What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
McKinnon has been playing second-row on the left side the last few weeks I think you'll find. Edwards has been at lock, with Costigan coming on and spelling him.
Yeah, I've noticed this too. It's good to see because McKinnon has looked a lot better since moving to the second row. When he was coming on and playing lock, he tried hard, but I thought he looked a bit one dimensional for a while there.

It's also good to have Edwards back to where he's best at - in the middle. I know he gets a lot of criticism from most, including me, but I've gotta say his footwork at the line and quick play-the-balls have given us a fair bit of momentum lately.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah I'm pretty sure Bennett just saved all the hassle of shuffling his team sheet around and just did the direct swap on paper, but that Edwards has shifted in and McKinnon is now on the left.

The roles they seem to be playing certainly suggest that to me anyway.

K-Man

Bench
Maybe so, but Bennett has been using him as our starting lock for the last three weeks and I don't think that will change too much in the closing rounds.

If he does have the potential to be devastating in attack, then I can't see the harm of letting him play lock and giving him a bit more freedom to pop up on the left or right edge during the game like he has been recently.

Numbers don't mean anything. He's been playing edge back-row. The numbers had Jeremy Smith playing second-row and Anthony Tupou lock the other night, but again it was the complete opposite.

I'd rather have guys like Houston, Costigan, Edwards and Jeremy Smith burdened with defensive duties in the middle than McKinnon, who is building perfectly towards being a damaging and creative wide runner.

For McKinnon it's all about playing like another centre, getting him one-on-one and in overlap situations as much as possible, rather than have him truck it up the centre getting hit in 3-man tackles and making 35 tackles a game himself.

perverse

Referee
kyle O'donnell gone to the panthers
two year deal
Whats with the panthers taking so many of our players?
its kind of funny

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/ODonnell-signs-with-Penrith/60759
Now you know how the Dragons have felt for years about us. Good luck to KOD... I think it's a shame he never got a real chance to ply his trade here... but he probably never earned it, either. The Panthers have signed him off 7 odd minutes of promise, and not much else.

Burwood

Bench
That's the sort of signing that really bugs me- KOD leaves with a lot of unknowns over his potential and what could have been had he been able to play more first grade in his time with the club.

I'd rather Penrith sign him on the back of a breakout year compared to him playing 9 minutes and never really having the chance to show Newcastle fans whether he was as good as was hoped.

RABK

Referee
Such a shame his brother chose not to come here when we were after him. I would've liked to have been able to name an all time Knights pack of

8. Paul Harragon
9. Danny Buderus
10. Matt Parsons
11. Steve Simpson
12. Luke O'Donnell
13. Ben Kennedy

So much hurt to be dished out.

Good luck to KOD, as a blues fan i hope he kicks on. We need big, young and aggressive forwards coming through so we might be some shot at winning a few series back over the next decade.

Yosh

Coach
If this happened a couple of years back, I would have felt real angry we lost another good prospect. However, now it seems that we have the goods and that he wasn't gonna get a look so he had to go elsewhere. I hope he kicks on well and maybe returns as a really good player in the future!

Yosh

Coach
What rock have you been living under....

? I don't understand your hate agenda against me but I've been in South Korea for the past 2 years and you'll have to excuse me if i've missed some news that might be common knowledge for folk still back home. I watch all the knights games and try to keep myself updated but it's hard living in a country that doesn't know the difference between rugby league and professional wrestling.

So what have i missed exactly mr mute? For someone who is supposed to be mute, you sure do talk alot of shit.

jonno_knights

Juniors
? I don't understand your hate agenda against me but I've been in South Korea for the past 2 years and you'll have to excuse me if i've missed some news that might be common knowledge for folk still back home. I watch all the knights games and try to keep myself updated but it's hard living in a country that doesn't know the difference between rugby league and professional wrestling.

So what have i missed exactly mr mute? For someone who is supposed to be mute, you sure do talk alot of shit.

He got in trouble for flicking beer at Willie Tonga. :sarcasm:

His biggest crime has been shacking up with Palivi for a period of time.

But seriously, I dont think he has done anything to warrant not being considered a nice guy, other then the unfortunate 'honour' of being a QLDer. Not the sharpest tool in the Shed, but always seems to be in good spirits.

K-Man

Bench

One of your best Yosh!!

I think you're doing better to keep track of everything than I managed when overseas for two years. Plans to come back any time soon?

Gee's to piss off the biggest sweetheart on these forums I must be giving you a bit!

My apologies and I'll try to tone it down a little.

Go Knights?

Burwood

Bench
I think it's time Thurston got in touch with PETA and Hillsong- he really needs to clean up his image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts