit from a few of you blokes a few years ago when I called them bums
Never wrong, only early. :D

Anyways I don’t think you blokes will be rueing the Henderson loss, a 20 y/o half coming to work with Ricky Stuart? We’ve seen that movie before

perverse

Referee
Haha! I remember I copped shit from a few of you blokes a few years ago when I called them bums
Never wrong, only early. :D

Anyways I don’t think you blokes will be rueing the Henderson loss, a 20 y/o half coming to work with Ricky Stuart? We’ve seen that movie before
Hahaha righto Nostradamus! If you wandered into our dressing sheds blindfolded you literally couldn't avoid running into a bum.

slotmachine

First Grade
Clune and Mann are both off contract, and with Toohey saying there are three spots left next year they would be long odds to be extended.