What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Yep, I'd take Robson in a heartbeat

Given how bent out of shape their cap is with all that money tied up in Holmes, Taumololo, Townsend et Al, you wouldn't think they'd have much to play with in terms of offering him an upgrade.

Cows should consider releasing Taumololo and letting him sign with the Dolphins. They'd surely live a signing like that to kick start their recruitment given they look like missing out on their other targets so far
Or they just get Junior Paulo who they don;t need to break contract.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
One minute: "It's not Stone's fault he f**ked up at dummy half 3 times in the last 15min against Penrith, he's not a 9. We would have won with Mahoney"

Next minute: "Mahoney's gone and not worth the money, we could use Stone as dummy half"

Stone's a 14 I reckon, only a 9 if all others are injured, like last season

Noise

Coach
Stone should only be a 9 if there is a 1 in front of it. And never be seen at dummy half.

If Stone is our 14 then he is likely going to play dummy half and that should never happen.

Soto

Bench
Robson, Liddle and Koroisau in that order of preference.
Robson is a great player. Tough and quick and has had a bad run with injuries. He can play and I rate him.
Liddle is also a very good player with an excellent running game (coach might not like this) but can have defensive lapses and Api has now won 2 GFs but it would be more $$$$ than we were prepared to pay Cash Mahoney....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I honestly think that if we are clever in our recruiting we can still compete beyond 2022. The premiership window that everyone talks about is bullshit. If you can have a good team with limited injuries then you have a good chance of making the finals year in year out.
I do think even the best clubs have years where they're less chance (maybe even zero chance) of winning the comp. These are the rebuilding years, and the periods either side of that are premiership windows. They could potentially stay open for five years or more and only shut for a year, as you said, with clever (not desperate) recruitment and retention. Our management has proven they can do this, but 2023 might be the year we don't challenge. 2022 is definitely still in the window, and a new one could start in 2024 if we keep moving forward off the field.

Rocket man

Juniors
If what i have read is correct the Bulldogs don't have enough salary cap space left to get their squad to 30 in 2023 without going over the cap. Allowing for minimum contacts etc.
I didn't think the NRL registered contracts if it put that side over the cap!

Gronk

Staff member
If what i have read is correct the Bulldogs don't have enough salary cap space left to get their squad to 30 in 2023 without going over the cap. Allowing for minimum contacts etc.
I didn't think the NRL registered contracts if it put that side over the cap!
I might be dreaming here, but I am sure the NRL have refused to register contracts in the past until a club demonstrates that they are cap compliant.

Latest posts