What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
The only thing that bothers me with signing Stagg, is that our starting backrow will have no attacking flair. A backrow of Scott, Houston and Stagg is not going to threaten teams by any stretch.

If we can sign a good attacking, wide running backrower, then Stagg is a good signing.

justagamemate

Juniors
We should look at Brendon Gibb from the Broncos. He played yesterday and went alright. Apparently he's been playing well in QLD Cup. He plays prop and is obivously behind Hannant, McGuire, Anderson and co.

jonno_knights

Juniors
A prop rotation of Snowden/Poore with Sims and Mason off the bench would be miles better than our current situation.

Then maybe another young prospect (if we dont have any already) and a fringe guy who has decent size (Matt White if he is off contract at the Tits would be perfect).

That together with the ability to move Costigan, Cuthberston etc. into the front row at worst case scenerio would have a shaping up nicely in the front row department.

A good wide-running backrower is then a must as said above. I'm not too sure why McKinnon hasnt been giving more time there since Taia has been put in the Doghouse. He's got better potential to develop there than Edwards does.

Burwood

Bench
How have we not produced a half decent prop since Josh Perry? There is something severely wrong with our system if we haven't had someone come through other than him since 2000.

Johns Magic

Referee
Happy to hear that about Bedsy. Wouldn't have been devastated if he'd called it a day but he is a warrior and it'll be good to see him leading the way in what will hopefully be a successful season to go out on.

Also agree with whoever it was that mentioned the impotence of a Scott, Houston and Stagg backrow.

It'll be interesting to see if Houston is re-signed. His quantity vs quality has been going in the wrong direction lately.

Joker's Wild

Coach
A prop rotation of Snowden/Poore with Sims and Mason off the bench would be miles better than our current situation.

Then maybe another young prospect (if we dont have any already) and a fringe guy who has decent size (Matt White if he is off contract at the Tits would be perfect).

That together with the ability to move Costigan, Cuthberston etc. into the front row at worst case scenerio would have a shaping up nicely in the front row department.

A good wide-running backrower is then a must as said above. I'm not too sure why McKinnon hasnt been giving more time there since Taia has been put in the Doghouse. He's got better potential to develop there than Edwards does.

Sims had a great partner in Vaivai early on in the year. I havnt watched our TC side in a while but I remember him being excellent against Cronulla

So we need a strong ballrunning backrower like Pritchard to complement the workhorse defence of Scott and Stagg? Greg Eastwood may fit that bill. Not sure if Wayne rates him given he let him go to Leeds. Or was that the Dogs who let him go overseas?

Rod

Bench
It was the Dogs I'm pretty sure.

Happy for Bedsy to stay for one more year. I hope we have a good replacement for him when he gets a spell though. Adams could still be the answer to that though.

rnb11

Juniors
Just wondering where this info came from?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...-mitchell-pearce/story-e6frfgbo-1226390021465

The Roosters are bracing themselves for a battle to retain a player they see as a future captain, with Pearce's agent confirming he will go on the open market on November 1, when rival clubs are free to negotiate with players off contract at the end of 2013.

"It is difficult to measure the worth of a player of Mitchell's calibre," said his agent Mike Newton. "So it would be in his best interest to test his worth on the open market before agreeing to a new deal."

Yosh

Coach
How much are you guys willing to pay for this guy?

If the TV deals come in, I would put an easy 400k for him. HOWEVER, I think he'll command more towards 600k if NSW win the series this year.

Spot On

Coach
So simply a contract bumping exercise and not really interested to leave the Roosters. Unless, of course, he received a ridiculous offer from a desperate club.

So simply a contract bumping exercise and not really interested to leave the Roosters. Unless, of course, he received a ridiculous offer from a desperate club.

Won't be a ridiculous offer from us. More along the lines of what Bennett thinks he is worth. No guarantee we are even after him but it has been floated.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Won't be a ridiculous offer from us. More along the lines of what Bennett thinks he is worth. No guarantee we are even after him but it has been floated.

Geez I hope not. Jared just as good in a different posse. Find us a general. Just a confident little f!cker who will boss us (and Jared) around the park. Wayne will find the Fwds in the ranks and the rest will look after itself.

Think Ben Hornby.........not Bitch Pearce.

We've seen how well that works so far in attracting quality players.

Tahu's been great.
Cuthbertson is improving.
Buderus is doing his best but is looking old, if he gets help he'll be sweet.
Snowdens been good.
Scott is injury prone and small.
Dane looks promising.

Not exactly any signings to explode with excitement over somehow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts