What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We are 100% a better team. We no longer struggle to get out of trouble. We rarely go side to side anymore. We usually earn the right to go wide. We rarely put the queue in the rack. We rarely drop our heads and often chase teams down.

The flaws are only how the team don't turn up against the shits sides. That's player leadership and the guys like Moses Gutho and Jnr clearly are not displaying the urgency and focus that is required. To shift that over to Ennis or Joey is crazy. Blaming Murphy is baseless agenda mongering.
Simp simping away!!

I stopped reading that we are a 100% better side, our defence is worse. We miss more tackles and out for and against us worse. Let alone our ladder position.

The rest is pure dribble. You do you champion keep trying to control other peoples opinions and this forum.

Gronk

Staff member
Simp simping away!!

I stopped reading that we are a 100% better side, our defence is worse. We miss more tackles and out for and against us worse. Let alone our ladder position.

The rest is pure dribble. You do you champion keep trying to control other peoples opinions and this forum.
That's bullcrap. I challenge your opinion and you're glass jaw makes you whine that I am telling you what to think. Back it up instead of going all George Costanza on me. 🤓

giphy.gif

King-Gutho94

Coach
Also Dobbo and his "I've been mates with Ricky for 40 years" clearly shows that he should back down from making comments.

I suspect that Kent will back his mate tonight as well.
Yeah well we all know what stance Kent will have tonight. Everyone is just waiting to see how he will defend it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That's bullcrap. I challenge your opinion and you're glass jaw makes you whine that I am telling you what to think. Back it up instead of going all George Costanza on me. 🤓

giphy.gif
So our defence is better and our for and against Is better than last year?? We miss less tackles this year??? Glass jaw?? Said the rabbit posting gifs lol.

Gronk

Staff member
So our defence is better and our for and against Is better than last year?? We miss less tackles this year??? Glass jaw?? Said the rabbit posting gifs lol.
You've taken over the gif mantle of late, Gif Boy.

As for your tackles and tries claim. Are you guessing this ? What other metrics are you using ?

Our F&A is shit because we lose to the shit teams by a lot.

Earlier this year you were bagging out Murphy and our attack and I pointed out that we had the 4th best 'for' statistic in the comp. It's near the end of the season and we're still 5th in the 'for' column, and we've had 9 home games and 11 away.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You've taken over the gif mantle of late, Gif Boy.

As for your tackles and tries claim. Are you guessing this ? What other metrics are you using ?

Our F&A is shit because we lose to the shit teams by a lot.
So for and against doesn’t matter lol ?? Doesn’t suit your argument so it doesn’t count lol. We leak 22 points a game we didn’t last season if with a fair few floggings.

You are the one trying tell us all we are a 100% better side which is garbage I’d say we are about as good as last year. Our attack is better because of the rise of Dylan Brown but our defence is worse.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Earlier this year you were bagging out Murphy and our attack and I pointed out that we had the 4th best 'for' statistic in the comp. It's near the end of the season and we're still 5th in the 'for' column, and we've had 9 home games and 11 away.
Our attack is better this year, is this to do with structures and the way we attack or the Rise of Dylan Brown?? Our attack on the 20m zone is still clunky AF.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The proof is in the pudding. Drown was poor in 2021 and says he had stuff going in his personal life that affected his footy. Nothing Johns was doing was going to change that. What else are they going to say in February 2021 about Johns being around the training paddock - "yeah nah, I don't really buy in to what he's trying to teach us. I'm not really paying any attention to what he's got to say to be honest"....
Interestingly, Jake Arthur credited Joey in his post match interview on Friday. I thought the merkin was no longer at the club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I don’t arrive on conclusions as quickly as you.

Q: How do we go against other top 8 teams ?
A: f**king great

Q: How do we go against the teams we are supposed to beat ?
A: Not so great.

Seriously, surely your analysis goes deeper than "look at the ladder, we're coming 5th ! Bwahahaha"
We have a better record against bottom eight teams than top eight teams. Significantly better.

Our attack is better this year, is this to do with structures and the way we attack or the Rise of Dylan Brown?? Our attack on the 20m zone is still clunky AF.

Bit of both I guess.

A lot of teams look clunky quite a bit of the time in the 20m zone if you watch the whole game (it's partly the influence of the lack of space and refs unwillingness to blow penalties there). If you watch the highlights they look shit hot.

TheRam

Coach
On the footy show this morning, joey said that Dyl is super laid back and talented and he doesn't watch any footy.

He said Nathan watches every match and studies every match.

Joey asked Dyl at training if he has seen cody walker put on a particular move, Dyl's answer was Who's he? is he the one who plays for the Rabbits? lol.

Joey suggested to Dyl to watch other games. He said if Dyl had Nathan's deligence in studying the game, he would go up many levels.

Brad asked Joey, do you reckon he has taken your advice? Joey said Nup.

Dyl plays now like a young benji

I saw that too and wasn't surprised in the slightest. He plays exactly like a young and extremely talented kid that doesn't do the extras that the greats who are always present in games do. He lives on his natural talent and fitness.

Geez I miss the days where coaches could put a rocket up the players arse and not be seen as dicks and players sooking about it. I mean it should be just standard practice not just for Dylan but all the players at the club to watch all the games each and every week like homework that the coach sets that the coaching staff then ask questions on and quiz players on or ask their thoughts on certain plays to make sure that the players actually watched them. And if a player is caught out for not watching them then penalties ensue.

It should become routine just as homework is when a kid is studying at school. I mean these guys are all at football school as such, aren't they? Not just do the bare minimum at training or a few extras while there and then spear off and don't think about footy again till the next training session. All the great ones watch and breath their chosen sport almost 24/7 now a days. Competition is just to fierce not to if you want to become number one. Running off to play Xbox or go to the pub and go on the punt or hit a round of golf should not be an option.

Repetition and study is the secret, not a secret, to fulfill great potential. These players are professionals and as such should understand that homework is part of that professionalism the clubs pays them for. I was hard on Dylan last year for the basic errors in his game that even though young he was making during games that had nothing to do with youth and immaturity. Like not going to the line and drawing the defense first before passing or just not supporting a play when it was obvious that if he had followed up the opportunity was on. These basic little things aren't talent but awareness and anticipation issues that if he had done the homework and seen countless examples of playmakers like Cody Walker seize opportunities, count numbers, draw two defenders then pass, support players, then he too would have been putting himself in those situations to capitalize on opportunities that are now history and lost.

Think about it, if he had played last year as well as he is playing this year or better because he had put in those extra hours watching video and on the training field, then that loss to the Panthers last year may not have happened. He may have found that moment to change the game. Who knows? He was basically a passenger last season compared to this. Now I am not blaming Dylan for our loss at all, I am just giving an example of how if the homework is done by all our players how things may turn out differently.

Even now still he is missing so much. He still hasn't for example figured out how to hide Lane and then bring him into the gap at an angle against the grain of defenders. Perfecting just that would be one scary and potent weapon if they did the countless video sessions of examples how and when scenarios and then the hundreds of hours on the paddock running drills to get to the point of just watching each others body language(no words needed) that that play is on.

I have said this many times, we as a team do not do the necessary work, repetition wise to be a slick and well drilled team. I shows in the way we defend and it shows in the way we attack. It has very little to do with our players being to big. Many teams have been as big as we are and bigger that played or play better as a team. We look like strangers out there so freakin often.

Anyway, Dylan needs to be sat down by someone he respects and be told some home truths. His attitude for mine sucks in this regard. He is being paid very well and as such I expect him to understand that this is a job that carries with it a lot of afterhours homework that he needs to do, especially these early years of his development that he needs to put good habits into his dna. Anyone who gets $600K in particular can't think that he just needs to run around training 4 or 5 days a week and then show up on game day and that is it. Especially considering that they have so many hours between training daily that they need to fill in.

There are no excuses for this really. I mean how many execs do you think would be on that sort of money that would just go home and switch off after a few short hours at work? I'm sure everyone who has a high paying and stressful job would love to be able to simply switch off, but that isn't the real world. Sure they find little moments here and there that they can de-stress, but generally they are on the clock either physically and or mentally 24/7. That is the job and what is expected. Period.

Now players don't even have to be that hard core, but they need to be doing extras at home and on the field. Without it, without constantly thinking of ideas and solutions ticking over in your mind and experimenting with new approaches that only come because of all the thinking and work put in, how will you be able to beat and better the players that do? Sure for players with natural talent, they can get away with it, but like I said, they end up with to many lost opportunities and never fully reaching their full potential.

It saddens me a little that we as a club can't and don't have the people, who look after the players, that can and should be able to instill these very fundamental disciplines into each and every player that is part of our club from the the moment they arrive at the club. Watching videos of every game should be a basic compulsory duties that the players are all expected to do. With questions and answers and ideas following as part of the process. Then application on the field. This to me is 101 footballer development ffs!

But here in lies another one of our numerous problems as a club. Our standards are not always where they should be not matter what people say. The proof is in the pudding. 36 years and counting.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At least I can say I’ve been in Dylbags corner since day 1. Even last year his rise has been very exciting!! He’s our X factor and our most important player going forward. What could he be doing in 4 years time?? Scary to think I just hope it’s with us.

Gronk

Staff member
So for and against doesn’t matter lol ?? Doesn’t suit your argument so it doesn’t count lol. We leak 22 points a game we didn’t last season if with a fair few floggings.

You are the one trying tell us all we are a 100% better side which is garbage I’d say we are about as good as last year. Our attack is better because of the rise of Dylan Brown but our defence is worse.
Well if you just isolate the points scored against us vs Tits twice, Dogs and Tigers that's 150 against. 🤓

TheRam

Coach
As if GOAT Andrew Johns was a student of the game 🥸at age 22.

Mate I think you need to do a little digging. He and Matthew were huge on studying and tinkering with ideas from an early age.

The stories of them doing sessions of endless hours have been told numerous times. They also had a mentor whos name escapes me that used to chase them around and give them even more homework that would drive them crazy, but they knew it was all part of their learning curve and in the end pay massive dividends. Matty has said that all those endless sessions, certain aspects of the game only started to make sense and crystalize years later and that it would never have happened or made sense had they not put in all that work earlier on.

Do you think Andrew would have become an immortal if he just lived a life of substance abuse, alcohol and natural talent? Mate all the great ones in the modern era put the work in or else they are just freaks that show glimpses of what they could be.

Latest posts