What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
Y
I reckon we both agree with re-signing Twal and Seyfarth. What I don’t agree with is the idea that re-signing these blokes is doing the club doing them some kind of favour, especially not one that implies some extra obligation on their part. The club isn’t taking some a risk here, both have demonstrated their consistency and professionalism and have been offered contracts that reflect that.

I agree with the re-signings and I’m satisfied with the contract lengths and amounts.

I also like that we’re targeting players of Best and Luai calibre, but I’m not so hot on this Olam business. There’s a reason why Bellamy dropped him. His form has fallen off a cliff.
Yeh gotcha.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Olam, Best, Addo-Carr and Luai.....silly season begins.

Obviously I'd take any of those players in a heartbeat. As much as Luai carries on, my f**king god he is a weapon in attack. Now that they have the three-peat I could see him leaving for the big pay day.

I've always had a feeling Addo-Carr would finish his career with Wests Tigers.
Jarome Luai is changing his management company to Black Money Enterprises.
Black is one of our colours so we might have a chance.

Tigerm

First Grade

Tiger Ted

Bench

Yes, interesting, there was mention previously that it may be between us and the dogs? I guess with Ciraldo over there, they would be favourites, but you never know?
We’ve got no hope as it’s overwhelmingly obvious we can’t compete with the dogs for any half decent player.Assuming he leaves penrith then the dogs will easily fit him under their rapidly expanding sombrero.

Nutz

Bench

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep but he has worked well with Api at Penrith so that makes it even.
I don't think we need him tbh.
Maybe, but I wouldn’t mind finding out:)

I mean he is one of the best players in arguably the current best team on the planet, we are arguably the worst, he must have something to offer?

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
You
Maybe, but I wouldn’t mind finding out:)

I mean he is one of the best players in arguably the current best team on the planet, we are arguably the worst, he must have something to offer?
You make too much sense TM. I retract my statement :)

The ex-smug, apart from Api, they seem to flounder and struggle to stand on their own two paws.

Retirees before they hit the ripe old age of 24 these days.

Benji shouldn’t argue with Fulton is my view.

Ask Fulton how he feels about JL and take his advice either way.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Interesting. Get PNG gold mines to be a major sponsor/owner like the OK Tedi Mines. Those companies could start their own league.
Having flown helicopters before in the PNG highlands, I've seen riots that have started by two dogs fighting in the streets and the rascals HQ are at the back of Jackson Airfield (Port Moresby) so I'm suggesting that physical security of players and support staff needs to be addressed and guaranteed. The Papuans, even though a lovelly mob can be a crazy lot when fuelled up.

Interesting. Get PNG gold mines to be a major sponsor/owner like the OK Tedi Mines. Those companies could start their own league.
Having flown helicopters before in the PNG highlands, I've seen riots that have started by two dogs fighting in the streets and the rascals HQ are at the back of Jackson Airfield (Port Moresby) so I'm suggesting that physical security of players and support staff needs to be addressed and guaranteed. The Papuans, even though a lovelly mob can be a crazy lot when fuelled up.
Good name for their side- the Port Moresby Raskols.

Bumper crowd at LO to watch the Raskols play their first game in Sydney.

Olam breaks through the Raskols line, just about to score when Teddy, the Raskols fullback, sticks a leg out and trips him up.

Goes up to the Bunker, penalty try awarded to the Raskols.

Nutz

Bench