What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick

Staff member
No way in hell do I want Carney here. Second only to Mundine in terms of the cancerous effect he has on clubs.

Last edited:

Jubes

Juniors
Didn't know which other thread to put this in, so......what you guys think about Carney, assuming he were to be cut loose by the Roosters? I know it's probably been discussed before, but given recent developments, would we be happy to take a punt on him and hope Wayne can pull him into line?

I thought of seeing him in the red and blue almost makes me dry heave, big no.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Todd Carney was shown up by two rookie halves in our home game against the Roosters this year. We have better options...

Given Bennett's history of adopting a strict code of conduct you would be led to believe that there is absolutely zero chance we will sign Todd carney. Also there is the small issue of a maxed out salary cap.

RHCP

Bench
Steve had a genuine dig in the limited game time he had. Hope he goes well in the ESL.

Stig, Roberts, Mullen, Gidley, Boyd - no room and no need for Carney.

Noname36

First Grade
Although this spine playing to potential would be amazing:

1. Boyd
6. Carney
7. Mullen
9. Gidley

...It's just not worth the issues that could arise by having Carney's influence at the club.

Matt23

Staff member
...although being out of Sydney might do him some good, but still no thanks

perverse

Referee
Bennett is about the only bloke i'd fancy that might be able to turn his career around... but i don't want him... because -

a) i'm not sure even Bennett could do it
b) i'm not sure he'd bother to try

Carney could be anything with the right mentor... but i doubt he'll ever get it after all that's transpired.

Yosh

Coach
Why should we (as a club) even bother? It's not like we have Dureau and Chris Bailey in the halves anymore. If that was the case then maybe but we have genuinely talented halves now in Mullen, Stig, Roberts.

Frederick

Staff member
Last year is so last year. Carney has been shit this year, and back to his old tricks. If the Roosters had an ounce of dignity they'll sack him, but we all know that won't happen.

LOLZ @ the Todd Carney calls, if we want to be a laughing stock like the Roosters now are and Canberra were then lets go go go.

Great bloke to turn a promising crop of youngins into pissheads!

Status
Not open for further replies.