What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
View attachment 84453
I don’t know anymore than what this photo is stating.
I do remember his name being mentioned but didn’t read anymore.
Does anyone know if he’s back here working with us?
My favourite WT.What a magnificent player.Never played a bad game for us.Testament to his unparalleled standing at Concord & Herculean efforts on the field was being named player of the yr 3 yrs in succession in ‘09-‘11.He lived above a mate of mine in Meriton complex at Abbotsford & is as nice a person as he was a footballer.

WA Tiger

Bench
James Graham predicts the spoon for WT too…I think they’d look a bit closer if they had to put their house on it.. I think these guys just don’t have the balls to judge the saints as a candidate for spoon or any other team maybe becoz of the come back from Flanagan etc and the importance of ratings for their jobs…who knows but theirs no risk in saying the tigers is there

I’m picking Willet and Lobb to make a serious impression today and go on to shake up the nrl and be one of many parts that come together to lead us to the promised land..This year

Das Hassler

Bench
My favourite WT.What a magnificent player.Never played a bad game for us.Testament to his unparalleled standing at Concord & Herculean efforts on the field was being named player of the yr 3 yrs in succession in ‘09-‘11.He lived above a mate of mine in Meriton complex at Abbotsford & is as nice a person as he was a footballer.

Had to scroll back a page...thought you were referring to Woods

Wizardman

First Grade
James Graham predicts the spoon for WT too…I think they’d look a bit closer if they had to put their house on it.. I think these guys just don’t have the balls to judge the saints as a candidate for spoon or any other team maybe becoz of the come back from Flanagan etc and the importance of ratings for their jobs…who knows but theirs no risk in saying the tigers is there

I’m picking Willet and Lobb to make a serious impression today and go on to shake up the nrl and be one of many parts that come together to lead us to the promised land..This year
Can you really blame Graham here?

TroyJax

Juniors

Lol this aged well

WA Tiger

Bench
Lol this aged well
It sounded good at the time haha
I’ll stick with the willet and lob view tho
Benji needs to harden up as from NOW..to get the halves and wingers right for round 2
And yes get the forwards firing
May have been just what Benji needed. As long as he doesn’t crawl into his shell now

Wizardman

First Grade
The only thing that gives me optimism for my club's future is the leadership change. I do think that people high up the food chain at the Tigers are genuinely trying to change things......but people need to remember that these changes have happened less than three months ago. This is simply going to take time and I feel as long as Richardson is around, our club will be the better for his presence and guidance. Im sure he'll keep some close tabs around the key people in our club over the next six months.

Nutz

Bench
The only thing that gives me optimism for my club's future is the leadership change. I do think that people high up the food chain at the Tigers are genuinely trying to change things......but people need to remember that these changes have happened less than three months ago. This is simply going to take time and I feel as long as Richardson is around, our club will be the better for his presence and guidance. Im sure he'll keep some close tabs around the key people in our club over the next six months.
He did say in the latest Behind The Roar podcast that Benji has received help and more is on the way...I wonder if this players or administration?

Nutz

Bench
I genuinely have faith in Richo.....he has proven himself over and over again in rugby league.
A lot of teams in the past have had shocking trial then played better in regular games. We can't jump ship.
I'm a dumbass faithful so I'll be in it again for another year, and again and again and.................................

Fordy20

Juniors
I may be wrong but I got the impression from what Pascoe said (and only reading) that he became hamstrung lately..like he didn’t have the free rein on decisions that he used to have.. How recent that changed? But I could imagine maybe well after Lee joined his comedy show and maybe some time after their sheens coaching decision was made then rubber stamped by the board and then that turned to shit..
This would explain how the west tigers fell into a hole after Pascoes appointment that we only now appear to be climbing out of. That the board knew nothing about rugby league would have only contributed to Pascoe having disproportional power earlier on..
He certainly spoke like he used to have that power, but it was taken away from him, at which point he lost interest in the job
The funny thing is he spoke about it like that was a bad thing

I just finished watching the second half of the interview. In it, Justin confirms that he never was given full responsibility, particularly when it came to the coach and recruitment of players. There were always delegations he was not given. The whole thing is two hours, but the departure from the Tigers section is under twenty minutes and the most interesting part:

But who was making it hard for Pascoe to do his job, it's not like he didn't have a fellow window licking dope as chairman.

The same bunch of oafs and morons that have been holding back the club for the past eighteen years: the board. The same people who are still in control now.

I really hope this is the case. On the BTR podcast the other day, Richo mentioned that they were looking to implement true corporate governance, but he's got a huge uphill battle to get to that point. He also mentioned that 9000 of our reported members weren't financial members. He's got another uphill battle there too. How do you bring back all the people that have been alienated? How do you convince people to part with money to support the club when they don't get a say and they get nothing out of it? Especially when the governance and ownership model are still the same as before.

Last edited:
I really hope this is the case. On the BTR podcast the other day, Richo mentioned that they were looking to implement true corporate governance, but he's got a huge uphill battle to get to that point. He also mentioned that 9000 of our reported members weren't financial members. He's got another uphill battle there too. How do you bring back all the people that have been alienated? How do you convince people to part with money to support the club when they don't get a say and they get nothing out of it? Especially when the governance and ownership model are still the same as before.
The only thing that will bring back most lapsed members is results on the field. Even if governance was fixed, or at the very changed to give members some sort of say, until we start winning consistently most people will stay away I think.

gordsy

Juniors
The only thing that will bring back most lapsed members is results on the field. Even if governance was fixed, or at the very changed to give members some sort of say, until we start winning consistently most people will stay away I think.
I would be reluctant to be guided by what dickheads in the press say. Here's an example of what I mean.
One of the new corp dopes wrote an article about how great Bevan French played in the wcc and how Parra were dopes to let him go. Yet no mention of how no nrl club has made a move to sign him, since he left.
So it either means that he isn't good enough to get paid the money he is asking, he is too Inconsistent or a dickhead off the field or he just wants to stay in the UK, yet Parramatta are stupid for letting go a bloke who was all speed and little else.

All I want is for Richo get the job fulltime and keep doing good work and the boys to play like they give a toss.
Do that and the season is a winner no matter what the final ladder says.

Last edited:

Benchtiger

Juniors
I think most of us would all agree that we would just like to see the team have a crack.All teams have an off week during the season where they just don't 'turn up', unfortunately the WT have made a habit of it just about every week which is inexcusable when they are supposed to be professional outfit.

Latest posts