What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KempoKnight

Juniors
And here's another thing I love about next season. The rumours.
Who's going where and for how much.
Bennett to Souths, Idris to Newcastle, Boyd to Titans. Sometimes the rumours were even proved right.
Well, here's one I heard this week.
The Knights are negotiating with Israel Folau.
Maybe not for next season, but this could be the first rumour you hear about the next season after next season.
And when it comes to next season, there's nothing like getting in early.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/theres-a-reason-for-next-season/story-e6frepbx-1226080851349

voltron

Juniors
i saw this on the facebook site (yes i know)
but if we could get heighingtonthat would be great
would prefer bird
but still heighington would be great

rnb11

Juniors
I'd love Heighington at the club but I read he's only allowed to go to SL if he ever left the Tigers..

Yosh

Coach
Not a HUGE fan... He goes okay but will be asking for way too much. He is overrated a tad imo.

Byron Knight

Juniors
The tigers fans don't seem to concerned with him going. Seem to describe him a little like Matt Hilder. Good work rate, but no big impact. OK player, but I don't think we need him. Yes, a step up from some of our existing backrowers, but for what he would cost, no thanks.

Spot On

Coach
Yes, Heighington has a very high work rate. The difference between he and Matty H would be that Chris probably makes more metres per hit up. He does however, tend to play little wider than Matt when running the ball.

perverse

Referee
more importantly, i feel his best football is behind him. not a horrible pickup, but i think the NRL has seen his best already.

RHCP

Bench
Heighington is overrated. Don't get all the hype, plus we've already got some workhorse backrowers in Hilder and House.

If I was going to go after a tigers forward to sign up then it would be Simon Dwyer. I so hope that kid is ok cos origin is only a matter of when. His technique needs work but he can put a shot on and then some.

Whats Doing

Bench
Not a signing but Riley Brown is returning to Newcastle next year as his fiancee has cancer and wants to move closer to family. Also Daine Laurie has signed for Macquarie and is playing next week.

Perth Knights

Juniors
Not a signing but Riley Brown is returning to Newcastle next year as his fiancee has cancer and wants to move closer to family. Also Daine Laurie has signed for Macquarie and is playing next week.

A big NO to Riley Brown, but Dane Laurie would be a handy pickup ... and cheap too given he is looking to play again in the NRL. Could place some hefty conditions in his contract to safe guard against bad behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts