What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono078

Referee
How or why would we let Sims go? His brothers are going good and we've heard this one is gonna be just as good.

It's gonna be someone else. They'd never say the Storm have signed a shit under 20's player, he's trying to sell papers..

Allstar Knights

Juniors
The only U20's players the media would class as good, are Sims, Smith, Mann and maybe Redman.

O'Donnell, Cook and Likiliki are all senior players now, so it can't be them.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
I remember that 20's game earlier in the year when Mann tore us apart, I thought this guy can play. Shocked the knights would let him slip away but looks like we got a gem in this kid, good stuff.

Seage

Juniors
Might be a loss but who knows. At this point I don't really care. There are a million young kids who are good, or creative or some other bullshit, then go nowhere.

He'll be replaceable.

Rod

Bench
Question regarding the cap:

Let's say Wes is on 180k. Hypothetically, if we were to offer him to the Raiders on the condition that we pay half his wage, would that 90k we are paying him remain part of our cap? Or would it free up 180k in our cap and we just have to pay the 90k out of our own pocket outside of the cap?

Noname36

First Grade
Mann is good and it could come back to hurt us but all I care at the moment was that it wasn't Sims.

rnb11

Juniors
Question regarding the cap:

Let's say Wes is on 180k. Hypothetically, if we were to offer him to the Raiders on the condition that we pay half his wage, would that 90k we are paying him remain part of our cap? Or would it free up 180k in our cap and we just have to pay the 90k out of our own pocket outside of the cap?

The 90k would go towards the cap. No matter how much the difference is it'll always come out of the salary cap.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Apparently Linked to Stagg.

At least his not an ex-Dragon, but an Ex-Bronco under Bennett would still have the usual suspects coming out of the woodwork if we signed him.

perverse

Referee
ok, i've had a good think about it... and Stagg would be an excellent replacement for Costigan, who can piss right off to the bench, reserve grade or a different club. happy to have him, he's a bloody hard worker. will bring a quality attitude with him.

Jono078

Referee
Id be happy to have Stagg if it does mean we offload Costigan and Edwards. I won't cop keeping 3 or 2 of them here though.

perverse

Referee
well, if we've got Scott and Stagg is coming... it would only leave 1 slot left in the starting team as far as backrowers go. is it still Houses? he's been doing everything he can to lose the spot lately.

For a bloke who has endured far worse than contract renewal doubts I find House's lack of composure a bother. He looks desperate to me at times. Not getting any guarantees he will be here next season won't help. He can get a new deal. The most likely of the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts