What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Frederick

Staff member
Saw it. It won't happen. The NRL and the larger clubs will shoot it down, just like they shot down Browney when he said about extra reserves for concussion

Seemed to be a consensus on transparency with the TPAs on the Footy Show.
I checked out regular payments to top players a few days ago and, from the info I had, some are on $800,000 without the TPA. How much of that is cap and how much s marquee and long-term payments wasn't clear.
On top of that is TPA with some having large media deals (like Slater).

Spot On

Coach
I've heard (via radio outlets) over the course of this week, 3 different journos state Brisbane have $2.4 million in TPA's this year.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
What laws will prevent transparency of TPA's being published? A simple figure for each club is a starting point. I don't care how much an individual earns but I sure do care about the total of TPa $$$$ each club has registered with the NRL each season.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
NRL will never do it, removes the illusion of a fair comp.

Penrith offering tamou a 4 year 3 million dollar deal, lol.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
I think you're wrong there. The noise is growing louder and louder. There is no illusion anymore. I have no doubt there will be change around the rules to TPA's in the near future.

macavity

Referee
Wont happen in Australia. We have vastly different privacy laws to the US where sportsmans salarys are public domain

Yeah, not true at all.

In fact there are requirements to publish the remuneration of executives for listed companies. For example.

There is absolutely no reason, Other than allow room for dodgy goings on, for lack of transparency on this.

macavity

Referee
I think you're wrong there. The noise is growing louder and louder. There is no illusion anymore. I have no doubt there will be change around the rules to TPA's in the near future.

They won't change anything. The noise will die down, and they will move on to the next self inflicted crisis.

There is no desire by the NRL (controlled by the rich clubs) to change the system.

Johns Magic

Referee
Good to hear we were chasing Bukuya. I think he is the sort of guy we should be targeting.

Does anyone have an off-contract list for the whole league ?

Noname36

First Grade
Other than liking to replace Tariq I'm fairly happy with how our forwards are building. We need to clean out most of the backs though.

That's quite a first for us.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I read today that David Mead is going on the open market because he's not getting a shot at FB at the Gold Coast.

This would be a really solid signing IMO. He's got plenty of experience whilst still being relatively young, he's played heaps of FB in his career, he's a good support player with a strong running game and he's absolutely safe as houses at the back, also I rate him as one of the best defensive fullbacks in the comp, some of the try savers he's pulled off this year have been stunning!

Also I doubt he would want big money so we could get him without necessarily paying too much. Also it would allow us to play Dane at centre and get rid of Pat Mata'Utia.

Just an idea of course but what do people think? I definitely rate this guy and he would bring a lot to our club IMO.

League_God

Juniors
I read today that David Mead is going on the open market because he's not getting a shot at FB at the Gold Coast.

This would be a really solid signing IMO. He's got plenty of experience whilst still being relatively young, he's played heaps of FB in his career, he's a good support player with a strong running game and he's absolutely safe as houses at the back, also I rate him as one of the best defensive fullbacks in the comp, some of the try savers he's pulled off this year have been stunning!

Also I doubt he would want big money so we could get him without necessarily paying too much. Also it would allow us to play Dane at centre and get rid of Pat Mata'Utia.

Just an idea of course but what do people think? I definitely rate this guy and he would bring a lot to our club IMO.

Would be one of the best signings we've pulled off in recent years.

Love the bloke, he's a huge talent. Probably should have played origin by now.

Would walk into our fullback position

Jono078

Referee
I'm a big fan of David Mead. If the price is right he'd be a good signing. Can comfortably play anywhere in the backline.