What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Colonel

Immortal
I reckon if the Dogs jag Tracey we may end up acquiring JAC. I’m not sold on this we are full and signed our 30th player either.
Like most clubs I believe we are trying to maneuver some players about - in particular Moimoisea, Ogden and maybe even Cini - towards the ESL or another club looking for some depth. i am also not convinced in the slightest that the Top 30 squad is anywhere near set this far out from the start of the season.

TheCrowe

Juniors
Can a top 30 be changed just by signing someone on a higher contract then say player 30?
The rules on roster seemed to get even more fluid last year when we were playing Lumelume in round 1 FFS!
I cant keep up.

The Colonel

Immortal
Can a top 30 be changed just by signing someone on a higher contract then say player 30?
The rules on roster seemed to get even more fluid last year when we were playing Lumelume in round 1 FFS!
I cant keep up.

Lumelume was allowed under salary cap dispensation to play given the injuries we had to Top 30 players in Dunster, Russell, Simonsson, Asi, Lane, Brown and suspension to Matterson.

If a player is released from the Top 30 to another club - NRL or ESL or by mutual agreement they can be removed from the Top 30 in part or wholly.

yy_cheng

Coach
Comparing someone complaining about a player that was signed or not signed and extending that to someone going/not going to the police in regard to a sexual assault is quite possibly one of the stupider justifications for the behaviour of some people I have ever seen on this forum and I have been on here a hell of a long time. There is no argument that even justifies such a comparison. Don't go there.... seriously. Be better.

Yes, much of what gets posted is obvious. The club don't communicate direction or strategy for a very good and obvious reason - they would rather 15 other clubs don't try and change that direction or strategy. I actually prefer the fact that contract negotiations at the club aren't played out in the media despite how frustrating to can be and obviously is.

People just need to learn some patience. And not try and justify it with outrageous justification....

Yes, i am going to extremes I agree.

And I agree that the club shouldn't have to communicate their strategy but then I don't think people shouldn't be able to voice their opinions. I don't think what Ram and Hindy posts are outrageous.

Soto

Bench
I cant keep up.
Depends which club it is. Some have exceptions to the exception

The Colonel

Immortal

And I agree that the club shouldn't have to communicate their strategy but then I don't think people shouldn't be able to voice their opinions. I don't think what Ram and Hindy posts are outrageous.

I don't think they are outrageous. They just recycle the same bullshit day in, day out.

yy_cheng

Coach
Blaize Talagi is highly rated by the club and the probable reason why we are not going after a big name centre. I think I read somewhere that he is now in our top 30. I’ve watched him a few times and he looks to have plenty of class.

I’d rather we go after a winger to be honest. One that can make metres and help our power game.
What's his defense like? As this is what our current issues are at.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok, so who are your top 8 picks for the pigs each week without counting Joe O?

Edge forward: Brazel (21)^, Cartwright, Doorey, Guymer (20)^, Lane, Mataele, Matterson, Tuilagi
Middle: Campbell-Gillard, Greig, Hopgood, Makatoa (31), Moretti^, Ofahengaue, Ogden (28), Paulo, Rodwell (25), Taumoepenu (23), Tuivati^

Mine are:
- Hopgood
- Lane
- Cartwright
- Paulo
- RCG
-----
- Matterson
- Greig
- Moretti

The above 8 players between them missed 54 games last year - so even if they just miss half as many, that's still 27 games where we need to dig into:
- Makatoa
- Doorey
- Ogden
or Joe O.

Who is your preference for that 9th best forward spot?
Given middle defence is our weakness, Ofahengaue definitely improves us. He is a better defender than all our middles bar Matterson, Hopgood and RCG.

TheRam

Coach
Serious question mate... when you and Hindy point out the obvious, do you really think that no one in our club also sees it and do you know for a fact that we made no approach to the player(s) concerned or is that just your assumption based on the fact they didn't sign with us or that the contact wasn't held in Tingha Palace?

Sounds like a silly question to me.

It's a results based business, so sorry to have to point out the bleeding obvious to you but you seem to think that they have approached quality juniors or under valued players in the last two seasons but every single one of them said no(bar Hopgood). Even if that were true, which I doubt very much, but if it were true then they need to step aside and let us get people in the job that can actually do the job.

Results. Everything else is excuses.

Oh and I and Hindy have mentioned players that weren't stars and clueless idiots couldn't see the value in them until they matured and or circumstances allowed for them to blossom. Phoenix Crossland is a perfect example that I pointed out that most here had no clue as to how good he was going and will be.

I also love how everybody bags Hindy, but lets not forget how he was virtually a lone voice telling everyone how good Isaah Yeo was and going to be but many here thought he was a bust. I and Hindy have a very, very good track record of talent identification while many here are just full of sh*t and we don't point out established stars. We are pointing out players that are yet to either make NRL or are just starting out on their NRL journey.

So you can stick you 'Obvious' bullsh*t statement up your clacker cracker!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Like most clubs I believe we are trying to maneuver some players about - in particular Moimoisea, Ogden and maybe even Cini - towards the ESL or another club looking for some depth. i am also not convinced in the slightest that the Top 30 squad is anywhere near set this far out from the start of the season.
We just took up our club option on Ogden.

lingard

Coach
I have read somewhere that the club is waiting for the right player and they have the money for that right player should it occur. I also believe that there is quite a lot going on behind the scenes at a number of clubs at the moment that will see some players become available and that they are considered the right ones by the club.
That's fantastic news! But during the meanwhilst, us fans will 'voice out' our concerns and opinions as it is our right to do. Actually, it probably should be our job description.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's a results based business, so sorry to have to point out the bleeding obvious to you but you seem to think that they have approached quality juniors or under valued players in the last two seasons but every single one of them said no(bar Hopgood). Even if that were true, which I doubt very much, but if it were true then they need to step aside and let us get people in the job that can actually do the job.
If you know a player is 'under valued' then so does every NRL club. This will stop him being under valued very quickly. Basically, what you see is already in the price. Case in point, the Raiders offered one of our SG Ball players a top 30 contract without ever having seen him play against grown men. There's very few surprises any more. The only possibilities are the players people like you think are proven failures, like a young Isaiah Papali'i who had played 60+ NRL games before the age of 22.

lingard

Coach

Yes. I love reading both of them. It's entertaining and it's a fan's right. And for the most part Pou is entertaining and is a nice counter-balance. Pretty good forum really.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I cant keep up.
I don't think so. There's a maximum amount you can pay merkins outside the top 30 and a minimum you have to pay the ones in the top 30. So once a bloke is in the top 30 he is stuck there unless he agrees to leave.

TheRam

Coach
I don't think they are outrageous. They just recycle the same bullshit day in, day out.

Oh pardon me Mr Original.

What a pompous wanker. And people actually thought you coming back was a good thing?

I'm yet to see the attraction. I suppose for those who like posters that simp for the club you would be a moist dream.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Personally he starts well ahead of Harper, Russell, Dunster and pushes Simonsson to the wing at the very worst. Also quite capable at fullback given we are also missing AMS for the season with effectively a half in Asi being the next logical replacement and never having played fullback at the NRL level. Harper moves to NSW Cup as next cab off the rank....

1. Gutherson, 2. Sivo, 3. Penisini, 4. Tracey, 5. Simonnson would be my backline if the club were willing to spend the money.

Simonsson is terrible on the wing. He either plays centre or plays reserve grade.

Avenger

Immortal
Oh pardon me Mr Original.

What a pompous wanker. And people actually thought you coming back was a good thing?

I'm yet to see the attraction. I suppose for those who like posters that simp for the club you would be a moist dream.
Out of line there mate. Colonel is easily the most measured member there is. Makes @emjaycee sound like me.

hindy111

Post Whore
I have read somewhere that the club is waiting for the right player and they have the money for that right player should it occur. I also believe that there is quite a lot going on behind the scenes at a number of clubs at the moment that will see some players become available and that they are considered the right ones by the club.

I can't think of to many big name players that have switched clubs this year.
Herbie,Fleggler, Spencer,Crighton,Brooks,Dom Young.
Who else? A lot of middle of the road players may of moved on but these days a lot of your higher profile guys are signed up long term already.