What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

Frederick

Staff member
Knew it. Bloody Willie Peters. Thankfully he'll be gone next year and will finally allow AOB to implement his gameplan and take us to the 2023 GF.
What if we're all way off and it's actually Bedsy who is the villain here - wouldn't that be a plot twist 😂😬

perverse

Referee
Eh it's all well and good for Nathan Ryan to say that... but he has to reconcile that with the fact that Gardner would have signed off on Kurt Manns last 2 contracts.

aqua_duck

Coach
Eh it's all well and good for Nathan Ryan to say that... but he has to reconcile that with the fact that Gardner would have signed off on Kurt Manns last 2 contracts.
why wouldn't he though? Mann is a good clubman whos never been in trouble and is someone the coach wanted, if hes going to veto every 2nd mid tier player the coach wants then he may as well coach the side himself

Jono078

Referee
Yep. We can't have it both ways.

Either Gardner is too involved in recruitment/retention or he does his role and allows those in charge of recruitment/retention to advise him of what they want to do.

PhilGould

Bench
AOB not getting on with Ryan was the reason he was fired, or so the story went at the time. Doubt he'd have nice things to say even if we were winning.

macavity

Referee
There are lots of people to blame

By all reports Phil is a switched on and good dude. But he is a micromanager extraordinaire. That absolutely kills organisational culture and doesn’t allow others to use their talents. No one wants to work for a micromanager and it never leads to good results in a complex environment.

Danny is a super nice guy. But his role requires a hard arse willing to upset people.

AOB… I don’t know. But it’s not working and blaming the culture when (at least with the playing group) it’s your responsibility… is a dangerous game to play.

perverse

Referee
why wouldn't he though? Mann is a good clubman whos never been in trouble and is someone the coach wanted, if hes going to veto every 2nd mid tier player the coach wants then he may as well coach the side himself
Oh, I was just having a laugh. My point is that the boss always holds some level of responsibility, because they're the ones that make the big decisions, that hire and keep these people making bad decisions employed. Having said that, Kurt Mann is a turnip of a footballer, and one of the many nobodies we've constantly hitched our wagon to for whatever reason.

But I've never been one to beat up on Gardner, at least that I can remember. I don't know where the theory that a guy that runs the scale of business he has for so long is somehow a mug came from.

aqua_duck

Coach
Oh, I was just having a laugh. My point is that the boss always holds some level of responsibility, because they're the ones that make the big decisions, that hire and keep these people making bad decisions employed. Having said that, Kurt Mann is a turnip of a footballer, and one of the many nobodies we've constantly hitched our wagon to for whatever reason.

But I've never been one to beat up on Gardner, at least that I can remember. I don't know where the theory that a guy that runs the scale of business he has for so long is somehow a mug came from.
once the parasites at news limited have a target they don't let up

Knight Tales

Bench
The fact they have gone after Gardner and conveniently overlooked all the money he has invested in the club is very lowball. Yes he could make stronger choices but to suggest he is a incompetent CEO is hilarious. His business record is second to no one.

aqua_duck

Coach
The fact they have gone after Gardner and conveniently overlooked all the money he has invested in the club is very lowball. Yes he could make stronger choices but to suggest he is a incompetent CEO is hilarious. His business record is second to no one.
was even funnier of Buzz to suggest Phil was under pressure, that just tells me Buzz hasn't bothered to do an ounce of research about the position of Gardner, Wests and the knights

Yosh

Coach
I've been through some terrible times as a Knights supporter but if we lose out on Ciraldo to either the Tigers or Bulldogs because we fired AOB too late... I'm going to lose it. I've had enough crap. We've been in the gutter the past decade and a half but I've stuck through it.

Seriously, if we lose out on Ciraldo, end up firing AOB at the end of season because we got the spoon and then end up hiring another nuffie again... I'm going to.... I'm going to... I'm going to keep supporting this toilet of a club I guess because I must be a sick machoistic sucker or something... But you guys get my point.