What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

otori

Juniors
Matt Gidely was asked recruitment questions on the Knights Insider. Specifically, sounded like they'd talked to Baptiste and had left it there. He said Sims and VaiVai were moving up next year and there were still spots left in the squad for signings though no mention of who.

voltron

Juniors
i found it interesting in the knightsinsider, when midley was talking about replacements for buderus, Chris Adam's name was nowhere to be found.
i suppose they werent satisfied with what he showed in nrl and nswrl?

man im itching for some more signing news

Not as much as u will be itching next year Voltron. I can assure you that we are firmly chasing some big names as of November. RABK will probably have more info than me but one is a halfback. A very very good one. Just a matter if his mail is the same as mine. We were making a play for Rob Burrow but Wayne changed his mind when he got the going rate.

Whats Doing

Bench
Not as much as u will be itching next year Voltron. I can assure you that we are firmly chasing some big names as of November. RABK will probably have more info than me but one is a halfback. A very very good one. Just a matter if his mail is the same as mine. We were making a play for Rob Burrow but Wayne changed his mind when he got the going rate.

That would indicate to me that would be for the 2014 season.

I doubt we have much dough left under the cap if The Smith signing is correct. Poore seems to think it is 2009. If i was a 27 year old needing career resurrection i would take whatever Bennett offered cos if he gets it right he will be worth good money once again.

Last edited:

red and blue

Juniors
Was reading in todays paper and Barry Toohey says that we have signed David Faalogo for next year. Apparently he has been playing in the super league since his contract was torn up for punching Jason Taylor on South Sydneys mad monday in 2009. He is 32 turning 33 next year it also says that we have signed Jeremy Smith and that will be announced as soon as Cronulla are finished for the year.

In another article it says that the Knights have signed Phil Coles as the team Physio for next season. He was the physio for the Soccerroos in 2010 and has been the head of physio for Liverpool in the EPL.

Rod

Bench
We must have signed him for peanuts, surely.

Wayne looking to bring an aggression/lunatic factor to our pack?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I hope Wayne Bennett decides on avoiding mad monday in 2013 :sarcasm:

I generally am a fan of signing seasoned players when the team is challenging for a title. Look what happened with David Fairleigh in 2000, Marquet in 2001 etc. However when a team is middle of the road, I don't see a great deal of benefit from it. At best, what generally happens is that the experienced player retires before the team becomes one of the contenders and the club isn't able to utilise their services on Rugby leagues biggest stage.

Toohey has got his info wrong before. Fa'alago is not a player i would imagine Wayne chasing. Maybe they made it up to stop him harassing them. On a brighter note Jeremy Smith had a fair game yesterday. Looks like we won't have him for the first couple of rounds unless the trials count as games missed still. High shot on report.

shane1970

Juniors
Anyone watch the U20's Warriors -v- Raiders game yesterday ?
See that MONSTER of a fella called Toka LIKILIKI - signed by the Knights for 2 years !
He is one HUGE human being - extremely damaging ball runner - although only a boy - reckon he wont mature till after the 2 years - so here's hoping he remains for a while

Another big Islander kid beating up on other kids because they develop quicker.

Ill believe he is the real deal when I see it. These kids often fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.