What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Gould supposedly paid it and he's won multiple premierships as a coach and administrator.

Only as a toiler. Momoisea is a better attacking player.

It's f**ked because merkins have been unavailable, not because they're no good. The following top 30 players didn't play this weekend:

Campbell-Gillard
Doorey
Dunster
Hodgson
Lane
Sivo

And we still won all three grades, including putting on big scores in the two lower grades. Our depth is fine.

When was the last time Gould won a competition as a coach / Admin again? I our coach was still playing 😂

He is a better what 😂 have you and Hindy11111 been sharing the 🧠..

It's f**ked because we have players like Jirah and Sam L in the 30 plus we haven't filled the 30.

We won all 3 grades how many are winning the competition this year? I'll make it easier how many are making finals..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not a large enough sample size, Pou. A better one would be the whole season. Let’s do the first grade squad and NSW Cup For the entire season. Both out of the 8, one coming second last.

Our depth is shit.
Depth is just impacted by availability, which trickles down the grades.

The Predictor

Juniors
Yeah wish that... It's not though..Only took 3 games for him to go from a starting 17 to never to be seen again...

Well he isn't leaving the Titans so I guess he isn't in the 17 for us... He also isn't in the top 17 at the Titans just a backup.. So why would we want him in our 17 when he isn't at the Titans..
Because a player may not suit a particular club, I don’t think it’s cut and dry as u say, I’ve seen him in a couple of games when he played for the bulldogs and he was a right merkin, because other than RCG, we win Noble Peace Price for being the cuddliest team in the comp :/ he would have been a good signing, talent identification varies from team to team and what they need!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When was the last time Gould won a competition as a coach / Admin again? I our coach was still playing 😂
He built the current Panthers system.
He is a better what 😂 have you and Hindy11111 been sharing the 🧠..
He has far more tackle breaks and offloads than Keir.
It's f**ked because we have players like Jirah and Sam L in the 30 plus we haven't filled the 30.
Those guys are fine for the top 30. Both have NRL experience and both quality reserve graders:

Momoisea's form is down this year, however he is a proven performer in reserve grade. I don't know what kind of players you expect in the bottom of the top 30 but you'd be lucky to find better than these two. If they're not getting a lot of games/minutes in reserve grade it's not because they can't play. Nobody gives a shit about reserve grade results so if blokes spit the dummy you don't have to play them.
We won all 3 grades how many are winning the competition this year? I'll make it easier how many are making finals..
We've had more players unavailable than any other club. When they're missing from first grade the reserve grade team has to cough up players. If they've also got injuries/suspensions then they suddenly have lost a lot of talent. bUt BuT wE hAvE pArK fOoTbAlLeRs iN tHe ReSeRvE gRaDe SiDe!!!!1! So do the teams leading the comp ffs. It is a meaningless complaint. NSW Cup is park football.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
mate, we started the year with 27 players in the squad ( including NRown, who never got on the field)

we certainly didn't give ourselves an opportunity from the start did we?
When it comes to player recruitment/retention, having cap space and open roster spots is the definition of opportunity.

Gronk

Staff member
Because AMS is either indigenous/ Pacific Islander and a Qlder I think we are looking at his debut with rose coloured glasses. Players in these three categories are usually more gifted athletes. In saying that I thought he went ok only. 5/10. Apparently according to TCT he is the quickest player at the club which is why my glasses have a slight tinge to them.
Well he does come with pedigree. He was been selected in QLD rep teams from 16's and last year in U19's.

It's just that he started in SG Ball this year, so a bit much to ask him to play NRL without hardly even training with the team.

emjaycee

Coach
I don't think any lack of depth we are now experiencing is actually due to a lack of planning.

I know of a couple of players we have definitely gone for over the last few months, but haven't been able to entice away from their current clubs.

I think our lack of recruitment in some key areas (outside backs for example) before the season kicked off was more due to the fact there were no real suitable candidates available.

JokerEel

Coach
He built the current Panthers system.

He has far more tackle breaks and offloads than Keir.

Those guys are fine for the top 30. Both have NRL experience and both quality reserve graders:

Momoisea's form is down this year, however he is a proven performer in reserve grade. I don't know what kind of players you expect in the bottom of the top 30 but you'd be lucky to find better than these two. If they're not getting a lot of games/minutes in reserve grade it's not because they can't play. Nobody gives a shit about reserve grade results so if blokes spit the dummy you don't have to play them.

We've had more players unavailable than any other club. When they're missing from first grade the reserve grade team has to cough up players. If they've also got injuries/suspensions then they suddenly have lost a lot of talent. bUt BuT wE hAvE pArK fOoTbAlLeRs iN tHe ReSeRvE gRaDe SiDe!!!!1! So do the teams leading the comp ffs. It is a meaningless complaint. NSW Cup is park football.

Gould sacked the coach then left before they won anything.

Not sure Jirah or Sam L are the hill you want to die on

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Players don't sign themselves though, do they.
The point is that the ones you need aren't always available when you need them, nor at the right price. Should you just sign whoever is available as soon as possible after November 1st? You're better off leaving a gap in your squad and using players outside the top 30 if backup and depth players want too much for a top 30 contract. If you do need to use backups in first grade you play them for limited minutes, or if they're in 80 minute positions you reduce their attacking involvement. I've said for years that you don't get into cap trouble by not signing merkins. This is why I trust the club. Their decisions make sense to me.

Latest posts