What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
Browny better be careful walking around town. He could get a knife in the back with Turton ' s finger prints all over it.

League_God

Juniors
Hot off the press.
Knights are making a play for Norman.
It may help Norman was best buds with Gagai at the Broncos.
Mullen will be moved on.

source?

I quite like Norman and think he'll suit Trent's game better than Mullen

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The Mole says the Bulldogs are interested in signing Snowden who is unhappy at the Knights. Says we wouldn't stand in his way if he asked for a release. This is from the Mole though so who knows.

Whilst I like aspects of Snowden's game once he gets match fit, I wouldn't be too disappointed if he left. The club needs players that are hungry to have the team doing well in FG. Snowden clearly has a sense of entitlement. Leilua had a sense of entitlement and now he is gone. Last year Roberts also appeared to be in a comfort zone also. Uate has been overweight at times which tells me that he has also been in a comfort zone.

The team needs players that are desperate to do well for the club as it will rub off on the other players. Having players like Korbin Sims and Sione who give it their all must be pissed when they see others cruising along.

Jono078

Referee
Not sure why Norman would want to leave when he's been with a struggling Parramatta for so long and they're on the cusp of being a top team and him being the hottest name in Parra along with Radradra.

But he would be a good signing if recent form is anything to go by.

Norman will leave Parra. He wants big dollars. Exactly why we can make a play all we want but he is not going to sign here. Pipe dream. Pls tell me how we come up with the $ when he knocked back nearly 2 million over three years.

Swarzey

Bench
Us giving him the money he wants would rank up there as one of the dumbest f**king ideas we've ever had even if we release enough players to have the cap space or find enough TPAs.

800k for a guy who has strung together 6 consistent games in his career. Yeah nah thanks.

mozza91

Coach
Us giving him the money he wants would rank up there as one of the dumbest f**king ideas we've ever had even if we release enough players to have the cap space or find enough TPAs.

800k for a guy who has strung together 6 consistent games in his career. Yeah nah thanks.

He was excellent in 2015 and has been one of the best players in the comp this season. Not worth 800k a year though. 600 or 650 at the absolute most for mine.

Joel-22

Juniors
He was excellent in 2015 and has been one of the best players in the comp this season. Not worth 800k a year though. 600 or 650 at the absolute most for mine.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in here who thinks this.

600K and it's a done deal for mine. Norman is a terrific player

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Problem is we would have to pay massive overs to get him here. Not worth $800k and as I've said before he wasn't capable of making a difference in a struggling Parra side over the last few years (before they bought a better team) so what impact would he have on our side? Also spending $800k on one player means we can kiss goodbye the idea of getting a new centre or fullback etc.

If we're going to spend big on an established player we would be much better off making a play for Coote, he would be perfect at Fullback for us and could even fill in at 5/8 if we needed.

Nuffy

Bench
Hot off the press.
Knights are making a play for Norman.
It may help Norman was best buds with Gagai at the Broncos.
Mullen will be moved on.

I just dont see it.

1 We have cap problems already.
2 He wants 600k plus
3 Mullen has a year to run on his deal.

Spot On

Coach

This exactly.

The bloke as been very good this year. He is showing consistently that he has multiple options every time he has the ball in hand at the attacking end of the field. He looks to be reading the game and has a fair bit of time as well. There's no doubt he is continually improving.

That said, I just can't see how non-rep players should be paid like superstars. 800K a season is ludicrous.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Not saying he is worth $800K but saying he "is a non rep player so doesnt deserve that money" is a bit unfair

If he was NSW eligible he'd be a rep player. If he didnt have such monumental talents in front of him he'd be a rep player

Fact remains is he is probably the 2nd best 5/8 in the comp behind Milford and deserves to be paid better than "rep players" like Pearce, Widdop and Johnson

Spot On

Coach
Not saying he is worth $800K but saying he "is a non rep player so doesnt deserve that money" is a bit unfair

If he was NSW eligible he'd be a rep player. If he didnt have such monumental talents in front of him he'd be a rep player

Fact remains is he is probably the 2nd best 5/8 in the comp behind Milford and deserves to be paid better than "rep players" like Pearce, Widdop and Johnson

If he was as good as the 'monumental talents' he'd be earning their income. He'd be playing in their positions in rep teams. He aint so he's not. I think there's a few 5/8 in front of him at this stage.

You could use your theory for lots of players. The facts are, the very top players in the comp are earning the dollars he's after. There are some players though who are on huge dollars that in hindsight should not be. I wouldn't want this club paying rep dollars for a bloke that isn't going to be playing rep footy in the position he plays. I would think he'd have to put a few seasons of top performances together to be banging on that door.

Even at 600 to 650K he's earning very good money for the resume he has so far and the potential he is showing.

As for Widdop, he surely aint on too much. I read 500 - 550K which is what we are paying Mullo so I agree Norman should feel he's entitled to a bit more than those two. 300K more though????

Last edited:

otori

Juniors

He's also behind Morgan easily. I'd rather have Austin and Maloney as well but thats just my opinion

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Paying $800k for Norman just isn't worth it IMO, we are still suffering the salary cap effects of having Uate on way too much coin, I can't justify paying $800k for a guy who has never even been in the rep teams conversation or even played one really good NRL season for that matter.

We would be much better off at this stage going with the old Brian Smith model of picking up dollar dazzler bargain buys, guys who will come cheap but have plenty of room to improve at our club. We can build a squad with even quality and some decent depth over the next couple of years and start putting ourselves back into finals contention.

PhilGould

Bench
Why are we even talking about Norman? There's been nothing that says we're interested nor that says he's interested.

macavity

Referee
$800k is do-able for some teams, not for us by a loooong way.

Norman to our current squad takes us from 16th to 12th.... and eats up 13% of our cap (or, over 3 average salary players), meaning we would have to shed some of our "better paid" players and replace them with... what?

Crazy talk.