What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
If we got Poore and Smith we can fairly say we have recruited pretty solidly in comparison to how it looked 3-4 months ago. Poore is a very solid player. He has been unwanted at Parra for a while plus had injuries. Kearney not a fan of his for whatever reason and Stuart needs cap space with Hopate coming in 2014. At 27 Poore has plenty left. I think there are plenty of reasons for a rep player losing ground at clubs. Money is the biggest but personality can't be disregarded. Cleary sacking Lewis shows that to be true. It wasn't for effort or talent purposes.

Yeah well said. I do agree with you that if we get the 2 mentioned then our recruiting has been adequate.

Poore as been playing piss poor (pun intended) in his time at Paramatta. There could obviously be a number of reasons behind this. Having ordinary forwards around him definitely wouldn't have helped. Hindmarsh and Moimoi have been on the decline and it's much easier doing a hit up when the previous player gained a bit of momentum.

I'd be happy to sign Poore, as a change of clubs may be what he needs.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Bennett was on the Brisbane MMM dead set legends show this morning and he said we had one signing confirmed that will be announced in the coming weeks and one signing we are still working out.

So that's two more recruits for next year. My guess is the first one is Smith with Baptiste or Poore being the second

I'd sincerely like Smith as a priority even though we desperately we need a prop more, we just lack an enforcer and he is crazy scary.

Such a shame RE costigan doing his arm his never been the same since the civo injury, maybe once petero retires he might get the agro back?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Young Baptiste had a blinder for Norths yesterday in their semi against Ipswich. Scored a try, was dangerous from dummy half, kicked a 40/20 and nailed some big forwards in defence.

The CM had a story about him today saying he is contracted to the Donkeys for 2013 and that he is willing to wait his turn for an NRL spot. I hope Wayne can lure him to us because he is looking like a real good prospect

Johns Magic

Referee
Young Baptiste had a blinder for Norths yesterday in their semi against Ipswich. Scored a try, was dangerous from dummy half, kicked a 40/20 and nailed some big forwards in defence.

The CM had a story about him today saying he is contracted to the Donkeys for 2013 and that he is willing to wait his turn for an NRL spot. I hope Wayne can lure him to us because he is looking like a real good prospect

Well McCullough is what...21 or 22? I hope Baptiste is willing to wait another decade.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think Hunt might get moved soon so a bench hooker spot isn't out of the question for Baptiste. Much rather see him here though

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah true mate, I meant it's a possibility but not a likely outcome. I guess he either sticks it out and backs himself to take Mcs spot or cuts ties and moves to another club.

Johns Magic

Referee
Does anyone know anything about this bloke? He was signed in March:

Inoke gains Newcastle Knights scholarship

13:01 Fri Mar 16, 2012

Inoke%20gains%20Newcastle%20Knights%20scholarship_300x200.jpg

Taken from/By:
Report by: Eleina McDonald

18-year old Tikiko Inoke is the latest successful secondary schools rugby league player to get a scholarship with the Newcastle Knights.

Inoke joins Lomary Secondary schoolboy, Andrea Cocagi for a trip to Australia at the end of the year.

Fiji National Rugby League general manager, Steve McLellan says they will continue to monitor players during weekend competitions.

“Last week we signed on behalf of the Newcastle Knights, Tikiko Inoke from the Lautoka Central College who also plays with the Lautoka Crushers club. He’s real excited and we’ve spoken to him about the hard work that comes with that and what is expected of him.”

http://www.fbc.com.fj/sports/933/inoke-gains-newcastle-knights-scholarship

I've found a couple of articles talking him up but am struggling to find out what position he is:

Tikiko, Central shine

Zanzeer Singh
Sunday, April 15, 2012

THE Inoke Tikiko-captained Lautoka Central College team defeated Ratu Kadavulevu School 14-10 in the feature match of the Vodafone Fiji Secondary Schools Rugby League Under-18 quarter final at the Natabua High School ground yesterday.

Tikiko the 18 year old who has been granted a scholarship with the Newcastle Knights marshalled his team well in heavy underfoot conditions caused by the early morning rain.

Lautoka Central College with the backing of the home support managed to hold off a stiff challenge from the powerful RKS team.

Fiji National Rugby League general manager Steve McLellan was impressed with the standard of rugby league on display despite the wet conditions.

http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=198593

Apparently we also signed Cocagi but it sounds like he has been released and is now playing union.

Spot On

Coach
Well McCullough is what...21 or 22? I hope Baptiste is willing to wait another decade.

Not sure if McCullough is turning out to be the star Brisbane were hoping for. I know he's young, but he know has 100 games under the belt. Has he been killing it???

Joker's Wild

Coach
Mc has certainly come along this season from the inconsistant player he was over the last few years. Even at the start of the year he was flakey until, coincidently, Baptiste was picked a few times off the bench and looked like showing him up.

cram

Bench
Barry Toohey in the Tele today, sorry cant find a link says Baptise wants too much money so deals off.

Jono078

Referee
Barry Toohey in the Tele today, sorry cant find a link says Baptise wants too much money so deals off.
I can't EVER recall a young kid not signing after basically giving them a starting job and them denying the contract because the money isn't good enough.

Doesn't sounds like his head is screwed on too well..

I am glad we don't pander to prima donna footballers. Baptiste can stay where he is if that is his alleged attitude. We got probably the most exciting new backline talent in the form of Gagai. Hopefully we will get some news on Poore and Smith this week.

Last edited:

CJG 182

Juniors
Because he is garbage and a waste of money.

Watch last nights game for an example of what I don't like - dominated in just about every tackle. We would be better off saving money and bringing up existing squad members.

Burwood

Bench
The way players move about mid season these days it is almost worth keeping an extra $100,000 of your cap on hand just to be able to make a good play at somebody if they do come onto the market suddenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts