What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Joel-22

Juniors
Agree on Tariq. He has done a good job of looking the part and getting paid for it, but he is no competitor. Have we ever actually looked any stronger for having him in the team?

He can leave and I honestly will have no fond memories of him. Not saying that in a nasty way. But I genuinely can't remember a special moment he has had with the club since he arrived. Just him looking tough but not playing it, and making no difference to a result. Being suspended constantly.

aint that the truth

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I don't see Korbin bring a risk to leave. He has always stated his career isn't judged to where his brothers are. Runs his own life.

slotmachine

First Grade
Canberra is about the least desirable place in Australia. Canberra the football club has a few advantages over Newcastle. We could afford to pay transfer fees for British players for example but besides that both small cities nicer weather in Newcastle.

I've been where you guys are. Probably worse (with signings) because we had all those high profile players backflip. It was the signing of waqa that stopped the bleeding. Sure we probably paid overs but it convinced other players we weren't a sinking ship.

Whoever is running the commercial side of the leagues club have half a brain between them, so you are rich.
We have no such luxuries and are poor.

We are poor and stupid.

Spot On

Coach
Are we being a bit harsh on Tariq? I think he would have nearly earned his money if we had signed him for 120K a season. Nearly. :D

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I feel that the 1.5 years Tariq has spent with us so far pretty much sums up the problems with this club over the past 10 years or so. He's been over-paid and has actually gone backwards from the player he was before he came here (when he's on the field that is) and most of it seems to be lack of effort rather than lack of ability. His lack of effort to stop Luke Brooks going through the line last week pretty much said it all. He's lazy and doesn't seem to care about the club as much as he says he does. Good riddance and hopefully we can buy some young guys who come here and are hungry to make a name for themselves.

Also I don't want to lose Korbin either but if he can't handle making his own decisions and playing away from his brother then he's not the kind of player we need at our club.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Apparently we'll be getting Jake Marketo and Will Mathews in return for releasing Tariq early.
Mathews could turn into a very good player. A bit up and down but he's had some excellent games in FG. Hopefully Brown could get the best out of him.

Marketo is plod, though.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I'll take Marketo if it means we get Mathews!! Mathews has great potential I feel. And to be honest. Marketo is a step up on FitzGibbon. Young fella doesn't seem to have the body to bash opponents. Tends to be other way and never makes many meters.

Isnt Fitzgibbon the player that people were worried Wayne Bennett would poach back to Brisbane? I thought peopl had huge wraps on him at some point?

Unless I have mixed him up with someone else?

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Huge hopes more then anything I think, his dominance he was showing in 20's hasn't followed through to NRL level for his physicality yet. Maybe never.

We are better off looking at options at other clubs. See who might consider moving. Swaps are an act of taking a consolation prize. Ask yourself were we ever after Marketo or Matthews prior to this. Chances are no.

Swarzey

Bench
Other news going around, perhaps slightly depressing news depending on how you rate him, is that Ross is being encouraged to take an ESL offer as Brown won't budge on the deal he wants.

TruSaint

Referee
Mathews could turn into a very good player. A bit up and down but he's had some excellent games in FG. Hopefully Brown could get the best out of him.

Marketo is plod, though.

Mathews is a gun player... Full of heart and plays good minutes. Has an offload in him and can hit hard in attack and defence. Has played centre as well, so has speed. If you guys end up with him you wont be disappointed. I rate him highly.

slotmachine

First Grade
Other news going around, perhaps slightly depressing news depending on how you rate him, is that Ross is being encouraged to take an ESL offer as Brown won't budge on the deal he wants.

All hail king Browny. This is the only way to get out of the cap mess.

perverse

Referee
That's about as depressing as a Saturday morning blowjob. f**king kidding himself if he wants more than a pie and coke contract. Ross and his nonsense showboating can piss right off for all I care. Completely inconsequential.

Nuffy

Bench

Shame as he has always put in but hes worth what hes worth and its not massive money. We won't be signing wingers to long term big money contracts anymore.

Wing should be filled by young players who are destined for FG in another position, to prepare and blood them.

Nuffy

Bench
We are better off looking at options at other clubs. See who might consider moving. Swaps are an act of taking a consolation prize. Ask yourself were we ever after Marketo or Matthews prior to this. Chances are no.

Correct, we need to ensure we are a net gainer out of this release, not getting cast offs.