What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

Father Ted

First Grade
So if all the rumours were true we'd have 2x Stewarts 1x Lewis 1x Miller 1xSmith 1x Pearce 1x T Rex 2 x Jennings... Nice .. so is anyone actually showing up ???

mickeylane

Bench
Willett - is Lewis' mgr....Information regarding Lewis requesting clearance from Panthers is 4 weeks old..just after Origin started....put request in to Penrith to leave in early June!! Wanted to sign w Bulldogs w Hasler but salary cap restrictions and Tony Wiliams stuffed move up...Ricky Stuart (Dragons intermediary approached him) maneuvering Lewis, Pearce and Kenny Dowell!! to Dragons 2013 also Saints have requested Reece Robinson from Canberra for early contract release (Dugan coming back) ....I dont make this shit up straight from mgt offices....!

mickeylane

Bench
how did they sign williams for $400K!! read my post!!! Lewis wanted to go but Bulldogs ended up w Williams....whres the lies!! what are u doing up - go to sleep!!

blacksafake

First Grade
I can live with most of this,not fussed on Kenny Dowell but it doesn't seem like anything the dragons would do.Too many good players there in one transaction as well as spending money which aint part of Doust's persona.

Fire

First Grade
also Saints have requested Reece Robinson from Canberra for early contract release

This is really the only part that interests me. It would explain Robinson's good form over the past fortnight as he is playing for a contract again. If we get Lewis it would be great, but I won't be upset at all if we miss out.

TheRev

First Grade
Robinson has been killing it... but considering how good his current form is, id be shocked if Canberra let him go, surely they can fit him and Dugen in somewhere?

However with Beale coming, unless Cooper is going sooner than we hope, it seems we have a lot of outside back depth, and still no answer for halfback?

Willett - is Lewis' mgr....Information regarding Lewis requesting clearance from Panthers is 4 weeks old..just after Origin started....put request in to Penrith to leave in early June!! Wanted to sign w Bulldogs w Hasler but salary cap restrictions and Tony Wiliams stuffed move up...Ricky Stuart (Dragons intermediary approached him) maneuvering Lewis, Pearce and Kenny Dowell!! to Dragons 2013 also Saints have requested Reece Robinson from Canberra for early contract release (Dugan coming back) ....I dont make this shit up straight from mgt offices....!

Can comfirm what mickys saying about Lewis wanting out and going to play for the dogs is 100% true, but it was jennings also trying to go to the dogs as well they both cant stand cleary,one of my mates i played footy with is lukes besty its all true what micks saying..
As for the other stuff woundnt have a clue sounds pretty good though...;-)

So does all this mean that Cooper, Hornby & Price are going to be paid out of their contracts a year early to accomodate all this? (New coach & players):oops: This souunds very undragon like to me.

possm

Coach
I would like the following to happen:

Hornby and Fien be offered good positions at the Club on their retirement at the end of this year's competition.

Price to be offered an assistant coach postion alongside Folkes.

A new coach (yet to be selected) be contracted for the next three years.

Doust has to act soon because even he understands that team success is always a very important element when it comes to club revenue.

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade

I know he'd like to keep things quiet if negotiations were going on, but after reading reports of what Peter Doust said today, it doesn't seem like he knows about any of this. Please pass this on to your source & ask them to comment.

Going by many of the comments on todays 'Talkn sport', R Stuart is a done deal to coach the Raiders, with Furner his assistant. You would think with their contacts they would have a fair idea of what's going on. In any case I don't care what any predictions are Price was always going to see out a 2 yr deal no matter how bad he went this year.

gorilla

First Grade

You're ... one hot ... tamale !

_Johnsy

Referee
We'll get 2/3'rds of SFA as per usual & Mickey "I don't make this sh*t up" will come up short again.

gypsy

Bench
An interesting one hit my desk this afternoon, that being Ricky Stuart is thought to be in serious talks with the Dragons.

This is following on from the belief that Trent Barrett will have a full time role with the Blues in 2013, freeing Stuart up but for the 3 weeks when Origin is on.

If my mail is good, expect to hear an announcement within the next few weeks.

This. I broke this story on here the other day. Looking more and more like Im on the money again. You're welcome guys.
:cool:

nrlnrl

First Grade
This. I broke this story on here the other day. Looking more and more like Im on the money again. You're welcome guys.
:cool:

Is the press conference this Friday or are they going to delay it a week because they don't to jinx him & make the announcement on Friday the 13th ?

Fire

First Grade
Monday night on NRL Xtra Matthew Johns announced that Brett Kimmorley would be our coach next season.