What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we wanted anyone from Bradford it is Elliott Whitehead. Going to be a gun. It is a shame The Bulls look likely to fold cos they have some very impressive youngsters coming through. The ESL in general has a generation of proper talent coming through. Their junior sides are very impressive. Tough kids with plenty of skill. George Burgess is regarded as better than his brothers at the same age by some.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
If we wanted anyone from Bradford it is Elliott Whitehead. Going to be a gun. It is a shame The Bulls look likely to fold cos they have some very impressive youngsters coming through. The ESL in general has a generation of proper talent coming through. Their junior sides are very impressive. Tough kids with plenty of skill. George Burgess is regarded as better than his brothers at the same age by some.

What the hell did the Burgess mum feed her kids... They are all so damn good!

I've never heard anyone say that, Sam had played for England when he was younger than George is now.

Yes that is true. It's like anything though. Pure opinion. I think it was a BBC commentator or hack who said it. Was a while back. I don't agree personally. Sam is the complete package.

Burwood

Bench
He must be being re-signed as a lock.

Beau Scott will have the right side and McKinnon the left I imagine.

Makes you wonder where Jeremy Smith would fit actually. I would still love to land him. He would be the boss in our pack.

I think McKinnon will be our most likely lock next year. Leave Houston out on the edges where he has been pretty good recently.

With Tyrone's rise to prominence over the last six weeks do we need to be purely chasing a gun prop for 2014? Tamou will be hard for NQ to hold onto i believe as JT will be a million a season player by then, if tv rights go the way they predict.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
With Tyrone's rise to prominence over the last six weeks do we need to be purely chasing a gun prop for 2014? Tamou will be hard for NQ to hold onto i believe as JT will be a million a season player by then, if tv rights go the way they predict.

JT is thirty next year. No spring chicken anymore. No premiership. Some of these QLD are lucky they have Origin because a lot of them have won zip outside that arena.

Still could happen this year but the Cows just don't seem to win away from home.

Burwood

Bench
I think McKinnon will be devastating on the edge next year.

Maybe so, but Bennett has been using him as our starting lock for the last three weeks and I don't think that will change too much in the closing rounds.

If he does have the potential to be devastating in attack, then I can't see the harm of letting him play lock and giving him a bit more freedom to pop up on the left or right edge during the game like he has been recently.

chinorocks

Juniors
JT is thirty next year. No spring chicken anymore. No premiership. Some of these QLD are lucky they have Origin because a lot of them have won zip outside that arena.

Still could happen this year but the Cows just don't seem to win away from home.

Thurston won in 2004 with the Dogs.

Johns Magic

Referee
Maybe so, but Bennett has been using him as our starting lock for the last three weeks and I don't think that will change too much in the closing rounds.

If he does have the potential to be devastating in attack, then I can't see the harm of letting him play lock and giving him a bit more freedom to pop up on the left or right edge during the game like he has been recently.

McKinnon has been playing second-row on the left side the last few weeks I think you'll find. Edwards has been at lock, with Costigan coming on and spelling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts