What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
How much is Mamo on? And when is he off-contract? I'll be happy to see him go
Not sure how much he's on but he's signed till the end of next season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him ask for a release if he isn't playing consistent first grade by the end of this season

Whats the bet that the dragons wont be paying any of his wage, unlike us who get f**ked over and end up paying half the wage of anyone who gets released.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Peter seems to have matured a lot. He will never be the star that Sione COULD be, but for us he can be a solid club man.

Also the gimmick alone of having all 4 brothers together would be great to see

perverse

Referee
Pete is a good pickup. He's made a first grader of himself, something we never really doubted he could do. He was never quite there as a fullback, but I can see him doing good things for us at centre.

Wouldn't mind Kevvie back tbh, either.

PhilGould

Bench
Denniss would be my next in line as a winger. I think Uate's been pretty good over the last few weeks though.

Sione and Pete in the centres could work really well. Both can set their wingers up. Neither is small. I would not be surprised if Browny gets the backs playing more from dummy half coming out of our end late in the half looking for tired markers. Chanel could replace either Ross or Uate if form dictates.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Good signing. Out of what is currently out there to buy with the teams limited $$.

Hopefully slots in for his brother Pat. As for the wingers. Ross has been strong past few weeks and Uate has been pretty solid except for his drop out fumble.

We pick on his defense a lot, but to be fair his inside defenders don't talk to each other and constantly leave him marking two on 1 leaving him to always make a choice to come in. I think he's playing better then previous years. Mamo and Chanel haven't had enough game time to really press.

Burwood

Bench
Uate seems to have a different centre defending inside of him every week. Don't think he's had the same teammate for two games in a row all season. Injuries, suspensions and concussions have played havoc with our backline's stability.

slotmachine

First Grade
Tapine>>>Tariq Sims

The Knights would still have money left over.

Problem was Tariq has a player option for 2017, so he can hang around on $$$ even if we didn't want him.

That said, the paper says today he's getting an upgrade for 2017. LOL if true, hagan must be wearing a mooney mask or something.

1qaz

Juniors
Problem was Tariq has a player option for 2017, so he can hang around on $$$ even if we didn't want him.

That said, the paper says today he's getting an upgrade for 2017. LOL if true, hagan must be wearing a mooney mask or something.

To think he was made one of the captains too :lol:
In all seriousness, Tapine is a big loss to the Knights. He was the only Knights forward that had footwork and nice offload in him.
I wouldn't have offered him 500k but when Tariq is getting 600k...

Spot On

Coach
To think he was made one of the captains too :lol:
In all seriousness, Tapine is a big loss to the Knights. He was the only Knights forward that had footwork and nice offload in him.
I wouldn't have offered him 500k but when Tariq is getting 600k...

Time will tell re Tapine. I'm glad we didn't pay 500K for a bloke that had started 1 first grade game. Kudos to him if he develops into a player worth that money in years to come. He would have been a dunce not to take the overs.

As for Tariq, there aren't too many positives. So far, he's been very good at getting suspended and sitting on the sideline. Would be nice to see him earn his $$$ with some red hot form for the remainder of the season but you can apply that statement to our other top 5 highest paid players, all of whom are playing well below par, the fullback included.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Pete Mata'Utia is a good signing IMO, doesn't sound like we're paying much and he's proven that he is a capable first grade player, it's probably not a bad thing for Pat, Chanel and Sione to have their brother back in town again as well.

You would think that he would slot in at left centre fairly comfortably and Pat will go back to NSW Cup. Pete and Sione sounds like a much better centre combo than Pat and Sione.

Latest posts