What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
In the last question of tonight's presser Brown was asked if the report made tonight on the signing was correct.

He denied it was correct and said he did not know where it would end up. He was not too convincing in the 'I don't know' though. I would say he is really wanting to say 'well he has a cooling off period and we don't know if the Roosters will find more room under the Sombrero for him'

Knight76

Juniors
Brown is usually well spoken but when answering the question on the Guerra signing he was stammering a bit.

Find out soon enough.

How good would a quick fire announcement of Guerra, SKD and Ese'ese be. Need a couple of good solid props and we would be a transformed team.

macavity

Referee
If we do sign SKD before June 30 I'd like to see this for the rest of the year:

1. Elliott
2. Ross
3. Pete Mat
4. SKD
5. Sio

Glue factory: Gagai

Meaney would have to be close. Though Elliott is a much better FB than anything else

PhilGould

Bench
Rothfield says $1.6m over 3 years for Guerra. I hope that's wrong, or that at least the third year is a team option.

Frederick

Staff member
Rothfield says $1.6m over 3 years for Guerra. I hope that's wrong, or that at least the third year is a team option.
A bit over 500k for an experienced forward who has won grand finals and origin series? Definitely not the worst deal going around

PhilGould

Bench
A bit over 500k for an experienced forward who has won grand finals and origin series? Definitely not the worst deal going around
Also a bit over 500k for a player who's been way out of form for 2 years and doesn't seem to have gotten any other NRL offers. I'm hoping a change of scenery will do him well but I'm not confident we'll be getting our moneys worth.

Swarzey

Bench
Cap goes up next year remember. 500k this year might only be worth 300-350k next year.

Despite being out of form, Guerra brings top tier experience and hopefully the change of clubs will motivate him to find his old form, 500k a year is a great price to pay for him.

slotmachine

First Grade
He was always going to get more than McQueens $1.2m over 3 years.

It's overs, but not ridiculously so.

Room for 5 or 6 more 500k a year players.

Bartwah

Juniors
Anyone that thinks we're not going to pay overs for players next year(s) are kidding themselves. I'm just happy to be signing an experienced forward to be honest. We need guerra to get in cronks ear now lol

Latest posts