What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

aqua_duck

Coach
What young backs? If they were any good they'd be getting a run over Tuala.

Chris Vea'ila was meant to the the next big thing on the wing but looks like he's playing centre these days and not exactly lighting NSW Cup on fire.
No idea what on earth has happened to him, 2 years ago he was playing NSW cup as a 17 year old and there was a game against parra where he was up against Blake Ferguson and got the better of Fergo, since then he’s joined the long list of promising juniors who have fallen into the Bermuda Triangle that is our pathways system

Agreed! But he can play centre or wing on both sides pretty effectively so if he is on minimum wage and he is literally the only older outside back cover in the 30 man roster, I'm totally okay with this. It means Hunt has to leave unfortunately.
He is far from an effective centre mate

slotmachine

First Grade
From Toohey today.

Fitz is going to super league next year.

Simi off to the raiders, apparently the club thinks he's lazy. Knights wanted Trey Mooney, Tom Starling or Danny Levi in return for releasing him immediately but Raiders said no.

Friz has offers from super league, tigers and raiders.

Knight Tales

Bench
So we have a situation where we could lose two of our starting back rowers. Nil potential replacements named so far.
At least we tried to find a dummy half and not merely settle on Crossland.
To read between the lines the Raiders refusals are interesting. Cos their assistant is the man rumoured to be O’Brien’s biggest threat. It could be their way of telling Madge hands off in a not so subtle way. Especially given Brails injury history.

Woody90

Juniors
I’m a bit conflicted re Fitz. Sometimes he’s downright terrible and costs us big time with penalties. On the other hand though we’re very low on back rowers (especially if Friz leaves). He’s also probably the best line runner we have (but I’m also aware that Ponga probably makes him look a lot better than he is). We kinda need KPP to come in and be ready to start in FG.

Happy to hear we at least tried to sign some hookers (even if it is buying back the farm). Disappointing though that neither came off and that it looks like Mooney won’t happen.

Apey

Staff member
Would Levi have been an upgrade on Crossland? Maybe? Probably. Imagine if we ended up with Levi again, lol.

aqua_duck

Coach
Would Levi have been an upgrade on Crossland? Maybe? Probably. Imagine if we ended up with Levi again, lol.
As an overall footballer maybe not (splitting hairs) but as a dummy half 100 times yes. Levi isn’t the craftiest of dummy halves but at least offers a real running threat that keeps the A defender abit more honest, I think his service whilst below average is still slightly better than Crossland

Jono078

Referee
Is this an indictment on the player or the coach? Why has the coach decided to keep him this long and not get him to become a first grade professional?

Surely he's no lazier than the Saifitis?

Yosh

Coach
I'd rather a lazy player with some talent than plodders who turn up for the club bus on time and trains hard. Seriously, AOB let's get some wins mate.

perverse

Referee
The truth is that the best ones ARE lazy... because they've only had to try half as hard to dominate the rest of their age groups. God this club pisses me off. This is super common in all walks of life. These kids have to be managed properly and challenged to take the next step, not discarded.

You just won't find that many top tier kids that are also highly motivated and hard workers at that age. They need to be developed into men. The hard workers are the strugglers - the battlers that had to try twice as hard as everyone else to compete. They have very low ceilings, and end up making quality squad fillers/2nd tier contracts.