What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Maybe you’ve moved up into Tiger territory?

Somewhere Between Fishing GIF by ABC Network

WA Tiger

Bench
How come the panthers get two forums in LU?
I love the cockiness before the fall. The funny thing is that when they turn to shit and we start winning ,all of a sudden we’ll see less of them until, like the cocky parra posters they will stop visiting all together. .

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Anyone watching Panthers v broncos on Foxtel atm. All of a sudden I'm interested more about Luai.
I like his stop start change-ups. The difference between him and others is his quick acceleration that makes the D disjointed. Throw in Bula and Api and you suddenly have options.
I hope Luai looks after that shoulder.

Nutz

Bench
Both Broncos and Panthers will be tested next year with some stars joining other clubs.
I think the Panthers are going to miss Stephen Crichton big time and the Ponies missing Flegler and Herbie Farnworth.
In our case I don't think we'll miss Brooks and Talau.
Blore we'll miss as he's starting to overcome injury and play like we know he can. The talk is he's gonesky.
So really we should improve as the squad is better....the new coach and support staff is the big talking point as to how far we can climb up the ladder.
We have the forwards to compete with the top teams and a full preseason together we should see some cohesion happening with players like Papa, Bateman and Pole, same thing applies for Bula. Sezer to raise some eyebrows too.
Picsart_23-12-17_05-00-35-720.jpg

Tigerm

First Grade

Still a small niggle about what the f**king dogs will do, they seem to have an unlimited cap and player need?

Probably too much to ask for the pennies to wave the option of renegotiating and agree to let him go now, not in 8 more days?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I think it’s a win - win for both clubs , you get a good player and we get to possibly retain 3 up and coming players
Yep, and he then mentors our young blokes and we can hopefully begin to be a more consistent club, competing against your mob and the others?

Tigerm

First Grade
Phil Gould Twitter account:

If he signs with a club, other than his current club, the 10 day period begins. If during that time, the player decides not to go to that club, but wants to sign with a different club, he can do that, but a new 10 day period commences for his incumbent club. It’s designed so the incumbent club gets every chance to match an offer or to retain their player.

Pretty sure that’s how we are all seeing it, though every new offer gives the pennies more opportunity to up there offer?
I did see a question to him asking, if they were looking at Luai now, but he didn’t answer the question hahaha

Nutz

Bench
Phil Gould Twitter account:

If he signs with a club, other than his current club, the 10 day period begins. If during that time, the player decides not to go to that club, but wants to sign with a different club, he can do that, but a new 10 day period commences for his incumbent club. It’s designed so the incumbent club gets every chance to match an offer or to retain their player.

Pretty sure that’s how we are all seeing it, though every new offer gives the pennies more opportunity to up there offer?
I did see a question to him asking, if they were looking at Luai now, but he didn’t answer the question hahaha
Exactly how we've discussed it Tm.
It's a shocker and set up for player's manager to squeeze every drop of blood out of the clubs. Genuine clubs seeking a marquee player can be taken for a ride. Who indirectly keeps the NRL alive and kicking...we supporters. So why is it set up to screw with our heads.
There's no accountability in the NRL these days.

Latest posts