What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats Doing

Bench
Is anyone aware of any others we are linked to.

I was reading an article today, cant recall where, that Poore is gone from Parra

Tom155

Coach
Is anyone aware of any others we are linked to.

I was reading an article today, cant recall where, that Poore is gone from Parra
not 1st grade but in rlw mole section last week it says Luke Brooks from the tigers is being chased hard by bennett

RABK

Referee
Brooks is a gun young half. He has some of the biggest wraps i've ever seen placed upon a 17 year old. Those amongst the WT community think he'll be an absolute superstar. I've heard one guy describe him as 'simply dominant' and the most naturally gifted halfback he's ever seen.

Big wraps on a kid but sometimes when everyone, including nearly every single NRL coach, has the same opinions of him after watching him play then you have to sit up and take notice.

Tom155

Coach
Brooks is a gun young half. He has some of the biggest wraps i've ever seen placed upon a 17 year old. Those amongst the WT community think he'll be an absolute superstar. I've heard one guy describe him as 'simply dominant' and the most naturally gifted halfback he's ever seen.

Big wraps on a kid but sometimes when everyone, including nearly every single NRL coach, has the same opinions of him after watching him play then you have to sit up and take notice.
sound very impressive the kid i really rate atm is luke keary from souths u20's he's a superstar in the making imo

Last edited:

Whats Doing

Bench
He also made the Australian Schoolboys side. I have only seen one game this year by Holy Cross and the one that really impressed me was his halves partner - Mitchell Moses.

Now this kid is a gun but unlikely we would ever get him being Benny Elias nephew.

Parra are as guilty as we are of letting local juniors go that go on to bigger things. Paul Gallen would top Parras list. As for non local juniors, we lost the signature of Steve Renouf in 1988 cos some tool thought he was too small for first grade. Greatest attacking centre of his generation.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Brent Kite has been given permission by Manly to look for another club

We need another quality prop and even though I dont rate him that highly, he would be a decent addition for the right price

BKT

Juniors

We need another quality prop and even though I dont rate him that highly, he would be a decent addition for the right price

He couldn't be any worse than Snowden, who has been totally useless this season.

RABK

Referee
Snowden had an average year but try to remember he was plagued by chronic neck and back pain for a year which he carried right through the pre season and into 2012. He was essentially cut down in his prime as when the injuries flared up in 2011 he was a current Origin and Australian prop averaging about 150m a game.

Those injuries obviously set him back a far way because he looked fat, slow and passive for all of 2012. I hope 6 months off will see him back to 100% fitness and health for 2013 and we might see 2010 Snowden return.

BKT

Juniors
Snowden had an average year but try to remember he was plagued by chronic neck and back pain for a year which he carried right through the pre season and into 2012. He was essentially cut down in his prime as when the injuries flared up in 2011 he was a current Origin and Australian prop averaging about 150m a game.

Those injuries obviously set him back a far way because he looked fat, slow and passive for all of 2012. I hope 6 months off will see him back to 100% fitness and health for 2013 and we might see 2010 Snowden return.

Then he would be value for money.

Aside from looking like he isn't the full quid.

He looks scared every time he hits the line, only front rower out there to run sideways.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
A few years ago Kite was an outstanding front rower. I have a mate that's a Dragons supporter and he was always dirty that the club kept Ryles and let Kite go.

Kite has been with Manly for a long time, so maybe he has been getting stale there and needs a change of scenery to bring out his best.

I read in the Daily Telegraph yesterday that Justin Poore is expected to talk to the knights this week. The knights and an English Superleague club are favourites to sign him.

If we got Poore and Smith we can fairly say we have recruited pretty solidly in comparison to how it looked 3-4 months ago. Poore is a very solid player. He has been unwanted at Parra for a while plus had injuries. Kearney not a fan of his for whatever reason and Stuart needs cap space with Hopate coming in 2014. At 27 Poore has plenty left. I think there are plenty of reasons for a rep player losing ground at clubs. Money is the biggest but personality can't be disregarded. Cleary sacking Lewis shows that to be true. It wasn't for effort or talent purposes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts