What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
Every club needs to inject players from other clubs/nursery.
It's not ideal but necessary.
However Richo believes that the majority of players need to come through their own pathways in order to keep the cap healthy.
We've managed to do that but copped two spoons in doing so.
2025 has always been identified as the year that this club will move fwd because it's the year most of our winning Harold Matts side come of age so to speak.
Players like Jordan Miller, Kit Laulilii, Lachlan Galvin, Tallyn Da Silva all have a big future.
Our pathways needs to keep nurturing our huge junior base in order to succeed.
To say Penrith are unique in junior development is arrogant because they were rock bottom not long ago.

Nealo 12

First Grade
Every club needs to inject players from other clubs/nursery.
It's not ideal but necessary.
However Richo believes that the majority of players need to come through their own pathways in order to keep the cap healthy.
We've managed to do that but copped two spoons in doing so.
2025 has always been identified as the year that this club will move fwd because it's the year most of our winning Harold Matts side come of age so to speak.
Players like Jordan Miller, Kit Laulilii, Lachlan Galvin, Tallyn Da Silva all have a big future.
Our pathways needs to keep nurturing our huge junior base in order to succeed.
To say Penrith are unique in junior development is arrogant because they were rock bottom not long ago.
Seriously we are only under stress in lower grades because we supply others on overs as you know

TroyJax

Juniors
Lol, you settle down.
I didn't say he's there yet, but if he does get his chance he'll make an impact. Stop being condescending with your posts man.
People need a reality check.
Weve just won consecutive spoons and are the worst performed club in the past dozen years, our squad for 2024 is barely improved from the past year and our coach is using training wheels as head coach.
Despite this, our fan base has already dived headlong into selective amnesia and are talking up our chances next year, without any hint of irony. FFS it makes me laugh…if we don’t get the spoon again next year, then some team must have really f**ked up.

So I will remain a bit condescending if need be. We are still YEARS away from having a consistent team worth being proud of.

TroyJax

Juniors
All players and especially the halves will have 2024 as a sort of trial season, to secure a position in he NRL team for 2025?
AD will be lucky to make it back and tbh, I don't see him being resigned?
So we are writing off another season are we?
people have been saying this same shit the past for 5 years

Nutz

Bench
People need a reality check.
So I will remain a bit condescending if need be. We are still YEARS away from having a consistent team worth being proud of.
A reality check, really?
Then you say to Tm has he written off next year??
Troy, Tm and I have been supporting the tigers since the sixties. We both, in fact the majority of us on the forum have been hanging in there for years.
We are not delusional, we are supoorters but more importantly we are loyal.
What we/I say are often from the heart and can be misconstrued as if its gospel. Mate its just opinions, something to talk about over the off season and not worth getting upset about.

Nutz

Bench
If anyone is still confused about the cooling off period then this article clears it up.

One of my earlier posts about this I said that it should be set up like a job interview to stop negotiations from being never ending and managers taking clubs for a ride...I still believe this is the best way.
In a nut shell a player's manager puts the player in an advertised bulletin that gets circulated to all the clubs, this could available to supporters via the NRL Club's official website for transparency.
*A set period, (say 4weeks), clubs can apply for his/her services over the reserved price. This keeps it confidential.
*At the end of the trading period all offers are closed and a short list is formulated. (Player preferred options)
* A set period is then started for renegotiation during which no other clubs can re-enter. During this period the NRL starts investigating the clubs cap restraints.
*The player then signs the contract. No cooling off period. The only way the contract can be cancelled is if either party breaches the agreed terms or something unseen has occurred, players cat dies.
SIMPLE
The NRL has to stop managers taking clubs for a ride especially when the clubs are trying to sort their roster out before preseason. Also these negotiations should commence earlier for the same reason.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
So we are writing off another season are we?
people have been saying this same shit the past for 5 years
I wasn't expecting big things next season. Were you? I think we need to be realistic in what we hope to achieve?

My comments were based on the fact that if Luai does come in '25, one of the halves playing next season, will not be there? So both players are trialling for a position in '25?
We have some new and local lads who are coming through, so I do think next season will be a preparation year, for when/if Luai does come?

I'm not sure what writing off a season means? We will improve, yes we will, but that won't be hard. But we will need a bit of luck?
Will we make the top 8? A lot depends on what the halves can deliver imo?
But we won't compete in the GF, if that's what you mean.

Like it or not, a new coach (especially brand new) wouldn't be expected to turn us around in his first season, so yes, I do think it will take next season to get the team he wants on the field, still no guarantees?

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
This was published 3 years ago

I will live with the pain for the rest of my life: The Luai bond prison couldn't break​

I can’t copy and paste this article and I don’t pay for the SMH, but this is a good story and really puts to bed anything about the guy not being decent, wether we get him or not?

Hopefully someone can copy and paste for us?

Nutz

Bench
This was published 3 years ago

I will live with the pain for the rest of my life: The Luai bond prison couldn't break​

I can’t copy and paste this article and I don’t pay for the SMH, but this is a good story and really puts to bed anything about the guy not being decent, wether we get him or not?

Hopefully someone can copy and paste for us?

Nutz

Bench
Keyboard warriors love having a dig but fail to see the good things about people. We all have problems....noone is perfect.
I tend to judge a book by it's cover because my first impression is usually right however I tend be keep my criticism to myself until I know better.
However making it an obsession by filling your life and continually doubting and criticising others will make one bitter and twisted and not liked. That's a pretty sad way to live. Some people haven't got a nice thing to say anytime about anyone, they just can't do it.
Jarome is a type of guy that opposition players and supporters love to hate, a bit like our boy Benny. But when they're on your side causing havoc to other teams we love em.

Nutz

Bench
Just read that our odds of winning have sky rocketed. HA HA.
2024 is like a development year. There are too nany variables to consider without betting on us.
Death and taxes gentleman, they're the only certain things in life.