What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
They were better off financially then Manly when there merger started.

It was only they were dumb enough to allow Arko to have a clause that Manly come back in if the merger folded.

I am sure if my memory is correct if they moved to Central Coast in 2000.

Singo basically would have bankrolled them to play at that stadium up there they basically built it for and kept them afloat as a single entity
Thats a beautiful, romantic, even whimsical story. unfortunately its complete fiction.

Unless of course by "better off financially" you meant under administration with a net debt of $1.6M, unable to pay creditors under administration, and the President of the Leagues Club and Football Clubs Ray Beattie & Bob Saunders appointing an administrator the day after paying themselves a massive redundancy....as better off?

Norths were totally insolvent and had been put in administration before the merger, in fact it was Norths Administrator who recommended that Norths accept the merger as it would allow some of the creditors under administration to be paid.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Hopefully but here’s 16 players good enough for the top 17. We really only need a hooker.

Moses
Drown
Lomax
Hopgood
Paulo
Matterson
Gutherson
Ofahengaue
Lane
Penisini
Sivo
Simonsson
Cartwright
Tuilagi
Iongi (probably)
Williams
Hands is a first grader, just not an 80 minute one. Gutho at 14 resolves that for next year unless we can jag a genuine quality 9. If that happens, I still rate Hands as a better first grader than Simmo, so Gutho moves to centre.

Incorrect

Coach
I now live in Terrigal. I can tell you the Central Coast is absolutely screaming for a team, has been for 40 years. They have the catchment, the stadium, the local pathways and talent (in abundance) and just as importantly the local business and serious financial support.
They got burned by Florimo and co taking money on promises for years but if they had a Dolphins like proper start, it would be a hugely supported team.
From a TV broadcasting perspective (aka $$$$'s) there isn't much appeal. A Perth team along with a 2nd NZ team should be the next 2 franchises. The 20th license could then be a team in the NSW/QLD eastern AU timezone. But should be a central QLD team like Avenger has been talking up IMO....

Latest posts