What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Swarzey

Bench
From the Mole so take it for what it's worth...

The Broncos front row stocks are under siege, with Joe Ofahengaue, Herman Ese’ese, Adam Blair and Mitchell Dodds all in danger of leaving the club next season.

Blair, Ofahengaue and Dodds are all off contract while rival clubs are trying to lure the promising Ese’ese away from Red Hill.

Ese’ese spent last weekend in Newcastle, where he was wined and dined by the Knights.

With the Broncos spending big money to sign Jack Bird and retain Darius Boyd and Anthony Milford, the club has little wiggle room in the salary cap and is vulnerable to the raiders.

If the Broncos lose one or two of the quartet, it will leave them extremely vulnerable up front in 2018.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/06/08/...stocks-at-risk-of-being-plundered?ocid=wwostw

macavity

Referee
Pangai Jr is a Newcastle junior, can't see him ever coming here.

I haven't seen anything of Ese'ese really, and stats/tape not really mind blowing. Is he likely to be starting quality any time soon?

PhilGould

Bench
Tevita still has family here and is best mates with Sione & Luke Yates. I reckon he'd be open to coming back if we can improve over the next few seasons.

I haven't taken much notice of Ese'ese but Brisbane fans don't seem happy about him possibly leaving. He was dropped this week, and Wayne has a history of dropping players once he knows they're leaving so we might have got him.

Spot On

Coach
Pangai Jr is a Newcastle junior, can't see him ever coming here.

I haven't seen anything of Ese'ese really, and stats/tape not really mind blowing. Is he likely to be starting quality any time soon?

I hope people are not expecting a 22 yr old with 20 starts under the belt to be a starting star for us.Dan Saifiti has played more games at this stage.

However, Ese'ese has been used as a starter this season and I thought had done a very good job. Korbin was put back to the bench and Herman given the start.

Bennett is not renowned for throwing young blokes with no experience into first grade, especially young blokes with no experience AS A STARTING PROP!!! If that's not an endorsement then I don't know what is.

The bloke is young, runs hard and straight, tackles hard, seems to have a decent motor and has a good size.

The potential is there.

However, as we all know Brown has to buy a couple hard heads with experience to help compliment an Ese'Ese, Saifiti x 2 and anyothers Brown does end up keeping.

At least we have attempted to target mainly decent players. That's a far cry from the pre Brown days.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
If I had to choose between Eseese and Pangai then I'm going Eseese every day of the week.

He is rock solid for a young bloke and can put in decent minutes. He was one of the few shining lights for Souths Logan last year and is only a young fella

In saying that though, we still need an older, experienced and decent prop or 2 if we are going to have a competitive pack. The young guys can't do it all themselves and need leadership. God knows Starling isn't cutting it

Neither Eseese or Pangai are off contract until 2018 though.

Glendale

Juniors
Ese'ese has been dropped from the Broncos side for tonight. Which probably indicates something is up.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Ese'ese has been dropped from the Broncos side for tonight. Which probably indicates something is up.

Haha hopefully, we all know how Wayne likes to drop players who are leaving or intending to leave.

It would be nice to pinch a couple of young up and comers from Brisbane for once rather than the other way around, then we could hear Wayne complain about how the salary cap doesn't work and how it doesn't allow clubs to keep their juniors and how disadvantaged his team is hahaha.

Swarzey

Bench
Fine with both news.

Guerra will walk into our starting backrow, Barnett on the bench will keep him fresh and that can move Buhrer up to hooker to give Levi a spell. SKD isn't the worst signing. I doubt we'll be paying him much anyway if we were to sign him.

PhilGould

Bench
The 7 News report about Guerra also said SKD will probably be released in the next week and could join us before June 30. This goes against Toohey saying Knights interest in him has dropped right off and also Brown this week saying there's no mid-season signings in the pipeline, so not sure if I believe it.

Frederick

Staff member
If we do sign SKD before June 30 I'd like to see this for the rest of the year:

1. Elliott
2. Ross
3. Pete Mat
4. SKD
5. Sio

Glue factory: Gagai

Latest posts