What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woody90

Juniors
I think Hastings is doing a good as an organiser. He doesn’t pose any type of threat himself though so ideally we probably want to bring in a 5/8 with a bit more of a running game so that Ponga isn’t our only threat. I know harsh on Gamble but I think Hastings organisational skills are a bit harder to find.

Honestly though the halves aren’t our biggest issue at the moment. No point bringing in a world beating 6 if our forwards and hooker are the worst in the comp.

Jono078

Referee
Hastings is a tough one. I like him and think he can still do plenty of good for us, but he needs some help around him.

As mentioned above. A hooker who can deliver good ball and also suck in the defenders would be invaluable to Hastings and give him more room to move.

The ONLY issues I have with Hastings is his ability to put the foot down and threaten the line and also his kicks. We need a bit more variety out of him. If these are his two worst issues then we’re not doing too bad.

Yosh

Coach
Is Hastings' legs done for good? Will he never be able to run the ball anymore? Or will he get back some sort of running game in an year or two?

Probably the exact half we needed but pity he had to go destroy his legs before he came here. We need both his goal kicking and running game.

Knight Tales

Bench
I actually wonder if Jackson will continue playing beyond this year. That leg looks more problematic by the week. Was it a pre exisiting issue before the Carrigan hip drop last year?

Jono078

Referee
He was decent on the weekend and it looks like he's bulked up a bit.

We should only be keeping him on the cheap and ONLY to play wing.

Yet again though it's an uninspiring signing that doesn't make me feel like ok, next year is the year we improve!

He also can't be first choice winger. Dom to Tuala is downright depressing.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I always find it amusing when everyone in here loses the plot over the club wanting to keep a player when they have absolutely no idea what the club intends to offer that player…

Tuala isn’t a first choice option right now and I doubt he will be next year if the rumours are true that we’re shopping for a winger. So assuming he’ll spend a good chunk of next year in reserve grade I can’t see us offering much more than the minimum for him.

Secondly, at the risk of saying something controversial, Tuala isn’t that bad. He’s not good enough to be a first choice NRL winger but he’s solid enough, is fast and is a good finisher to boot. Problem is we played him in the centre a bunch of times where he gets found out. Ultimately he’s a pretty good backup to have imo provided he’s on a bottom end deal.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
What’s amusing? You literally said the same as everyone above my brother haha. You’re not wrong either.
More that people say things like “I give up on this club” or “FML that’s such a Knights thing to do” etc etc etc. it’s a squad of 30 and people don’t seem to understand that you need depth players.

aqua_duck

Coach
More that people say things like “I give up on this club” or “FML that’s such a Knights thing to do” etc etc etc. it’s a squad of 30 and people don’t seem to understand that you need depth players.
One year deal for someone like Tuala isn’t terrible, not really inspiring but it’s fine, the issue is he should be number 29 or 30 in a top 30 not 23 or 24

We need depth sure, but wing is a position where you can bring young outside backs through and ease them into first grade. Having a guy like Tuala who SHOULD only ever see 1st grade on the wing is a waste of a roster spot.

If he was a prop, hooker or a good jack of all trades like Conner Tracey Id have no issues keeping him as depth but hes not. Hes a roadblock for our young backs

Yosh

Coach
We need depth sure, but wing is a position where you can bring young outside backs through and ease them into first grade. Having a guy like Tuala who SHOULD only ever see 1st grade on the wing is a waste of a roster spot.

If he was a prop, hooker or a good jack of all trades like Conner Tracey Id have no issues keeping him as depth but hes not. Hes a roadblock for our young backs
Agreed! But he can play centre or wing on both sides pretty effectively so if he is on minimum wage and he is literally the only older outside back cover in the 30 man roster, I'm totally okay with this. It means Hunt has to leave unfortunately.