What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Time to let someone else pay that for Blake in 2024 I think... and we can put the higher amount we are currently paying him to someone with more future upside. Someone else who might be able to catch a high ball on the wing, or be an automatic first choice centre with confident defensive capabilities?
Think Cini could be that centre for less than half that price with plenty of upside. My pick to be our centre when we play this year's gf.

TheCrowe

Juniors
He does have a big heart. But what's the reason he has been passed on by so many other clubs?

NSW cup is a huge step down. Waqa would rip NSW cup the pieces.
Same question could be asked about most of our new recruits.. Apart from Hodgson not a lot of first grades games between the lot of them.

TheCrowe

Juniors
I know Waqa is a bit on the nose for many fans, but Zac Cini is not the answer.

He couldn't crack the Tigers side, and while he is solid in NSW Cup, he's a toiler at best.
Ive been rewatching the reggies games on FB. He is more then a toiler. Watch him drag players with him while they are rag dolling Russell. Strong finisher. Quicker then he looks. Stronger then he looks.

emjaycee

Coach
He does seem far too good for reserve grade. I’m surprised he only has a dev contact.
It's possible the dev contract was tabled because with only 2 spots left in the top 30 roster, the club wanted to stay in the market in case someone with FG experience became/becomes available. Giving Cini (and anyone else) a dev contract means they can turn up to pre-season training, are in the mix after round 10 and can be upgraded if we don't find someone else to fill that spot.

Imagine giving Zack spot number 30 and then Lomax becomes available and we miss out. Don't need to fill all 30 spots this far out from the cut off date and we have 28 already signed.

Disclaimer: This is just my own supposition and has little or no basis in truth and therefore little value in being fact checked.

Glenneel

Bench
Maybe we all should put in a disclaimer when we post here. Imagine the shit we could post then and the upside is give Gronk apaplexicy. Go Hindy

84 Baby

Referee
It's possible the dev contract was tabled because with only 2 spots left in the top 30 roster, the club wanted to stay in the market in case someone with FG experience became/becomes available. Giving Cini (and anyone else) a dev contract means they can turn up to pre-season training, are in the mix after round 10 and can be upgraded if we don't find someone else to fill that spot.

Imagine giving Zack spot number 30 and then Lomax becomes available and we miss out. Don't need to fill all 30 spots this far out from the cut off date and we have 28 already signed.

Disclaimer: This is just my own supposition and has little or no basis in truth and therefore little value in being fact checked.
The flip side of putting them on dev contract though is Penisini (disclaimer: not saying PeniCini (disclaimer: I’m aware that’s not his name) is as good). If they end up being good, it may be better to have them locked up in a friendly contract.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Maybe Jake should be on a development contract? Did he show more than Cini?
My personal opinion is he did not.
Insert disclaimer here. 😁 The same could be said of Big Sam L I reckon.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Was on a development contract mate.

He got fast-tracked midway through 2020 to play Magic Round

strider

Post Whore
Can you go back to a dev contract once you have played NRL?

I assume you can. Im just not aware of merkins who have.

emjaycee

Coach
In no way am I supporting the use of JA as I personally don't think he was ready, however he was the only one available and given the concern over Moses' hamstring early in the year, it made sense to have a backup half in the top 30.

Big SamL I believe is also on a dev contract and it would make sense if that was for a similiar reason to my total supposition (with disclaimer) about Cini.

#normaldisclaimersapply

*edit: I had forgotten JA was bumped up from a Dev contract in time for Magic Round 2021 which actually supports my fully disclaimed theory.

hindy111

Post Whore

That's the thing. The club seem more interested in Laziou and Russel even tho Cini has showed more. That makes me think they see more potential in the other two and so do other clubs while Cini they see as a rough project who could put it together hence the development contract. He is basicaly 3yrs older then those two. But still quite young.

hindy111

Post Whore
In no way am I supporting the use of JA as I personally don't think he was ready, however he was the only one available and given the concern over Moses' hamstring early in the year, it made sense to have a backup half in the top 30.

Big SamL I believe is also on a dev contract and it would make sense if that was for a similiar reason to my total supposition (with disclaimer) about Cini.

#normaldisclaimersapply

*edit: I had forgotten JA was bumped up from a Dev contract in time for Magic Round 2021 which actually supports my fully disclaimed theory.

When we played MANLY earlier in the year at Brookvale and won JA was instrumental in that come back in the 2nd half. He had a blinder. Without we don't win. We may not make top 4.
So as a back up he helped us. Even tho he probably wasn't ready you can not deny this.

Angry_eel

First Grade
When we played MANLY earlier in the year at Brookvale and won JA was instrumental in that come back in the 2nd half. He had a blinder. Without we don't win. We may not make top 4.
So as a back up he helped us. Even tho he probably wasn't ready you can not deny this.
He also wasn't too bad in the Grand Final itself. I mean he was no worse than the rest of the team.

emjaycee

Coach
I am not denying he has played some good moments for us. I just dont think he was ready for regular first grade is all.

Latest posts